[TOOL/LT15] [UPDATE 07/01/2013] Flashtool version 0.9.10.0 - Windows / Linux / Mac

Search This thread

DemonicHawk

Jul 16, 2010
Actually with the installer it is easier to publish updates of just some files without having to explain how to deploy them.
Whats wrong with installer ?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I understand that and nothing is wrong with it, but I was just suggesting that a "portable" version would be more convenient sometimes when you just need to quickly flash something.

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Can somebody please explain how to flash only recovery with FlashTool? I alredy use FlashTool for flashing ROMs and Kernels but how to flash only Recovery? I have the file recoveryARC.img and it is in right folder but do I use FlashMode or FastBoot mode and what option should I choose? In flashMode it doesnt even see my .img file... In FastBoot mode it sees it but with what option should I flash recovery.img??? If I flashed like I flash Kernel I cant turn on my phone...:(

Thanks in advance...:)

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Can somebody please explain how to flash only recovery with FlashTool? I alredy use FlashTool for flashing ROMs and Kernels but how to flash only Recovery? I have the file recoveryARC.img and it is in right folder but do I use FlashMode or FastBoot mode and what option should I choose? In flashMode it doesnt even see my .img file... In FastBoot mode it sees it but with what option should I flash recovery.img??? If I flashed like I flash Kernel I cant turn on my phone...:(

Thanks in advance...:)

hi the particular recovery.img u talking abt seems to be the hotboot version supplied by Bin4ry...

so u need to use FastBoot mode u need to "hotboot" the kernel

DO NOT FLASH THE KERNEL

only HOTBOOT it...

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
hi the particular recovery.img u talking abt seems to be the hotboot version supplied by Bin4ry...

so u need to use FastBoot mode u need to "hotboot" the kernel

DO NOT FLASH THE KERNEL

only HOTBOOT it...

So, does it means that I choose FastBoot mode and then chose option "Select kernel to HotBoot"? I tried that, but then my ARC cant switch on...:( The only way I managed to get a recovery in my ARC was by flashing DooM kernel which alredy have recovery implemented but all other methods with stock kernel didnt work...:( My ARC is rooted and also have unlocked Bootloader...:) Was I doing something wrong?

Thanks for helping me...:)

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
So, does it means that I choose FastBoot mode and then chose option "Select kernel to HotBoot"? I tried that, but then my ARC cant switch on...:( The only way I managed to get a recovery in my ARC was by flashing DooM kernel which alredy have recovery implemented but all other methods with stock kernel didnt work...:( My ARC is rooted and also have unlocked Bootloader...:) Was I doing something wrong?

Thanks for helping me...:)

Yes that's the way it has to be done...

Are u sure u are using the correct hotboot boot.img?

As for flashing stock kernel, u cannot hotboot kernel.sin files, u need to flash them... Just make sure that the filename is kernel.sin and it will be detected in flashtool for flashing via fastboot toolbox...

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Reactions: Ninolina

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Yes that's the way it has to be done...

Are u sure u are using the correct hotboot boot.img?

As for flashing stock kernel, u cannot hotboot kernel.sin files, u need to flash them... Just make sure that the filename is kernel.sin and it will be detected in flashtool for flashing via fastboot toolbox...

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Thanks for helping me...:) So, I tried again but no luck...:( This is what I did... I first Flashed Stock kernel in FlashMode as I have whole stock ROM in .ftf file so I choose to flash only kernel from that ROM... Then I turn on the phone and it started ok and About Phone say I have stock kernel but the wifi was dead... I think that flashing the file from DooM kernel tread with clockworkmod recovery will solve the problem but again I couldnt flash the recovery... Flashing the recovery went like this: I turn on the phone and connect it to the USB cable with holding the Menu button and went in to FastBoot Mode... Then I choose option "Select kernel to HotBoot" and choose the file recoveryARC.img and flashed it... The flashing went OK but I cant get into recovery so I guess the recovery is not in the phone...:( I tried it several times and every time is the same...:( I attached the .img file of recovery that I flashed so maybe you can tell me is that file OK? I put that file in C:\Flashtool\firmwares\recoveryARC.img

Thank you very much...:) I hope I am not too demanding...:(

Attachments

• recoveryARC.zip
    4 MB · Views: 563

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Thanks for helping me...:) So, I tried again but no luck...:( This is what I did... I first Flashed Stock kernel in FlashMode as I have whole stock ROM in .ftf file so I choose to flash only kernel from that ROM... Then I turn on the phone and it started ok and About Phone say I have stock kernel but the wifi was dead... I think that flashing the file from DooM kernel tread with clockworkmod recovery will solve the problem but again I couldnt flash the recovery... Flashing the recovery went like this: I turn on the phone and connect it to the USB cable with holding the Menu button and went in to FastBoot Mode... Then I choose option "Select kernel to HotBoot" and choose the file recoveryARC.img and flashed it... The flashing went OK but I cant get into recovery so I guess the recovery is not in the phone...:( I tried it several times and every time is the same...:( I attached the .img file of recovery that I flashed so maybe you can tell me is that file OK? I put that file in C:\Flashtool\firmwares\recoveryARC.img

Thank you very much...:) I hope I am not too demanding...:(

just hotboot my kernel and keep pressing BACK key when u see the LED turn BLUE

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
just hotboot my kernel and keep pressing BACK key when u see the LED turn BLUE

I am using your Kernel all the time and I know I can get back to your Kernel and thats what I do after these unsuccessful attempts but I wanted to try Stock Kernel and wanted to have ClockworkMod Recovery at the same time... I am fighting great battery drain so wanted to see if stock kernel can do any good for me...:)

So, is there a way to have Stock Kernel and Recovery at the same time?

I am so grateful for all your help, so thank you again...:)

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I am using your Kernel all the time and I know I can get back to your Kernel and thats what I do after these unsuccessful attempts but I wanted to try Stock Kernel and wanted to have ClockworkMod Recovery at the same time... I am fighting great battery drain so wanted to see if stock kernel can do any good for me...:)

So, is there a way to have Stock Kernel and Recovery at the same time?

I am so grateful for all your help, so thank you again...:)

check the threads in this section... there is recovery for locked bootloader... using the old X10 chargmon way ;)

Mr.Krypton

Mar 10, 2011
Home you fool !
phpd.in
Hey some bug is there,

My device is Xperia Arc (on Signature).... even USB debugging is switched ON, sometime it says ON, Sometimes switched OFF, therefore I need to restart the Flashtool to work again ?

NeoJeo

Sep 2, 2011
Dakar
Here is a test version, can you tell me if it works better ? if it still work ?

I don't have any fastboot capable device to test.

Flashtool update 0.5.2

it has to be installed over a 0.5.1 version
Hello, sorry for the delay.

Yes the 0.5.3 version works and closes fine. I will update my tutorials (other forum) with the new 0.5 version. So I'll be able to report some bugs with other devices... if there are bugs !

Au revoir :D

Last edited:

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Hey,

I've got a problem while flashing to my phone.
It says, USB Debugging is disabled, but it's enabled.

Can you help me?

Attachments

• flashtool_2011-12-08_04-05-42.log.txt
    3 KB · Views: 52

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Hi,
I'm in flash mode. Dunno what the device wants.

I think, I will try it later today at home. Work Computer seems to not want to help me out with this ;)

I want to flash the actual radio :(

Ah wait, it says LT15 and my device is an LT18i
Is that the problem?
I've downloaded the ROM, the only one I can find....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts