[BOOTSCREEN] [08/26/2010] Android peeing on Apple and smashing it with a baseball bat

• Thread starter Deleted member 2500726
  • Start date
Search This thread

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008
K, if you want it to work on VillainRom10 you gotta do some real weird things..
in
Code:
system/customize/resource/
is a .zip file which contains the SECOND animation, it's called
Code:
bootanimation.zip
(bootanimation.zip is attached)
only the weird thing is, that it isn't a .gif file, but they are all different .png files :confused:

i haven't found out yet where the first bootanimation is saved..

i hope i helped ;-)

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    568.2 KB · Views: 154
D

Deleted member 2500726

K, if you want it to work on VillainRom10 you gotta do some real weird things..
in
Code:
system/customize/resource/
is a .zip file which contains the SECOND animation, it's called
Code:
bootanimation.zip
(bootanimation.zip is attached)
only the weird thing is, that it isn't a .gif file, but they are all different .png files :confused:

i haven't found out yet where the first bootanimation is saved..

i hope i helped ;-)

Yeah i know i just made another boot screen with that system that i haven't released i'll probably convert this later:)

Hanness

May 12, 2010
Just flash the zip again, now with the newer version ?
EDIT: Flashed it, and it still doesn't work :( (must have something to do with the 'new' bootscreen on chronos 1.5)
Too bad..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2500726

Just flash the zip again, now with the newer version ?
EDIT: Flashed it, and it still doesn't work :( (must have something to do with the 'new' bootscreen on chronos 1.5)
Too bad..

Yeah can't get it working on Cronos either:/ It has a sick boot screen system... I don't get it...

Hanness

May 12, 2010
I can have it working on cronos droid np. Copy the bootanimation.zip from the main post(VillainRom) and put it in data/local/. Don't forget to remount system.

#su
#mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

Enjoy :cool:
Do i have to do this commands in adb ? I'm a real noob in that stuff :) And data/local/ is that on sd-card or the root off the phone. And if root, how do i copy it there ? Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 2500726

I can have it working on cronos droid np. Copy the bootanimation.zip from the main post(VillainRom) and put it in data/local/. Don't forget to remount system.

#su
#mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

Enjoy :cool:

Tried to put it there some time ago but it didn't work for me:/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2500726
    Credits to bernard_photography who initially made the animations and a version for the CDMA Hero

This should work for any device on any ROM

I have not tested the WVGA version since I don't have a Desire or Nexus (or something like that) so please tell me if it fits with the screen

Help me spread this awsome bootscreen: Post it on the theme section for your device!

First screen
    previewuh.gif

Second screen
    boot1.gif

Instructions:
    1. Boot your phone into recovery mode by holding the "home-" and "power" button
    2. Go to your backup menu and select "NANDROID BACKUP"
    3. Flash the .zip file that fits your resolution
    4. (If anything goes wrong) Go to your backup menu and select "NANDROID RESTORE"

If you would ever like to restore the original boot screen flash your ROM .zip on top of this but remember if you've made other changes to your ROM they will disappear (themes etc.)

HVGA: for devices like HTC Hero with the screen resolution 320 x 480

WVGA: for devices like Nexus One with the screen resolution 480 x 800
    The zip was flashable in older versions of clockworkmod recovery, but more likely you need to extract bootanimation.zip and move it to system/media using root explorer or a similar app, just move the old one somewhere safe in case something screws up
    Can someone make me a boot up animation of an Apple pissing dollars signs on the android bug?

How about a boot of me having a dump on you for being so blasphemous? :D

Sent from Iron man's Jellybean powered suit