Google wallet bank transfer delays

Search This thread

diegomaeggo

Apr 16, 2014
I have been using Google wallet for the last 6 months or so and have a savings account at my bank linked to it. In the past transferring money from the bank account to Google was almost instantaneous, I would always get a confirmation email within seconds and the funds would show as available in the wallet app right away. On Saturday I transferred a small amount to wallet but a hold was placed on it by Google until 6/13. I tried another transfer this morning and another hold until 6/17. Is anyone else seeing these kinds of holds from Google? Is this something new they are doing?

Reactions: monskey8

monskey8

Dec 10, 2014
Hello, I know this post is old but I recently started having this same issue. Transfers were near instaneous, and after a returned transfer, all future transfers take a week or more to become available. Apparently it's some "security feature" Google implemented. Much more of an inconvenience. Were these features ever lifted for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using Google wallet for the last 6 months or so and have a savings account at my bank linked to it. In the past transferring money from the bank account to Google was almost instantaneous, I would always get a confirmation email within seconds and the funds would show as available in the wallet app right away. On Saturday I transferred a small amount to wallet but a hold was placed on it by Google until 6/13. I tried another transfer this morning and another hold until 6/17. Is anyone else seeing these kinds of holds from Google? Is this something new they are doing?