[ROM] [25.07.2010] [dan1j3l LeoFroyo Sense RC1] [kernel: Cotulla 2.6.32.9 #71]

Search This thread

donkeypunch85

Jun 30, 2010
T-Town, WA
How can a past version be working better than the newer version. Is there anyone who can actually help people around here? Signal lost and not returning

Theyve had more time to work on it. He said the 3G wouldnt work properly in the readme. Just gonna take more time to get this working righ. Give him time, Im sure itll be funtioning great in a short while. :)

BearZ

Jul 16, 2010
Houston
www.zubairparkar.com
I recommend NOT UPGRADING to the Froyo Sense build. I honestly got the best results with LeoFroyo 1.0 + Cotulla jul23 update. The Jul25 was slow :( Anyway, if you are still wondering if you should upgrade, I say NO... don't do it

Julian713

Jul 11, 2010
Here are some results from me using this build:

1,700 kbps download on 3G.

13,000kbps download on wifi.

Camera works fine. This is running better than the previous Froyo Sense build. Still a little laggy (as stated) but if you have some patience works just fine. I love the look of it (I know not the most important thing right now, its more of a luxury, but still :D)

I made a few phone calls, it was clear on my end. I still need to get input from people on how I sound on their end, will post once i get some input back.

When I wake my phone from sleep, my screen flashes this quick rainbow color thing, i cant describe it really sorry....if it happens to you, then you will know what I am talking about (please post if this happens to you).

Thats it for now....
I'm using the Energy Rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591784 (build 21911)
Radio: 2.10.50
T-Mobile USA

Last edited:

lucian777

Jan 25, 2007
Bucharest
For me dan's latest is ok but with cotulla's latest zimage, battery seems very good :) , lag fixed by advance task killer. Thanks Dan!

elgrego4

Mar 3, 2010
Stick to Froyo build without Sense. It's much faster and I'm sure he will soon update that build. Sense is too much of a memory hog for me.

I agree, also I thought he said that due to legal reasons he was scrapping the sense stuff? There seems to be a pattern with all the builds coming out that they cant sort the camera and camcorder. Are these ever going to be fixed?

ATomCZ

Mar 20, 2008
Prague
Interesting is that this build can't find my WIFI. I used also before build and there was the same problem until i switched roofs.img with rooted version which somebody post to another android thread. Use new version rooted roofs.img?

basst85

Nov 17, 2009
Ermelo
Here are some results from me using this build:

1,700 kbps download on 3G.

13,000kbps download on wifi.

Camera works fine, no flash. This is running better than the previous Froyo Sense build. Still a little laggy (as stated) but if you have some patience works just fine. I love the look of it (I know not the most important thing right now, its more of a luxury, but still :D)

No flash? Flash LED is working here while taking photo.

I have the following "issues":
- A little bit laggy.
- Have some touch-screen freezes.
- Get some "out-of-memory" errors in dmesg:
Out of memory: kill process 1378 (.android.camera)

Last edited:

memin1857

Jun 2, 2010
Istanbul
-camcorder app can enable led flash now
-original camcorder app can't record (no but 3rd party may work)
-camera app sets brightness %100, upon exit it stays %100 (because by default it is set to auto backlight and light sensor does not yet work)
-still gets VERY slow when downloading/installing from market. becomes temprorily unresponsive.
-camera has proper flash exposure now (no more full white photos with flash)
-why is usb storage disabled for security resons? vanilla froyo has usb storage working and you can even delete whole android folder/files without problem
-fast adobe flash and javascript performance
-3g works for me with the included rootfs
-market sometimes does not download until restart. Or starts downloading much later.
-Most LED flashlight/torch apps/widgets from market works. (i.e. no root led torch, mototorch led, led flashlight, led light, tesla) HTC's own doesn't work.

