• Video playback

Votes: 237 80.3%
  • Panorama

Votes: 58 19.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread
S

s3l3ct4

Unicorns are lovely, this is AOKP afterall. They're like land-narwhals and not so childish when you have a unicorn horn protruding from your chest :) I would suggest however, adding the stock ICS wallpapers if possible.

btw, is anyone else's screen really sensitive on this ROM? I find myself having to clean the screen constantly as I get ghost keys. I switched back to Gingerbread just to test, and it was fine, strange no? or time to clean the old slide rails again with switch cleaner?

Last edited:
D

DennisDroid

btw, is anyone else's screen really sensitive on this ROM? I find myself having to clean the screen constantly as I get ghost keys. I switched back to Gingerbread just to test, and it was fine, strange no? or time to clean the old slide rails again with switch cleaner?

I have no problems with my screen on this build, it is working all perfect :)
i have found my new daily driver and battery drain is also good =)

S

s3l3ct4

Flashed back to Keiran's Kernal, full wipe and flashed AOKP... all seems fine now. One more thing, if you press the power button, and you choose reboot, and then in the second menu you select the reboot option, it goes to recovery, if you choose the recovery option, it freezes. If you choose the bootloader option, it takes you to recovery.

Last edited:

fma16

May 6, 2012
Marseille
Flashed back to Keiran's Kernal, full wipe and flashed AOKP... all seems fine now. One more thing, if you press the power button, and you choose reboot, and then in the second menu you select the reboot option, it goes to recovery, if you choose the recovery option, it freezes. If you choose the bootloader option, it takes you to recovery.
Noticed that the Recovery option makes freeze the phone too. Didn't tested others options.

Also, a very very minor "bug" : I noticed that the tiny sound that makes the phone when you lock it plays only 1 second or 2 after you lock it. Am I the only one who have this "problem"?

S

s3l3ct4

I'm also having a 1-2 second delay on the lockscreen sound, but minor problem I agree. Does anyone know what is needed to get the camcorder working?

Supervenom

Feb 10, 2012
I'm also having a 1-2 second delay on the lockscreen sound, but minor problem I agree. Does anyone know what is needed to get the camcorder working?

Delay is to emulate iPhone lockscreen sound which is delayed.

To have camcoder working you need working HD decoder and encoder.

I have posted a hotfix which brings Data, 2G and AP toggles! Flash in recovery.

Reactions: NeWCuLTKiNG
D

DennisDroid

@Supervenom: How long would you need to get video recording/playback working? Panoram is not important for me, only video things ;)

One Image can more say than 1000 worlds.. enjoy aokp rom it is the best rom atm for play *_______*

Screenshot_2012-05-07-21-31-58.jpg

Last edited:

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
Just flashed this rom, liking it a lot so far. This is a very smooth rom. Gonna try as my daily driver :)

fma16

May 6, 2012
Marseille
Access Point toggles

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Lol Swagger toggle

Lol thanks

Send from my AOKP Xperia Play using XDA

Edit:
Also, I noticed few bugs, doesn't know if it's related to the rom but here I am :
oYVqd.png
(impossible to install on the USB memory nor the SD Card)
SbCsd.png
(Package file is incorrect)
Am I the only one to get these errors?

Last edited:
S

s3l3ct4

tested again just now... works. try backup everything on your SD card, format it in android, try again. Did you do a proper data and cache clear and also dalvik cache clear?

fma16

May 6, 2012
Marseille
Gonna do the SD formatting. Gonna take a while XD How can I format my SD Card in Android? Witch format?

Don't remember exactly if I wipe all theses caches, but can I do it without loosing all my apps ans my parameters? :)

Thanks for your help :)

S

s3l3ct4

backup your apps with Titanium Backup(free on market) don't backup the system settings though, that just causes problems, use Go Backup(also free on market) to backup call log, messages, contacts(you can do this with TB, but I've found that Go Backup works better for that). If you go to Settings > Storage and then tap on Erase SD card, it will format it.

fma16

May 6, 2012
Marseille
I choose the barbarian method :D
Copy all on the computer, format via the recovery, wipe cache/dalvik, copy all on the SD Card.
And it worked! Thanks! :D

Supervenom

Feb 10, 2012
I have added to my profile the "Donate to me" button. If someone wants to support me, now is able to.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Hi.

I have problems with video streaming, like youtube and polish app "ipla" to watch tv and videostreams...
Its never playing a video...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you like my work, hit thanks and consider Donating me!

Hi all! This is my first work. I'm very very very noob and maybe this project is too hard for me!

I have compiled AOKP from source with CM9 Device and Vendor trees.

Thanks to cj360 we now have also a CDMA Fix: Download here

Tested games: look at this post.

