[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Hi guys. I am having this issue where once I have an incoming call and try to answer it, either by pressing the talk button or using the slide-to-answer, there is a chance the phone will never respond to the actions and I will miss the incoming call even though I was pounding away at the talk button.

Any advice? I am using the latest kitchen.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi gilmorej,

Launch the kitchen and save your ROM profile. Afterwards, ZIP the ROM profile (.ERV) and Build Log file and attach them to a post in this thread so that I may look have a look at them.

Cheers,

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Here are the files and a bit more information concerning the circumstances.

I flashed this new version of the ROM because the ROM I had been running developed the same issue (not accepting calls). I figured some files must have gotten corrupted, or something, and instead of just doing a hard reset I would check out the latest developments on this project. However, once I flashed the new ROM and discovered it was also doing this I started to think about what had changed around the time this issue arose.

The only thing that changed before I started having this problem was that my area now has a 3G signal. I don't know what this may have to do with the problem, but we started getting 3G service here within days of me first noticing this issue. Nothing else has changed about my phone other than that. I never had my phone not accept a call when we were still on EDGE service.

This may not have anything to do with the issue, however it seems suspicious to me and I guess any information I can give may be of some help.

File james_custom.rar is the ROM I currently have on the phone from kitchen build 21056.

File james_custom_older.rar is the ROM I had running when the issue first arose, from kitchen build 21054.

At any rate, thank you for looking into this. And thanks for still devoting time to this project. I really like this kitchen and how simplistic I can customize my phone to be without totally making it bare-bones.

P.S.:
Those two RAR files are zipped into the attached ZIP. I wasn't aware the forums didn't allow attachments of RAR files. I wonder why that is?

Attachments

• james_custom.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 6

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@gilmorej:

I'm attaching an .ERV profile for you to test with; changes to note:

• Removed .NET 3.7 (known to be problematic)
  • Changed the volume control package
  • Added missing dependency packages
  • Added Manila for the time being, disable via Settings -> Today -> Items -> TouchFLO 3D

I recommend working off a clean kitchen so as to leave your existing kitchen untouched. You can always copy in any additional changes you have made.

Please follow this procedure for your new (clean) folder - ex: C:\XDA\My_Visual_Kitchen:

1. Download Visual Kitchen 6.1.21056
  2. Download & Apply Pack 1
  3. Download & Apply Pack 2
  4. Download & Apply Pack 3
  5. Download & Apply Pack 4
  6. Download James_Custom_ERV_Revised.zip

7. Compile a ROM using the Revised ERV Profile - do not change selections.
  8. Backup the build log.
  9. Test the ROM on your device for a week or so.

If you are still experiencing the same problem, post separate .ZIP files that contain the logs for each of the ROM compilation/test along with any scenarios that you think I can try to simulate.

NOTE:

• I'm currently using the attached revised profile on my device.
  • The kitchen I used to compile the ROM is exactly as noted in the steps above - no additions/removals/changes.
  • Running kitchen on Windows XP SP3.

HTH,

Attachments

• James_Custom_ERV_Revised.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
All right, first off let me apologize for taking so long to make a response.

However, after continuing to have issues I have done more experimenting and have come up with some insights..

It does have something to do with 3G as I thought. I found that the issue only occurs when the phone recieves an incoming call when it is in standby state on H or 3G mode. When the phone wakes up to ring, unless it is answered almost immediately, the phone will not pick up the call when you try to answer it.

I tried disabling HSDPA but was still getting the issue when in 3G mode. So I selected GSM band in phone settings to disable 3G altogether. When phone is in EDGE mode this problem does not occur.

I tried manually selecting WCDMA mode to see if the Auto band selection is what was tripping it up but still had the problem.

So, since I need my phone to work as a phone foremost, I am running in forced EDGE mode. This is not ideal and I don't want to have to keep my internet gimped just so that i dont end up missing important calls.

I am not sure how further to proceed with the troubleshooting. But given this new information perhaps you will now be able to reproduce the problem, or maybe you already have an idea what is happening?

I want to thank you again for your continued support.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Interesting,

I'm not experiencing that issue on Rogers; what radio version are you using? Did you change the RIL file?

Few options for you:

1) Have a look at the .provxml files in the Custom Profile package as they contain many carrier related "bug fixes". All of the entries are commented; see if one of the entries "stands out".

