[Q] How do I upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.3 ?

Search This thread

mareko1

Oct 31, 2011
PL
Hi there,

I need to upgrade my S4 to android 4.3 because I want to use Polar H7 bluetooth heart rate sensor.
I'm happy with 4.2.2 and would have never chagned if not for this sensor. It works only with 4.3 or better.

My question is. Can I upgrade to any 4.3 rom without doing the full wipe (have many apps and backing them up will take ages)
Can I upgrade to any 4.3 and not lose Glonass system which I heard may get lost.

Thanks in advance.

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
Hi there,

I need to upgrade my S4 to android 4.3 because I want to use Polar H7 bluetooth heart rate sensor.
I'm happy with 4.2.2 and would have never chagned if not for this sensor. It works only with 4.3 or better.

My question is. Can I upgrade to any 4.3 rom without doing the full wipe (have many apps and backing them up will take ages)
Can I upgrade to any 4.3 and not lose Glonass system which I heard may get lost.

Thanks in advance.

1. Glonass problems are related with early (before NE5) KitKat 4.4.2 ROMs, not with 4.3 ones, so you shall be safe;
2. Although there are some ROMs which should not require full wipe, it is healthier. I made this many times, and after update I frequently had to wipe phone anyway because of many glitches in apps appearing after new system update.
3. you shall try with Odin, it is less likely that you will be forced to wipe
4. New "generation" of sys elimnates as well many of security holes, so I'd recommend you to consider update to 4.42

mareko1

Oct 31, 2011
PL
1. Glonass problems are related with early (before NE5) KitKat 4.4.2 ROMs, not with 4.3 ones, so you shall be safe;
2. Although there are some ROMs which should not require full wipe, it is healthier. I made this many times, and after update I frequently had to wipe phone anyway because of many glitches in apps appearing after new system update.
3. you shall try with Odin, it is less likely that you will be forced to wipe
4. New "generation" of sys elimnates as well many of security holes, so I'd recommend you to consider update to 4.42

I want a rom for my country (PL) which the latest as I know is 4.4.2 XEO-I9505XXUFNC4 (is it earlier than NE5 ?)
Or I heard a good 4.3 rom is I9505XXUEMK8 XEO

What do u think about these roms? Which one should I go for ?

Last edited: