[ROM][09/03/14] AlterNdromadus CM10.1 | Android 4.2.2 [STABLE]

Search This thread

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012

Compiled from the latest CyanogenMod and Andromadus CM10.1 sources with @Christopher83 's CortexA8 optimized toolchain

SOURCES (My GitHub)

Why this ROM? 4.2.2 is the fastest, smoothest, most stable Vision ROM, I want to keep it alive.

Features and Changelog
* Kernel
* Settings
* Frameworks Base
* Device HTC Vision
* See above GitHub links for changes, plus...
* Removed QuickSearchBox
* Choice of Launcher2 or Trebuchet
* More to come

Rules
* If you ask for an ETA, or anything that resembles one, I will report you immediately
* If you report a bug: logcat or it didn't happen
* If you request a feature, ask politely and with good English according to the forum rules (no txt speakz; I fully understand if English isn't your primary language however), and when at all possible provide a link to the commit(s) in which the feature is created
* Do not quote the OP

Instructions
* Wipe all partitions if coming from anything other than CM10.1
* Flash the ROM (from "Downloads" above)
* Flash my light 4.2.2 GApps (from "Downloads" above) (bare essentials + GMSCore and Keep) or any 4.2.2 GApps of your choosing (goo.im recommended)
* Reboot

Credits
* @Flinny for... duh
* @NeverGoneRU for... duh
* @demkantor for being the dictionary definitions of "helpful" and "awesome"
* @_MarcoMarinho_ for being a great help too
* @randomblame for the statusbar clock settings
* @kylon for his kernel work
* @bbedward for the ZEN scheduler
* Everyone who's helped me or whose work I've used

XDA:DevDB Information
AlterNdromadus CM10.1, ROM for the HTC Desire Z

Contributors
HTCDreamOn
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CM10.1

Version Information

Created 2014-11-29
Last Updated 2014-11-29

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-09-09-02-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-09-09-02-23.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 13,524
Last edited:

marcimix

Dec 31, 2009
Lodz
Mic not working here

Everything works beside the microphone at all. I still googling for this bug and I can't find anything of this issue

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/44705-desire-z-no-micspeech-after-rom-update/
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1707392
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/...in-710-and-the-20120226-nightly-on-my-device/

All sense roms with the newest ICS have functionality mic but not for CM higher than 7.0.3 stable or 7.1 RC1 version. Sorry for my english but I beg for help any.

it's totally weird because I use GRJ22 and there everything is working I mean the microphone too.

Reactions: HTCDreamOn

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
RE: [ROM][08/03/14] AlterNdromadus CM10.1 | Android 4.2.2 [STABLE]

Everything works beside the microphone at all. I still googling for this bug and I can't find anything of this issue......

That's odd, I'm sure I've used the microphone with my G2 before, and I've never used anything aside from CM9, 10, and Sense 4. I'll look into it, but in the meantime have you tried flashing a sense ROM then a CM ROM, because this is supposed to fix lights and vibration or something so maybe it's the same with the mic.

In the meantime have you noticed any improvements over the Andromadus CM10.1 due to the toolchain and kernel? I known the differences are limited at the moment, so if there are any features you can't live without then I can always have a shot at implementing it.

marcimix

Dec 31, 2009
Lodz
That's odd, I'm sure I've used the microphone with my G2 before, and I've never used anything aside from CM9, 10, and Sense 4. I'll look into it, but in the meantime have you tried flashing a sense ROM then a CM ROM, because this is supposed to fix lights and vibration or something so maybe it's the same with the mic.

In the meantime have you noticed any improvements over the Andromadus CM10.1 due to the toolchain and kernel? I known the differences are limited at the moment, so if there are any features you can't live without then I can always have a shot at implementing it.

yeah i trying flash the CM after Sense. No luck mate!

I used not to long this rom because mainly functionality is not working on every CM rom above 7.1 RC1. I think it is maybe wrong drivers leaning on that phone DZ series.
I even pushed the sound file from official rom there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2620708 but I got sometimes temporarily hang when I calling or I answering the call. This bug is appear on this time on every CM7.and ICS sense. So I use GRJ22 or Sense 2.3.3 If someone port the sounds libs from official I think I will get the mic. And that bug of calling can fix next time in the future if supposed to be
Thanks a lot!

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
Curious as to how this differs from NeverGone/RUs 10.1 ROM as they are both CM and Andromadus based? As NeverGone/RU changed his OP after switching the thread to 10.2/11, there's no means to compare the two.

Also, seeing as how you (OP) appear to have used NeverGone/RUs 10.1 ROM, I'm assuming you feel that this ROM is faster and/or more stable?