2) Download the SYS 21056, ROM: 21054/20779 pack and inject it in a copy of your kitchen so as to build a 21054 (21055/21056=DFT, 21054=Da_G) ROM - see 1st post of this thread for link to wiki. The ReadMe in the pack provides instructions on what to do.

3) RAR up your kitchen and get it over to me and I'll compare it to mine - if you're using a free service, 200MB is the max. Remember to delete the TEMP and the RAPHIMG.NBH to keep the size down. Worse case, split the kitchen in parts and send me a PM with the link(s).

Cheers,

Last edited:

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
FWIW, I am on AT&T.

I am using radio version 1.14.25.35 and I didn't mess with the RIL file at all.

I'll look through the .provxml files later, over the next couple of days, as I get some free time off work. But I'm not exactly sure what I'll be looking for. Maybe it will be obvious.

Also, I'll try the SYS pack suggestion and let you know if that changed anything.

As far as my kitchen goes, I am simply using the "WWE Visual Kitchen 6.1, OEM: 5.12.206.1 (20779), SYS: 21055, ROM: 21056/20779, 158 MB, 17.01.2010" kitchen that you posted in the first message plus all (five now) package files. I haven't done any file editing at all, so I'm not sure how much it would help to RAR all of that up for you since it's basically an exact copy of what you put up. But I will do it if you still think it could be helpful.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
FWIW, I am on AT&T.

I am using radio version 1.14.25.35 and I didn't mess with the RIL file at all.

You're using the same Radio version I am and I suspect the RIL is fine if you haven't added any of the RIL override packages.

I'll look through the .provxml files later, over the next couple of days, as I get some free time off work. But I'm not exactly sure what I'll be looking for. Maybe it will be obvious.

The comments are straight from those found in the stock AT&T ROM. Have a look through to see if any of the comments pertaining to 3G/HSPA, or indicate a fix for crashes, etc. It's possible nothing may "stand out"; but in case you see something that triggers a "hey, ya i've had that happen".

Also, I'll try the SYS pack suggestion and let you know if that changed anything.

As far as my kitchen goes, I am simply using the "WWE Visual Kitchen 6.1, OEM: 5.12.206.1 (20779), SYS: 21055, ROM: 21056/20779, 158 MB, 17.01.2010" kitchen that you posted in the first message plus all (five now) package files. I haven't done any file editing at all, so I'm not sure how much it would help to RAR all of that up for you since it's basically an exact copy of what you put up. But I will do it if you still think it could be helpful.

I assumed you had followed the steps I previously outlined; something is up, just not certain as to what it is at the moment.

The ROM/SYS pack is a quick way of adding a new/old ROM and SYS to the kitchen without having to rebuild everything from scratch. Alternatively, you can download the 21054 kitchen from the WIKI and build a ROM. You don't need to apply any of the packs, the ROM won't be "pretty" but it would at least help in isolating the issue.

Approach 1:

• Build a ROM using only the 21054 kitchen. If you don't encounter the problem, build a ROM using only the 21056 kitchen. If you don't encounter the problem, it's likely something in a package in one of the Application Packs. We can add one pack at a time to find the problematic package.
  • If you encounter a problem in the 21054 kitchen (without any packs applied), then it's a kitchen package, .rgu/.reg, or .provxml entry that is causing an issue. I'm sure we can isolate the offending setting that is causing the issue.
  • If you encounter a problem in the 21056 kitchen (without any packs applied), it's could be an issue in the SYS or ROM (XIP) as the packages in the kitchen were not altered - i.e. they are the same as 21054.

Approach 2:

It's possible that the problem is related to SLOT0 containing modules - ideally, SLOT0 should always remain at 0 modules. I posted two Recoded Modules pack at the beginning of this thread for the purpose of ensuring that SLOT0 remained empty. May be worth trying the RECMOD approach to see if that helps.

Either way, keep me posted on your progress and don't hesitate to PM if you need assistance with the RECMOD or other.

Cheers,

Last edited:

osash2000

Apr 24, 2009
may i ask a small Q....regardingthe OEM....
if i want to put an app in my cooke ROM i know that i can covert the app from cab--to---ext..however i can do cab--to--OME and OEM --to-- EXT...what are the different and which is better ??? really need help to understnad this