Fa1n7

Dec 5, 2009
Plovdiv
I have a strange problem. Once I start Haret the phones starts doing its job, but then eventually, right after saying "LeoFroyo Sense Release Candidate 1 by danIj3l", it says "running and fsck on the SD card
dosfck 3.1.1, 23 Nov 2008 FAT32, LFN
Logical sector size is zero
Mount: mounting /dev/block.mmcblk0w1 on /sdcard failed: Invalid argument
Failed
Failed to mount the SD card. Cannont continue"

and some information about the battery starts comming each minute. What do I do wrong? Energy ROM + MaxSense UI and radio 2.12.50 02~2.

devilman

Sep 4, 2007
i am running, at the moment, your

dan1j3l Froyo Desire build PR-1 downloaded from gamesquare.co.uk with latest cotulla's zimge (25/07)
is it the same as this release?

I found these 2 problems :

Wi-fi router not working (it does not activete, giving an error)
Some apps from the market do not install (ex : skymap).

any hint?

Thank you for your amazing work, HTC should learn from you

ala380

Aug 18, 2007
I agree, also I thought he said that due to legal reasons he was scrapping the sense stuff? There seems to be a pattern with all the builds coming out that they cant sort the camera and camcorder. Are these ever going to be fixed?

First of all it has been confirmed that sense is not a memory hog. Second people like options, there are many who like sense so there is no harm in developing both. As developers they have the right to develop whatever they would like and you and you can choose to use it or not Third things will be working when they are working. They are completely working from scratch for kernels and drivers. If you can't be patient and wait for certain features than stop downloading these developmental builds. I'm sorry if this comes off as mean but I'm tired of people complaining. If you want certain features working than you are more than welcome to try to build it yourself.

elgrego4

Mar 3, 2010
First of all it has been confirmed that sense is not a memory hog. Second people like options, there are many who like sense so there is no harm in developing both. As developers they have the right to develop whatever they would like and you and you can choose to use it or not Third things will be working when they are working. They are completely working from scratch for kernels and drivers. If you can't be patient and wait for certain features than stop downloading these developmental builds. I'm sorry if this comes off as mean but I'm tired of people complaining. If you want certain features working than you are more than welcome to try to build it yourself.

Im not having a dig at sense, it is just that Dan said on twitter that he will not be carrying on working on the sense because of legal issues

DuperMan

Oct 22, 2007
DL'ed and "upgraded" :)
Working great so far - camera working.
Messaging is having some issues, will sleep on it though and check back tomorrow to see if it's only me. Sense messaging app crashes when I send a message but apparently the message gets sent.

DuperMan

buffalowings

May 27, 2010
the new froyo sense build seems to run smoother as time goes on.. the first boot is really rough and unstable but after a couple reboots (and with the help of a task killer) thebuild starts getting more and more stable. i do believe the stock froyo build is better suited as an everyday build since its more stable, so that is what im going back to

jawash22

Feb 24, 2009
Texas

I think some people just want to see more work on the standard froyo build since it has less bugs and are just impatient. Let's just wait and we will all be happy in the end. FYI....Sense is a memory hog, but it affects us less now that these newer phones have more memory to work with. It's due to background apps and widgets.

aibo

Sep 15, 2007
I found these 2 problems :

Wi-fi router not working (it does not activete, giving an error)
Some apps from the market do not install (ex : skymap).

any hint?

Thank you for your amazing work, HTC should learn from you

I have the same problem installing some apps from market, apps that are over 3MB like neocore. Same problem with all Froyo builds to date.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dan1j3l LeoFroyo Sense - Release Candidate 1

Basic info:
    - Base ROM = HTC Desire Android FroYo 2.2 FR9
    - Kernel = Cotlla 2.6.32.9 #71 (build from his tree)
    original kernel tree can be found at:
    git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/groups/mobile-linux/kernel.git
    gitweb: http://git.linuxtogo.org/?p=groups/mobile-linux/kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/htc-msm-2.6.32

Known problems with this version
    - video recording is not working with official HTC Camcorder due to lack of optical trackball (but u can try with free apps from market)
    - 3G Data connection MAY BE slow or not working properly due to incomplete data driver in kernel
    - GPS
    - problems with using HTC as USB drive in android (disabled for security reasons)
    - all other things should work ok

All other info is in Readme !!!

So please READ IT BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE !!!

If u have problems, or something is not working PLEASE SEARCH XDA FORUMS BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS!!!

This is still very early stage of Android on HD2 so don't expect miracles!

If u read all this and still want to download this ROM u can do it here :

DOWNLOAD