Edit: Also, would you mind posting an MD5/SHA just to be safe?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

abhi-xiaomi-1s

Dec 28, 2013
Kolkata
its work like a charm...i didnt found any bugs, awesome fast rom :D thnx..
but i was flash 4.2.2 AROMA installer Gaaps, and thats was not detect 4.2.2 ROM ! :(...
tell me a Gaaps for this ROM

Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Curious as to how this differs from NeverGone/RUs 10.1 ROM as they are both CM and Andromadus based? As NeverGone/RU changed his OP after switching the thread to 10.2/11, there's no means to compare the two.

Also, seeing as how you (OP) appear to have used NeverGone/RUs 10.1 ROM, I'm assuming you feel that this ROM is faster and/or more stable?

Edit: Also, would you mind posting an MD5/SHA just to be safe?

I admit it's very similar to NeverGone\RU's ROM at the moment; most changes are in the kernel. I have added some system features though, if you see my GitHub: I've moved the clear all recents button to the bottom left, and thanks to @randomblame you can now choose the position of the statusbar clock. Also I've compiled the whole thing with a custom toolchain. More features are to come, don't worry :) I'll keep it fairly close to the original Andromadus source though, but there might be quite a few visual changes and options. If there's any feature you absolutely must have, just PM me.

Here's an MD5 sum of the latest (20140309) ROM

Clock options: (See attached image)

its work like a charm...i didnt found any bugs, awesome fast rom :D thnx..
but i was flash 4.2.2 AROMA installer Gaaps, and thats was not detect 4.2.2 ROM ! :(...
tell me a Gaaps for this ROM

I've uploaded my own gapps package (see under "instructions" in the OP) but otherwise use the apps from goo.im.

TO EVERYONE: ROM is updated, now there's a statusbar clock option, and there's a slim gapps package if you fancy that. Downloads in usual place under "Instructions".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-09-09-02-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-09-09-02-23.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,562
Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
RE[ROM][09/03/14] AlterNdromadus CM10.1 | Android 4.2.2 [STABLE]

Is the Maps app works without bugs on this Stable Rom?

If it works on the Andromadus CM10.1 ROM then it works on this. If it doesn't, then it doesn't on this either, but I would've thought it should, provided you install the correct GApps.

Reactions: ttamirt

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
I admit it's very similar to NeverGone\RU's ROM at the moment; most changes are in the kernel. I have added some system features though, if you see my GitHub: I've moved the clear all recents button to the bottom left, and thanks to @randomblame you can now choose the position of the statusbar clock. Also I've compiled the whole thing with a custom toolchain. More features are to come, don't worry :) I'll keep it fairly close to the original Andromadus source though, but there might be quite a few visual changes and options. If there's any feature you absolutely must have, just PM me.

I guess my main concern is whether it is more stable, and faster than NeverGOne/RU's ROM; while added features are always nice, I've always been fine with the base CM as it's light weight compared to stock Android.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
I guess my main concern is whether it is more stable, and faster than NeverGOne/RU's ROM; while added features are always nice, I've always been fine with the base CM as it's light weight compared to stock Android.

Well with the custom tool chain and all the kernel improvements I expect it should be as fast if not faster, and there are no features which could actually decrease performance at the moment.

ivifly

Feb 7, 2011
Hi all
First, thank you verry much for this stable and good rom!

But one quetion, where is the option to allow debuging and researching thrugh UBS?
Cant find it....

And finnaly, i can stop the right off the apps, but i cant tell which right exactly?

Thank you for any answer in advaced !
Greetings ivi

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
I flashed this yesterday to try it out and ran into an issue that I'm assuming to be SU related.

During setup, after downloading all my apps, I went to copy my notification ringtone over to the system partition with SUFBS and, despite the app having root access, and despite the system partition being mounted R/W, the file wouldn't copy over. The app appeared to copy the file over but, after the transfer, the file wasn't shown.

Assuming there might be a rights issue, I cleared all root privileges from SU and went to update SU with ChainsDDs app, and it repeatedly failed to update SU despite having root access.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it sorted ... I didn't know that ChainsDDs superuser wasn't being maintained anymore and didn't work on 4.2.2.

Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Hi all
First, thank you verry much for this stable and good rom!

But one quetion, where is the option to allow debuging and researching thrugh UBS?
Cant find it....

And finnaly, i can stop the right off the apps, but i cant tell which right exactly?

Thank you for any answer in advaced !
Greetings ivi

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Go into Settings > About Phone > tap Build number until it says you're a developer, then go back and go into developer options, it's all there.

Also sorry but can you rephrase your second question, I don't quite understand?

mcsmart

Aug 8, 2011
Very nice, I'm definitely gonna try this one out soon. :good: Could you please provide checksums (MD5 and/or SHA1) for the download?

