Seidio Surface case

Search This thread

Smitty9803

Oct 19, 2010
I have one and did a full review over on AF CLICK HERE.

Great review. I had the same case on my fascinate and the cutout around the power button made locking/unlocking the screen fairly difficult. I ended up sending it back and getting an active-x instead.

Do you have any issues accessing the power button or any of the the other ports?

If not, I may have to pick this one up. I'm running naked with no holster and it's driving me nuts! :eek:

kelmar13

Nov 30, 2009
SWFL
I have had no issues. However, to be fair, I've owned a Seidio case for my past 5 phones so I may just be used to it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

kkeller87

Feb 20, 2009
Rochester, MN

Thanks for the great review. I too have used a Seidio on my Hero and EVO. When mine came in the mail today I was worried about the new style. But like you said, seems to hold very well.

Question. Do you use a second battery? How often do you take the case off? I feel like im gonna break it when i do.

Edit

Question. Do you ever have trouble with the clip between the usb port and the volume buttons? Mine comes undone in my pocket EVERY time. This causes the bottom snaps to also come undone

Last edited:

kelmar13

Nov 30, 2009
SWFL
Question. Do you use a second battery? How often do you take the case off? I feel like im gonna break it when i do.

Negative, but I take it off pretty regularly to keep dust and dirty down (and odin new ROMs). I found our pops apart fairly simply when I start at the slot under the hdmi out.

Question. Do you ever have trouble with the clip between the usb port and the volume buttons? Mine comes undone in my pocket EVERY time. This causes the bottom snaps to also come undone

Yes, though not every time. Maybe once or twice a day... tops. I usually use the holster when I'm at work so I usually don't have the problem. Pushing left on the top piece (from the screen) will recreate the issue. More of an annoyance than a problem (didn't even notice it for a few weeks)!

kelmar13

Nov 30, 2009
SWFL
I've never owned a sedio case before, is it durable? it looks exactly like what i want but i feel like it might be kind of fragile. i've known people who owned cases with 2 snap-on pieces and they always break within 2 weeks of purchasing. maybe they just bought cheap ones?

They are definitely sturdy.

That being said, I find that the holster is what sells me on the product as it's extremely useful for me when I'm at work. Dollar for dollar, if you are looking for a similar case, Best Buy sells one that's almost identical. They'll even let you put it on the phone and try it before you purchase it.

Reactions: crusey

crusey

Aug 28, 2011
Bentonville

That being said, I find that the holster is what sells me on the product as it's extremely useful for me when I'm at work. Dollar for dollar, if you are looking for a similar case, Best Buy sells one that's almost identical. They'll even let you put it on the phone and try it before you purchase it.

That sounds good, i guess my friend bought a cheap one. the rubberized part of the corners started to peel off, then the clips snapped off about 2 weeks after he bought it. just from your review and the youtube review i saw, it did look significantly sturdier from what he had bought but i was just kind of paranoid after seeing his. :p
and on the case at best buy, i did like it but i was looking for a rubberized hardshell case, that was the only real flaw i saw with that one. which brings me to my next question, is this one sort of rubberized? i initially thought it was but now i'm starting to think otherwise lol

kelmar13

Nov 30, 2009
SWFL
and on the case at best buy, i did like it but i was looking for a rubberized hardshell case, that was the only real flaw i saw with that one. which brings me to my next question, is this one sort of rubberized? i initially thought it was but now i'm starting to think otherwise lol

The Rocket Fish BB case has the same feel as the Seidio. Both are plastic but the Seidio is a hair thicker and has their signature "soft touch" that, IMO, is a nicer feel.

Reactions: crusey

crusey

Aug 28, 2011
Bentonville
The Rocket Fish BB case has the same feel as the Seidio. Both are plastic but the Seidio is a hair thicker and has their signature "soft touch" that, IMO, is a nicer feel.

I'm kind of leaning towards the seidio, mostly because i don't like the best buy brand too much :p i'll probably head down to BB tomorrow and take a look at it again. i really appreciate the help and quick responses :)

kelmar13

Nov 30, 2009
SWFL
I'm kind of leaning towards the seidio, mostly because i don't like the best buy brand too much :p i'll probably head down to BB tomorrow and take a look at it again. i really appreciate the help and quick responses :)

No problem. Let me know if any other questions!

Swypo'ed from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

ellisz

Oct 10, 2010
Does Best Buy sell the holster as well? I really want to try the holster with my case mate case. If I have to, I will get a second case as well ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So has anyone bought this case yet for the Charge? I notice that they are shipping these now according to their website. There aren't really any good pictures though, just the one of the back of the case. I would like to see what it looks like on the phone and what the coverage is in the front.

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr2sscha-bl.htm

Thoughts?
    I've never owned a sedio case before, is it durable? it looks exactly like what i want but i feel like it might be kind of fragile. i've known people who owned cases with 2 snap-on pieces and they always break within 2 weeks of purchasing. maybe they just bought cheap ones?