Custom ICS with root - done :)

Search This thread

norberto_

Jun 16, 2010
never say never!
ICS will be available on more devices day by day, so the devs will find some ics exploit. Just need some time.

adarshmk

Sep 28, 2008
@condi

can I install your pre rooted ics on a 3g tablet using your to be released AIO tool 2.7??... INDIA region

Akiller2

Jun 25, 2011
Murcia
In spain midnigth has already pass. So good night everybpdy so far is been really great to follow all the posts to get ics asap.
I wish the best to condi and good luck I will dream with ics :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: condi

ptlab

Jul 20, 2009
Lisbon
In spain midnigth has already pass. So good night everybpdy so far is been really great to follow all the posts to get ics asap.
I wish the best to condi and good luck I hop

40 min to midnight in Portugal and it's been wild!

Finishing an android application (to be announced soon) for both phones and tablets and hitting the refresh button every 10 min. to see how condi is making progress...

May de Source be with him :D

condi: we are all waiting for you, master.

naindu84

Sep 23, 2010
Ten minute after, you finish? I'm so impatient... The change in built done nothing for me, in france.

vnqshr

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks a bunch Condi!

It got to about 12.30am and I figured I should just wait, and, of course, I wake up in the morning and you've got it all figured out! Cheers! :)

If I may ask just one little thing more...
Is it possible for you to add Australia to the region changer? I hastily changed my region to US last night, thinking there would be a 'revert to backed up' function, but there isn't. (Unless there are ZERO downsides to mine being a US device, as it's just wifi)
Any help would be great, thanks!

condi

Feb 13, 2007
Ostrów Wielkopolski
condiecu.pl
When will you be posting it?
Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA
Already here.

Thanks a bunch Condi!

It got to about 12.30am and I figured I should just wait, and, of course, I wake up in the morning and you've got it all figured out! Cheers! :)

If I may ask just one little thing more...
Is it possible for you to add Australia to the region changer? I hastily changed my region to US last night, thinking there would be a 'revert to backed up' function, but there isn't. (Unless there are ZERO downsides to mine being a US device, as it's just wifi)
Any help would be great, thanks!

Yes, no problem, I just need Australian data, region.zip, build.prop values.

Now sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep... good night all :)

Reactions: VmKid

TheHurf

Jan 30, 2011
Condi,

Thanks for your great work, though my update process appears to freeze when the recovery section has completed and failed (like it's supposed to), I ran the program a second time and got as far as flashing the custom.signed.zip over, when recovery fell over while writing files to vendor0 and presented this message:

assert failed: mount("ext4", "EMMC", "dev/block/mmcblk0p8", "/datapp")
E:Error in /sdcard/custom_update_signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

VmKid

Apr 26, 2012
vmkid.me
I'm following the instructions on the page, but I get an error whenever I attempt to decrypt update.zip. Is there a step that I'm missing? (There seems to be a step 1 missing. Extra press of the enter button?). I feel sorta like an idiot.

Code:
[*] build.incremental value is too high,
reapply 'rescue-backdoor'

TheHurf

Jan 30, 2011
You need to run the rescue backdoor option in the tool, that changes the step-value from 12345678 (i.e.) to 1.

Reactions: VmKid

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I patiently waited today for AIO v2.7 and ICS thanks to Condi.

To my suprise i was guttered to find I had to have a previouly rooted tablet.

I have 3.2.1 with the dreaded kernal10. :mad:

Is there anything possibly to get ICS.

In thread "[DEV] ICS rooting for kernel 10 users"by Nesquick95 he said "Now let's wait for ICS and hope that Sony's one will be built on a "good" kernel". I believe this is a good kernal reported as "2.6.39.4" by kurtis.austin2 on "Sony tablet on ICS =)".

So is this possible to somehow root ICS when OTA is avaiable in my Country????

Thanks in advance from all kernal 10 users. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: el0heem

VmKid

Apr 26, 2012
vmkid.me
Thanks. Gonna install it now.

Also, that example code is the exact same as the code on my luggage! [/reference]

Success! Thanks a bajillion, folks! :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O K. Got ICS prerooted :)
    Just as I promised weeks before release !!! :D :D :D

Gonna release S.onyTable.S v2.7 with ICS custom-make today.

Everybody who has got root on 3.2.1 and havent updated already,
    DO NOT UPDATE! In ICS exploit which we used is locked also (like in kernel #10 etc.)

br
    condi
    So when do you think you will have it all done?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA

Its done :) last test with a friend, waiting for flash to complete, then check if everything is ok, then release :)
    got it! i only have to wait then... let's suppose tomorrow a rom with 3g comes out.. how much time will you need to edit it and give us the new version? (sorry for the impatience!)

To be honest v2.7 is ready, but now I've got to make tests before release,
    its got to be tested :)

Now I need to downgrade to honeycomb lol :D

WTF!!! Android system recovery (Rev.29)<3e> !!
    condi,

YOU RULE! \o/

Congratulations on ANOTHER GREAT success :D