[Firmwares]Official I9000/I9000M Firmwares collection [Latest: XWJWB, XWJW8, DDJVB]

Search This thread

bindo

Nov 7, 2010
Satara
I Flashed DDJV6 using ODin i notice some new message while doing this:
<ID:0/0 16> dbdata.rfs
<ID:0/0 16> modem.bin
<ID:0/0 16> Now Writing....Please wait for about 2 min...
<ID:0/0 16> Receive Response from LOKE
<ID:0/0 16> cache.rfs
<ID:0/0 16> RQT_COLSE !!
<ID:0/0 16> RES OK !!
<ID:0/0 16> Removed !!
<ID:0/0 16> Completed...
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed1/failed 0)

@Ramad what are the bold entries stand for?

Last edited:

$omator

Dec 26, 2010
tri(p) city
www.facebook.com
Is there any difference in ddjv6 and xxjvo?? Cause im on jvo,but experiencing battery drain problem sometimes,even when im not using any apps running in background n apps syncrnsed is off,it eats my battery about 20% in 2hours... and its kinda annoying...really troublesome when travelling... is this problem solved in ddjv6?? someone please help...thanks!

yes send your phone to service center they will properly reflash your phone and it will work ok
but still any change made by you (root, theme, rom, mod) could trigger the drain again

ilmanelis

May 21, 2011
$omator
Thanks for ur feedback!! I'll try find some times to go to customer service.. im just a regular user,not rooting my phone.. just normal flash using odin to jvo..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

nadram

Nov 15, 2010
First off, many thanks for that great collection and walkthrough

Now I have a question:
I'm planning on flashing JVO, through Odin with no repartition
I'm running GB 2.3.3 XXJVK on my SGS GTi9000 but my phone is already rooted, I have CWM and Superuser installed

Is this going to cause any problems when I flash the JVO?

Vanto

All the firmwares are re-packaged as 3-files firmware so you can flash with or without re-partition, there is no 1 file firmware in the first post and will never be. :)

All the firmwares in the first post are stock and not deodexed, if you want to flash the deodexed firmware then please wait for the deodexed version which will be posted today or tomorrow.

The latest bootloaders are all good, there have been 0 bricks so far, and by comparing the downloads numbers then I can see that our members prefer to flash the firmwares that includes bootloaders so I have only uploaded the firmwares that included bootloaders based on the downloads numbers.

Edit: Regarding what samfirmware write about flashing then I can only say that they don't know much about what they write. You only need to use re-partition if you have to, to make it short:

* Don't use pit and re-partition when flashing 1-file firmware.
* You don't need pit or re-partition when flashing a 3-file firmware.

You're reading my/our mind ;) R(OP)
I was about to ask the very same things you described
Thanx a bunch man :)

karanits

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
I just upgraded my phone with jv6 from the OP. I had rooted my phone when i was on froyo. Now I see 'root@' and some text in my kernel info in about phone. does that mean my phone is still rooted?

when i type su in terminal ...it says su not found

now how to flash the real stock version?

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
i think thats carier specific

cache.rfs/sec_csc.zip/system/app/be.proximus.android.datausage.apk

proximus -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximus

I too think that it is a provider firmware, I might make a provider firmware section, let's see. :)

First off, many thanks for that great collection and walkthrough

Now I have a question:
I'm planning on flashing JVO, through Odin with no repartition
I'm running GB 2.3.3 XXJVK on my SGS GTi9000 but my phone is already rooted, I have CWM and Superuser installed

Is this going to cause any problems when I flash the JVO?

You loose root every time you flash a stock firmware, you need to root again.

You're reading my/our mind ;) R(OP)
I was about to ask the very same things you described
Thanx a bunch man :)

Glad that I could help.

I just upgraded my phone with jv6 from the OP. I had rooted my phone when i was on froyo. Now I see 'root@' and some text in my kernel info in about phone. does that mean my phone is still rooted?

when i type su in terminal ...it says su not found

now how to flash the real stock version?