ChangeLog:

Code:
    [B]Alpha 0:[/B]

- Initial release

[B]Beta 0:[/B]

- Chaged build.prop to make the ROM work
    - Added new Adreno drivers
    - Added some system apps

[B]Beta 1:[/B]

- Working Data
    - WiFi indicator fix included

[B]Beta 2:[/B]

- Stability fixes
    - Enabled USB mass storage
    - Synced with latest AOKP repos

[B]Beta 2.1:[/B]

- Working video playback
    - Some battery fixes

[B]Beta 2.2:[/B]

- Framework fixes (more stability)

[B]Beta 2.3:[/B]

- Updated to Build 32

[B]Beta 2.3b:[/B]

- ROM is now DooMKernel ready! (No modules required)
    - ADB persistent

[B]RC 0.1[/B]

- Fixed Panorama
    - New build.prop tweaks
    - Updated to Build 34

[B]RC 1[/B]

- Updated to Milestone 5
    - Something else

[B]RC 1.1[/B]

- Updated to Build 35

[B]RC 1.2[/B]

- Updated to Build 36

[B]RC 1.3[/B]

- Updated to Build 37
    - Added Apollo music player

[B]RC 2[/B]

- Updated to Build 38
    - I'm testing...

[B]RC 3[/B]                           [B]RC 3 Linaro[/B]

- Updated to Build 39          - Like normal but compiled with Linaro toolchain
    - All FXP changes              - WiFi moduled added
                                   - Don't forget to flash Audio fix!

[B]RC 3.1[/B] 

- Updated to Build 40
    - All FXP changes

[B]RC 4[/B] 

- Updated to Milestone 6
    - All FXP changes

What works:

- Boots
    - Camera
    - Root
    - Orientation
    - Touchscreeen
    - Sound
    - Wi-Fi
    - USB Debug
    - GSM
    - GPS
    - Front Camera
    - Data
    - Gamepad
    - Bluetooth
    - USB Mass storage
    - Touchpads
    - Video playback
    - Video recording

What does not work:

- Maybe Bluetooth

Screenshots:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110223.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110403.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110259.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21691972/device-2012-04-05-110325.png

Instructions: Here more detailed.

- Flash Kernel "fastboot flash boot boot.img".
    - In recovery wipe data and cache.
    - In recovery flash the ROM.
    - Reboot.
    - In recovery flash Gapps and reboot.

Download:

ROM & Kernel

Milestone 6

Google Apps:

Latest Gapps

Audio Fix: (for Linaro RC 3)

Audio Fix

Sources:

My sources

Credits:

Doomlord for his apport to Play's kernel development.
    KeiranFTW for his Kernel and fundamental help.
    CyanogenMod/Freexperia Team for sources.
    AOKP Team for the beautiful ROM.
    FreeXperia Team for Kernel and source.
    chevyowner for his help at the beginning.
    pricey2009 for his help about Data.
    zeppelinrox for his awesome Supercharger.
    cj360 for his CDMA fix.
    Linaro Team for their toolchain
    wedgess for his CWM fixes
    And you all should consider clicking thanks to the dev, he did all this with little support, for a rom that we are lucky to have :)

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2

Hardly anybody clicks thanks anymore, my ROM has been downloaded over 9,000 times but nowhere near that number bothers to click the little button.. can't imagine how many have downloaded Darkforest ICS!
    A bit of a depressing tale for devs but hey we live with it don't we?

Anyway, fantastic work supervenom!

It's a great ROM and is coming along very, very nicely :)
    http://icxperia.com/keiran/newboot.img

New kernel for CM9/AOKP.

Based on new Sony sources.

Deep sleep is fixed, and so is video decoding :)

Enjoy, watch videos and have deep sleep

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2
    O word sorry read somewhere that ext3 was the way to go because of performance. O well I will switch that up. Wanna save this class 10 32gb sd. Thanks Dan

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

This is true, ext3 performs better than ext2 - but only because of journaling. In the case of flash-based storage like the microSD, it's actually bad.

"ext2 is still the filesystem of choice for flash-based storage media (such as SD cards, and USB flash drives), since its lack of a journal minimizes the number of writes, and flash devices have a limited number of write cycles."

The main reason journaling provides performance benefits is because it reduces the need to seek and can help make up for filesystem fragmentation, but both these factors are not a problem for flash storage because there is a near-zero seek time.

ext4 is the same case. It will have better performance but not so for flash-based storage. There are more features that ext3 and 4 have over 2, but they are all practically useless for Android (and embedded Linux) and will result in slightly higher memory and CPU overhead. On our device with only 512MB of RAM, keeping memory usage down is essential!

BTW, even if you have an ext3/4 filesystem, you should be able to chose "ext2" in Link2SD and it will mount it in ext2 backwards-compatibility mode. This is OK and has the same effect, there's no real need to reformat it as ext2 (unless it still doesn't work of course).

From what I know, ext3 and 4 should have journaling disabled in the kernel level (otherwise your microSD will not last). However, ext3/4 tend to be corrupted easier when journaling is turned off because it depends on it's journaling feature for recovery.

I used to use ext3 myself, but I would occassionally get FC's from e.g. games that were linked to the card. I discovered that the filesystem kept getting corrupted. Since I switched to ext2 (a long time ago), I noticed better performance (maybe because of the errors, maybe because of less overhead) and never had any filesystem problems since.

In summary - ext3/4 might provide a negligible performance boost over ext2, but probably not because it's performance benefit is designed to make up for mechanical harddisk with seeking delays - not a problem for flash storage. And only when journaling is enabled. And journaling will trash the microsd very quickly.

Also, write speed on ext2 filesystems is always faster than ext3 and 4 (sequential write - but again, since Flash storage has a near-zero seek time, random-write is nearly the same speed).

Thank you for reading :)