Battery Life with Radio 2.07.50.27_02

Search This thread

manuel_f2003

May 24, 2006
I want only give my experience with this new Radio 2.07.50.27_02. I use Miri ROm v 1.5 with wm 6.5.3. One thing that was boring me,was the fact of the battery drain. I wakeup normaly on 7h morning and on 13h my battery was drain to 55 - 50% with 15 min of internet search, 5 min RSS feeds update, 10- 15 min on phone and 30 min mp3 player on the car with S2P, one weather update (3h) and one twitter update. No Bluetooth and no WIFi.
I have flash this Radio 2.07.50.27_02 on Saturday night and on Sunday (Yesterday ) i have verify immediatly that the drain was less. But today i know that is true. I use the phone in the same way i use every week day and on this time, 13:50 , i have 83% of Battery. I will confirm this again tomorrow.

I wan´t only give this information for anyone that wan´t try this Radio. I have try a lot of Radios but this is amazing.

Sorry for my bad English.

crc_666

Jan 24, 2010
Same with i had this battery problem with all roms and radio which ever i install atlast i found my solution with this radio its amazing give it a shot its gr8

thanx

ReVolut1on

Dec 12, 2009
Vantaa
I have the exact same experiences with that radio! It's simply outstanding and it also works well with the 576 RAM hack.

antaed

Nov 23, 2009
radio 2.07.50.27_2

+1. very poor battery performance in the first day after flashing this radio. now it improved a lot but not quite as good as the previous ones...
the speed and stability is fantastic though.

JJKameR

Dec 6, 2008
Milan
+1. very poor battery performance in the first day after flashing this radio. now it improved a lot but not quite as good as the previous ones...
the speed and stability is fantastic though.

This is absolutely normal.
Is the HD2 your first HTC?

Battery life after a flash is always terrible.
You need to wait at least a full discharge before talking about battery life.

The best thing to do after the flash is a full battery cycle (i.e. full discharging, taking out the battery for 2 mins, putting it back, full charge, battery out for 2 mins, battery in -- your done).

antaed

Nov 23, 2009
Battery life

This is absolutely normal.
Is the HD2 your first HTC?

Battery life after a flash is always terrible.
You need to wait at least a full discharge before talking about battery life.

The best thing to do after the flash is a full battery cycle (i.e. full discharging, taking out the battery for 2 mins, putting it back, full charge, battery out for 2 mins, battery in -- your done).

Yes, this is my first HTC. Buggy, thirsty, not what I expected but I love every minute with my phone because of everything else about it. This community has a lot to do with it though... :)

About the full battery cycle, I did all the steps except taking the battery out 2 mins after full charge. I'll try again, thanks.

fruchtfliege

Jan 18, 2008
my battery life is much better with 2.07 radio rom, too! my hd2 is almost perfekt - except the noise problem of earpiece :(

pretender17

Jun 15, 2008
Toronto
16:30h . Make one call 3 min and one weather autoupdate. 80%.
3% drain in 3 h. Great!!!

Hi Manuel,

Can you update what else you are using on your phone, do you have Exchange enabled.. what about the syncing.. is it 'as items arrive' or syncing manually.
Do you have hotmail syncing as well?
Do you use IM?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to see if you're phone usage is similar to mine

Thanks!

manuel_f2003

May 24, 2006
Hi Manuel,

Can you update what else you are using on your phone, do you have Exchange enabled.. what about the syncing.. is it 'as items arrive' or syncing manually.
Do you have hotmail syncing as well?
Do you use IM?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to see if you're phone usage is similar to mine

Thanks!

Because of drain of the battery i have removed all the autoupdates from twitter ; Hotmail and other two emails accounts. The only think that i keep on autoupdate is the weather and my location that sync every 3h. i will keep this settings for one day more to see if i have the same good results of battery as the last two days.

Today again i have wakeup on 7h with full charge of battery. on 30 min of trip to work i use the phone as mp3 player. 10 min use of internet to make all the updates from RSS FEED and E-mails. At this time (9.10h)i have 92%. very good!

padlad

Jan 23, 2005
You can get it from the rom development section, I'm not convinced about this radio yet, the power drain does not seem to be better than the 2.06 one I was using previously. I'll try for a bit longer though and see how it goes.

manuel_f2003

May 24, 2006
You can get it from the rom development section, I'm not convinced about this radio yet, the power drain does not seem to be better than the 2.06 one I was using previously. I'll try for a bit longer though and see how it goes.

Hello. If you find another that is better, let us know. I have try several radios 2.06 and it was not better then this one. But it can depend alsoon the location .

jamieeeee

Dec 11, 2008
i am using stock rom 1.66 so you guys are saying that if i flash that radio rom my battery life will improve? will i lose my messages and settings in the process or is a radio rom flash only a partial flash? thanks!

edit nevermind if found out that i will not lose any of my contacts. Nice! will try it when i get home and let you know if i notice any improvement :)

Last edited:

manuel_f2003

May 24, 2006
i am using stock rom 1.66 so you guys are saying that if i flash that radio rom my battery life will improve? will i lose my messages and settings in the process or is a radio rom flash only a partial flash? thanks!

edit nevermind if found out that i will not lose any of my contacts. Nice! will try it when i get home and let you know if i notice any improvement :)

Thats right. You can flash any radio that you wan´t. You don´t lose anything on the the phone. Le us know your experience with this radio.

Thanks