[Q] Need help about choosing phone...

Search This thread

zic1

Nov 9, 2011
Dear all,
I am about to renewing my contract with provider and I can choose between Sony Z1, Samsung S4 and LG G2 for same price...
I found cons for G2 - missing MicroSD card slot, and for S4 - missing FM Radio witch I am using often. I like that Z1 have waterproof housing since I am spending a lot of time in boat on the sea (fishing) so I can finally stop taking care if my hands are wet or similiar when I have to use phone in such conditions ...
Can someone tell some other pros and cons regarding custom ROM support on XDA for those 3 phones expecially for Z1. Right now my choice will be Z1 but I must decide within next few days (uh, I hate this quick decissions considering that in next two years I can not do nothing to change it)...
Thank you in advance!
Cheers

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
The info you need is literally In these pages, our opinions are simply that and most will be biased, as for the new phone you want, if it were me, I'd wait till March, there will be some new phones coming out and nothing kicks you more in the teeth than getting a shiny new phone and noticing someone else has an even shinier one.

The HTC m8, the z2 the galaxy s5 are all around the corner.

Other than them I'd still pick the z1 over the other two, the s4 is two generations old come march so there's no way I'd get that.

The g2 has its strong points though, and its weaknesses, but then so does the z1. Either way and having said all that, with phones of this calibre you can't really make a wrong decision they're all pretty good, even the s4.

But if it were me I'd wait, if you can't then its between the z1 and the note 3.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: zic1

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
I've used the note 2 kinda glitchy, amazing battery life then I went to the galaxy s4 which the bloatware and the million things you need to turn off just to get decent battery wasn't worth it, then I had the LG g2 amazing phone kinda of finicky screen didn't always register touches, amazing battery life but LG is notorious for not updating their phones, then I had the nexus 5 great phone ****ty battery life if your heavy user like me and finally I got my z1 love the phone viewing angles are crap but not the end of the world cause everything else works flawlessly. Pictures are great specially if you don't mind using manual which will give you better pictures if you play around with it a bit, using it underwater is great used that a lot in Mexico recently and thank god for every minute not worrying about my phone or camera being near the pool with my 3 year old.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: zic1

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
None of those devices are perfect, but they're still awesome(except the S4)

You could choose between the Z1 or the LG g2 both are awesome

I personally prefer the Z1 cause its only flaw are the Viewing angles which are pretty crappy, the G2 is fantastic but Lg tends to forget about the devices they release so they end up with almost no updates at all, not even bug fixes

and MOST important of it all, AVOID the S4 like the plague

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aegethir and zic1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    None of those devices are perfect, but they're still awesome(except the S4)

You could choose between the Z1 or the LG g2 both are awesome

I personally prefer the Z1 cause its only flaw are the Viewing angles which are pretty crappy, the G2 is fantastic but Lg tends to forget about the devices they release so they end up with almost no updates at all, not even bug fixes

and MOST important of it all, AVOID the S4 like the plague

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk
    The info you need is literally In these pages, our opinions are simply that and most will be biased, as for the new phone you want, if it were me, I'd wait till March, there will be some new phones coming out and nothing kicks you more in the teeth than getting a shiny new phone and noticing someone else has an even shinier one.

The HTC m8, the z2 the galaxy s5 are all around the corner.

Other than them I'd still pick the z1 over the other two, the s4 is two generations old come march so there's no way I'd get that.

The g2 has its strong points though, and its weaknesses, but then so does the z1. Either way and having said all that, with phones of this calibre you can't really make a wrong decision they're all pretty good, even the s4.

But if it were me I'd wait, if you can't then its between the z1 and the note 3.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I've used the note 2 kinda glitchy, amazing battery life then I went to the galaxy s4 which the bloatware and the million things you need to turn off just to get decent battery wasn't worth it, then I had the LG g2 amazing phone kinda of finicky screen didn't always register touches, amazing battery life but LG is notorious for not updating their phones, then I had the nexus 5 great phone ****ty battery life if your heavy user like me and finally I got my z1 love the phone viewing angles are crap but not the end of the world cause everything else works flawlessly. Pictures are great specially if you don't mind using manual which will give you better pictures if you play around with it a bit, using it underwater is great used that a lot in Mexico recently and thank god for every minute not worrying about my phone or camera being near the pool with my 3 year old.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app