Every time you flash a stock firmware then you will loose root, to root GB firmwares follow the steps here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011901

Last edited:
Reactions: nadram

karanits

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
[Ramad] thanks, you cleared a lot of things for me! so I can say that I dont have root.

but it bugs me to see root 'root@' text in kernel version in about phone. is that for all kernels including stock and it in not related to phone being rooted or not?

Just asking out of curiosity..

Last edited:

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
[Ramad] thanks, you cleared a lot of things for me! so I can say that I dont have root.

but it bugs me to see root 'root@' text in kernel version in about phone. is that for all kernels including stock and it in not related to phone being rooted or not?

Just asking out of curiosity..

The 'root@....' is related to the computer that Samsung employees have used to compile the Kernel, it should be read as:

root : user name
DELLXXX or whatever: Computer name

You would know that if you have used Linux and the command console.

#X: this is the compilation try number, i.e. #2 means that the Kernel you are using has been compiled 2 times and the second one is released.

vassagoxda

Nov 14, 2010
Ramad, thanks for the new firmwares, I've a little confused with JV6, I've read topics about DDJV6 and UBJV6, what's the difference?

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Ramad, thanks for the new firmwares, I've a little confused with JV6, I've read topics about DDJV6 and UBJV6, what's the difference?

DDJV6 is for India which have the International I9000
UBJV6 is for Latin-American devices I9000T

This thread is not for I9000T or I9000B devices but for the International I9000.

gaurav16_81

Jan 14, 2011

$omator

Dec 26, 2010
tri(p) city
www.facebook.com
for %#&)( sake how many time do i have to tell it - i will have to make an template for that soon =)
whole post you mention is based on data that was gathered on NEXUS ONE and as said later in google code issue tracker forums by a google emplyee WAS NOT confirmed on any other device - furthermore this uart_clk and so on quotation is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND in i9000 battery_drainers_logs

ive got some logs from one guy that suffers the drain - and ive found %&)@load of such
06-01 20:26:23.041 1588 1588 D FastDormancy: before ======= ENTER DORMANCY =======
06-01 20:26:23.041 1588 1588 D FastDormancy: [FD] ON default: true
06-01 20:26:23.041 1588 1588 D FastDormancy: Before mDormFlag: true in getCapaDormancy()

thats said (on sgs2 forums) to cause high Android OS usage

and here is possible fix for this issue -> Fast Dormancy - Android OS - possible fix?

sanjg2k1

Oct 6, 2008
Shame that Indian Version of Gingerbread that doesn't support Hindi.

I have Samsung Galaxy S. I have installed DDJV6 using Kies over JP6. But I am feeling absolutely cheated by Samsung as this so called 'Indian Release' does not support any Hindi or Indic fonts. I am talking about reading Hindi text. As far as text input is concerned, Hindi is not even shown as a data input language. Shame on Samsung that it cannot use the inherent features of Gingerbread! There were a lot of tall claims that Gingerbread would support 52 languages (both for reading and writing) and here is this Samsung that it can't even render Indic reading capabilities in Galaxy S based on Android 2.3.3.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
I have Samsung Galaxy S. I have installed DDJV6 using Kies over JP6. But I am feeling absolutely cheated by Samsung as this so called 'Indian Release' does not support any Hindi or Indic fonts. I am talking about reading Hindi text. As far as text input is concerned, Hindi is not even shown as a data input language. Shame on Samsung that it cannot use the inherent features of Gingerbread! There were a lot of tall claims that Gingerbread would support 52 languages (both for reading and writing) and here is this Samsung that it can't even render Indic reading capabilities in Galaxy S based on Android 2.3.3.

I was surprised too that it was an English firmware that was released as Indian, you Indian Galaxy S users should ask questions, send e-mails and talk load to Samsung, otherwise nothing will change.

Top Liked Posts