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Because I want your guys input, would anybody be interested in an option to change the status bar clock color? I have a build with it partially working right now: it is possible to change the colour, but you have to change the position of the clock and back again in order for the effect to actually occur, which is very annoying. However I'll only bother fixing this if you're actually interested in it. Otherwise there's no point, as my non existent java knowledge makes it very hard.

Are there any other features you want in the meantime? I might be able to implement active display if back porting the 4.3 notification api isn't too hard.

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
Adding wallpapers

After digging around XDA and Google, I can't seem to find my answer.

I'm wanting to add a wallpaper to this ROM (it's an old stock wallpaper that I like that get's cropped oddly when selecting it from the Gallery) but I can't seem to figure out where the CM Wallpapers are stored.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
After digging around XDA and Google, I can't seem to find my answer.

I'm wanting to add a wallpaper to this ROM (it's an old stock wallpaper that I like that get's cropped oddly when selecting it from the Gallery) but I can't seem to figure out where the CM Wallpapers are stored.

/system/app/CMWallpapers.apk :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Compiled from the latest CyanogenMod and Andromadus CM10.1 sources with @Christopher83 's CortexA8 optimized toolchain

SOURCES (My GitHub)

Why this ROM? 4.2.2 is the fastest, smoothest, most stable Vision ROM, I want to keep it alive.

Features and Changelog
    * Kernel
    * Settings
    * Frameworks Base
    * Device HTC Vision
    * See above GitHub links for changes, plus...
    * Removed QuickSearchBox
    * Choice of Launcher2 or Trebuchet
    * More to come

Rules
    * If you ask for an ETA, or anything that resembles one, I will report you immediately
    * If you report a bug: logcat or it didn't happen
    * If you request a feature, ask politely and with good English according to the forum rules (no txt speakz; I fully understand if English isn't your primary language however), and when at all possible provide a link to the commit(s) in which the feature is created
    * Do not quote the OP

Instructions
    * Wipe all partitions if coming from anything other than CM10.1
    * Flash the ROM (from "Downloads" above)
    * Flash my light 4.2.2 GApps (from "Downloads" above) (bare essentials + GMSCore and Keep) or any 4.2.2 GApps of your choosing (goo.im recommended)
    * Reboot

Credits
    * @Flinny for... duh
    * @NeverGoneRU for... duh
    * @demkantor for being the dictionary definitions of "helpful" and "awesome"
    * @_MarcoMarinho_ for being a great help too
    * @randomblame for the statusbar clock settings
    * @kylon for his kernel work
    * @bbedward for the ZEN scheduler
    * Everyone who's helped me or whose work I've used

XDA:DevDB Information
    AlterNdromadus CM10.1, ROM for the HTC Desire Z

Contributors
    HTCDreamOn
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CM10.1

Version Information

Created 2014-11-29
    Last Updated 2014-11-29
    Thanks everyone for discussing and contributing but I'm really sorry for the lack of support, I've got exams in a few weeks so am spending as much time away from XDA as possible. Hopefully in the summer I'll find some time to get some interesting features in, I know the first release wasn't that exciting so I've got some ideas but just hang on in there if you were expecting anything new any time soon.
    Thank you very much for the kind donation from @thohoff even though I'm not developing this anymore, evidently people are still enjoying it as it stands :eek: it's given me some motivation to think about a new Desire Z project in fact as my lost one turned up out of the blue a while ago. I'm not sure I have the computing power to make any KitKat ROMs or even begin to try Lollipop unfortunately, and I don't know how keen people are on custom kernels. I'm quite happy with the ones I've released already to be honest. Any suggestions if anyone's still around these parts?
    I know this post relates to applications and themes thread.
    But still I would like to post for those who might want to try this awesome rom with extra flavour, because i got some couple of PMs.

If OP or Moderators have any objections for anything, I completely welcome their point and would delete this post instantly.
    Please bear in mind these are not my work, im just forwarding the link.
    Please thank the actual Devs.

For walkman from Xperia Z1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804520

For Galaxy S4 launcher
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2236937

For Odexer
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527268

And the theme TouchWiz 5.0 can be downloaded from Playstore.

Have fun with you fancy DZ/G2.

Thanks...
    I usually have enough free ram. I am even running galaxy S4 theme.
    But since this is CM ROM, you obviously will notice higher usage of ram compared to AOSP. Don't worry with each passing day, everything will subside.
    Instead this ROM is capable of running higher games too, like Dead trigger.

Just give it some time.
    I usually had 100-115mb free ram.
    But with this mod, I'm actually getting higher free rams. Seems like better ram usage is optimized.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2360670

Just check it out.

Thanks...