[UPDATE][•KERNEL•UNIVERSAL]TITANIUM KERNEL • Battery • CIFS/TUN • OC/UV • Lots More!

Search This thread

txitxo0

Nov 26, 2011
Madrid
He estimates it is stable. He is doing a free contribution. I DO think that this is a stable kernel. You could compile yours and we would see if it is better or not. U are unpolite and rude. If u dont like flash another kernel but just shut up

Enviado desde mi GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk

In fact, don't every chipset are equals... Some micros can work very fast but not all... It is not a fault from adi_pat
It's a factory property

@adi_pat also I can't test this kernel, cozwhen i've flashed it, it's come to booloop... i tried with universal kernel...

Last edited:

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
ah i am the unpolite?? the creator of the rom writes WRONG things such as "1.35 GHz FULLY STABLE" and i am the unpolite??

if u dont like kernel then simple option is just dont use it. There are other kernel also which will satisfy ur needs. But dont blame developer. This kernel has worked nearly on 95% devices but still it doesnt boot my phone. But I never blamed developer. You can just report ur results. But dont expect quick fixes like u are paying to developer.

Reactions: txitxo0

marcbra

Oct 16, 2010
i don't expect anything! others developers that have developed kernel at 1.35 GHz wrote something like "test" or "it isn't stable on all the phones", i tried it and it didn't work on my phone. seeing "FULLY STABLE" i thought that this developer found a fix for that issue and so i, sure that it should work, installed it losing about 2 hours (downloading dkp3, titanium rom, titanium kernel). Why didn't he write the same thing that the other developers wrote??

varunthapliyal999

Aug 8, 2010
Dehradun
i don't expect anything! others developers that have developed kernel at 1.35 GHz wrote something like "test" or "it isn't stable on all the phones", i tried it and it didn't work on my phone. seeing "FULLY STABLE" i thought that this developer found a fix for that issue and so i, sure that it should work, installed it losing about 2 hours (downloading dkp3, titanium rom, titanium kernel). Why didn't he write the same thing that the other developers wrote??

U still dont understand. :p
There is no fix for this.All phones cannot be overclocked to 1.35ghz.It works on some phones and doesnt work on another.Its the limitation of "YOUR" phone.Not the developers prob.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA

Reactions: shriom_manerker

marcbra

Oct 16, 2010
U still dont understand. :p
There is no fix for this.All phones cannot be overclocked to 1.35ghz.It works on some phones and doesnt work on another.Its the limitation of "YOUR" phone.Not the developers prob.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA

i know!!! and so, why did the developer write "FULLY STABLE"??

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
i know!!! and so, why did the developer write "FULLY STABLE"??

Becaus he is a FREE DEVELOPER and he can have errors or say uncopletely true things. He didnt want to lie us, he is just sharing his work to everybody. Say thanks, say it doesnt boot in ur phone and no more

Adi_Pat

Dec 19, 2011
Mumbai
pointless arguing with you...:rolleyes:
Id rather not make any more OT posts...

@marcabra

If you think I didn't release any test kernels at 1.35Ghz you can check my ROM thread where many people tested the kernel(40-50 downloads) nobody reported the issue + It is working perfect for me.

PS: If you do not like my work please do not go around and pollute my thread. Its a sincere request. I am workimg on a kernel which is restricted to 1.2Ghz and also on a Non OC Kernel. I cannot come up with fixes immediately. Taking the feedback I got from previous posts, where the kernel was downloaded 40-50times and nobody reported the reboot issue, also it worked fine for me I confirmed that its stable.

I still havent forgot vishal's request I am working on it. The machine that I am working on at present has sort of crappy hardware and takes some time to compile the kernel.

Sorry for Off topic, and sorry for disappointing but I am really trying my best to fix things up and make a bug-free kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Last edited:

Adi_Pat

Dec 19, 2011
Mumbai
It may look stupid but like how we OC frequency will it be possible to OC ram???

LOl no! RAM is memory.. And by using a different memory allocator sometimes you can get more RAM.. On SL only the default one works.. Rest will get u stuck at boot screen. My friend used SLUB mem allocator on his htc explorer and he got 10mb more ram.. Blame samsung for these sources that suck.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Adi_Pat

Dec 19, 2011
Mumbai
By evening I will post new kernel fixes.. please test them.. Also I will post a NON-OC KErnel for those who do not want to overclock and want good battery.

Removed 1.35Ghz and 1.3Ghz (OPP6 & OPP7) for people who were having problems with the 1.35Ghz kernel.

So by evening,
I will release-
1) A non-OC Kernel (Universal and DDKP3)
2) Kernel with max freq only 1.2Ghz (Universal and DDKP3)
3) Another kernel with 1.35Ghz for people who were not having problems with it.. (Universal & DDKP3)

EDIT: Any demands ? I guess the new kernels wont have any issue with MP4 playback (Which is the only bug) and since I removed 1.35Ghz there shouldn't be any stability issues either. Keep testing and thanks everyone for your feedback.

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
Wow...superb buddy. Adi just one more thing. Can u add 120 mhz lowest frequency also?? Also I tried to find alot on xda but nowhere I found a device with opam3 with having modified kernel for usb otg. I will let u know if i get something related to it. I have everything with me ready i.e. usb otg cable etc. Whenever u feel comfertable plz work on it.
Sorry I am demanding lots of things from u :)

edit: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1450298

Last edited:

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
Wow...superb buddy. Adi just one more thing. Can u add 120 mhz lowest frequency also?? Also I tried to find alot on xda but nowhere I found a device with opam3 with having modified kernel for usb otg. I will let u know if i get something related to it. I have everything with me ready i.e. usb otg cable etc. Whenever u feel comfertable plz work on it.

Ya! 120 mhz frecuency is great for users who want battery life. When the phone uses 120 mhz step, u get very good battery results!!

Thank u for your work adi_pat. This evening will test ur kernel and if it gives good battery life, will add to my ROM. :)

Reactions: vincent7woo

raj.amalw

May 16, 2011
Chennai
Last edited:

Adi_Pat

Dec 19, 2011
Mumbai

edit: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
No problem, this work is for the community! So of course people have a right to demand things ;) Just I am not too free at the moment.. I'll try to fix up all bugs first!

Kernel with Overclock Limited upto 1.2Ghz (DDKP3) [Universal one coming up shortly]

http://www.mediafire.com/?akeowiozsvpaoau

People who had problems with 1.35Ghz please test it..

Its the same kernel with OPP6 and OPP7 removed.

And Kernel with 101Mhz at OPP1 , thats coming in future releases!

luiseteyo

Oct 24, 2011
Madrid
No problem, this work is for the community! So of course people have a right to demand things ;) Just I am not too free at the moment.. I'll try to fix up all bugs first!

Kernel with Overclock Limited upto 1.2Ghz (DDKP3) [Universal one coming up shortly]

http://www.mediafire.com/?akeowiozsvpaoau

People who had problems with 1.35Ghz please test it..

Its the same kernel with OPP6 and OPP7 removed.

And Kernel with 101Mhz at OPP1 , thats coming in future releases!

Wow!!! 101Mhz frecuency? That would be great. Will that be stable enough? If u added that to a non-oc universal, would be a perfect kernel for my rom hehehe

Reactions: vincent7woo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

★ ★Hello guys, I am back with new Kernels! ★ ★

★ FAster/Sleeker and better than my previous builds- ★

★ First of all-

★ MY Sources are based on XDA_BAMs sources!

★ Thanks to him for letting me use it!

READ THIS FIRST-

Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
    and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FEATURES-​

1] Disabled some unnecessary stuff

2] I/O Patches and Tweaks to improve I/O

3] Stochastic Fair Blue Net Scheduler

4] Used many Makefile Optimizations with Linaro 4.6.3

5] Cleancache driver

6] EXT23 mounted as EXT4 (faster and better!)

7] Overclock upto 1.2Ghz w/ Undervolting of stock freq

8] JHash Bumped to V3

9] XZ Compression (Speeds up boot time)

10] GOVERNERS: Conservative/Ondemand/Smartass2/Performance (Less Governers, lesser bloat)

11] IO SCHEDULERS: Sio/Noop

12] Boot freq resticted to 1Ghz (dalingarin)

13] VM_MAX_READAHEAD set to 1024

14] Many small patches/improvements!

15] CFS and VM Ratios Tweaked for best battery + Performance

LOTS! Coming up soon! Stay tuned :D
    Have a look at my github for detailed info about changes!

Ok so here is something you guys can play around with-

My Pre-Release just thought of giving you guys to test before I release it!

Features-

WILL WORK ON EVERY STOCK FIRMWARE ON THIS PLANET COMPATIBLE WITH GALAXY SL I9003. SO DONT ASK WILL IT WORK ON X FIRMWARE OR Y FIRMWARE. IF YOU FACE ANY BUG, DO A CLEAN FLASH AND CHECK IF THE BUG IS STILL THERE. IF IT STILL EXISTS POST A LOGCAT AND DMESG LOG.

COMPILED WITH LINARO GCC 4.7.2 (Needed some dirty hacks to make it work, but I found the Kernel a bit more snappier with this toolchain)
    Loads and loads of Samsung Code cleanup up
    50% Warnings fixed, fixed 4 section Mismatches (Both for stability purposes, Section Mismatches are dangerous)
    Most drivers except (vibetonz and scsi_wait_scan) are built into the kernel.
    TUN/TAP Driver Built in
    Clockwork Mod Recovery 6.0.15 (Latest!)
    Busybox,adb,and all other Binaries updated.
    SuperSU Instead of the normal Superuser.
    No SYNC Bug, also no Home button issues.
    XZ Kernel Compression, LZMA Ramdisk Compression (--size)
    Makefile Optimizations and Optimized compile flags for gcc 4.7.
    Reduced CPU Transition Latency
    No Overclock for now, All stock CPU Freqs Undervolted for better Battery.
    Stripped off loads of Debug for a lighter + faster Kernel.
    Stock Governers and I/O Schedulers, I will update them later..

I plan to evolve this project into a seriously decent Kernel for GB.
    So flash this pre-release and let me know.

FINALLY: DOWNLOAD LINK

Well, I know this thread is pretty old now, but I decided to work a bit on GB Again ;)

A complete rebase. Modded from scratch.

Thought about updating the Kernel, will post changelogs when I get the time!

Lots of stuff planned. Will update OP soon.

Some of the new stuff I have done-

1) Kernel will work on any damn ****ing firmware samsung released ;) Universal, and WILL NEVER BREAK Wifi
    2) Just 4.5MB in size.
    3) Latest busybox and adbd binary compiled from updated CM Sources
    4) TWRP Recovery
    5) I have fixed hell load of samsung crap in the Kernel including warnings,

FIXED Section Mismatches which could cause potential and dangerous bugs! Also fixes for stability.

6) Some custom scripting in my own ramdisk.
    7) Opensource J4FS , which needs a few fixes to work properly
    8) Most of the drivers are built in, I plan to maintain this Kernel for CM as well.

Lots lots more stuff :)

Some news.. Still not released the Kernel, waiting for the right time :)

I fixed all 14 Section Mismatches in the Source, and it has lead to a wee bit improvement in performance also imrprovement in boot time. :D

Section Mismatches can cause potential issues/problems but now thats all fixed up..

Working on some more mods now, will release the kernel soon! :D