[SOLVED] fastboot detects device but adb doesn't.

Search This thread

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
Ok...so here is my problem, my first time installing CyanogenMod, so I tried looking for tutorials, and conveniently CM has a wiki...
From there it kept saying that I MAYBE needed to flash boot.img
But it never specified when, or at which step I needed to do this, now I know.
Therefore I flashed it first thing....coz I wasn't thinking straight.
Well...bottom line is that my phone doesnt boot the OS, but it freezes at the HTC One X logo screen.

I can easily open recovery, I have CWM touch.
And on fastboot mode the phone is detected.

But adb doesnt detect the device, and the storage mounting on CWM is not working, and adb isn't detecting it there either.
I tried restoring a backup but it is not working....and neither factory reset.
The only thing I can think of is reflashing the boot with the original boot. But i cannot seem to find this anywhere.
Since I ddnt save the CM zip file in my sdcard I cannot install it using CWM but I cant either push it using adb....I am stuck.

I have searched everywhere for similar problems....I thought it could be drivers so I reinstalled all of them, but to no avail.

Can anyone please help me?

Last edited:

Flame0n

Apr 27, 2012
Which version of CM are you trying to install?

Usual way of changing a rom is usually flashing the boot.img first then flashing the rom.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Downgrade the recovery to philz 5.15 and mount the sd again. Leave it for a few minutes and wait for it to pop up.

Then copy the rom and change the recovery if needed to install the rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
Which version of CM are you trying to install?

Usual way of changing a rom is usually flashing the boot.img first then flashing the rom.

Well, the xda forum's tutorial said to install CM from SD, since it is a zip you can't exactly flash it.
I am trying to install the latest STABLE version available for endeavoru which is 10.2.1

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
What do you mean, you take out the boot.img (from inside the CM.zip) and flash it with Fastboot, then enter the recovery ....make a full wipe and install the CM.zip from the sdcard.....

Done

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
What do you mean, you take out the boot.img (from inside the CM.zip) and flash it with Fastboot, then enter the recovery ....make a full wipe and install the CM.zip from the sdcard.....

Done

This is the post I read this on:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583037

It says that the last thing is flash boot.img then reboot...
anyways I think I have just solved my problem I will post again with what I did XD

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
Ok....so the problem which I was having originally is that I couldn't access the sdcard.

Luckily I have dual boot windows and linux (Ubuntu) on my Laptop.

Therefore to solve this you will need do have both linux and windows or grab a friend with linux....otherwise it wont work.

Ok when I created my linux partition and installed linux and whatnot, windows would not recognize it for some reason, my best guess is that it was in a format which windows did not recognize (ext3).

The phone I noticed is ext4 therefore windows was having problems with drivers and all of that. So it wasnt detecting.

Once I rebooted into linux and connected my phone and mounted the sdcard from recovery BOOM it worked!!

So from linux I can put the zip files into my sdcard and then switch over to windows to flash boot.img
I have to do this from windows because fastboot is a .exe file, which doesnt work on linux so you will need both.

Thanks guys for the help but it seems I will not be needing it XD hahahaha

I will comeback if it doenst go according to plan though O.O

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Ok....so the problem which I was having originally is that I couldn't access the sdcard.

Therefore to solve this you will need do have both linux and windows or grab a friend with linux....otherwise it wont work.

Ok when I created my linux partition and installed linux and whatnot, windows would not recognize it for some reason, my best guess is that it was in a format which windows did not recognize (ext3).

The phone I noticed is ext4 therefore windows was having problems with drivers and all of that. So it wasnt detecting.

Once I rebooted into linux and connected my phone and mounted the sdcard from recovery BOOM it worked!!

So from linux I can put the zip files into my sdcard and then switch over to windows to flash boot.img
I have to do this from windows because fastboot is a .exe file, which doesnt work on linux so you will need both.

Hehehe there have fastboot for linux I have fastboot for linux windows and mac no need to install windows to use fastboot or oposit:eek:

Reactions: Kyuubi10

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
Hehehe there have fastboot for linux I have fastboot for linux windows and mac no need to install windows to use fastboot or oposit:eek:

looool I know...i just ddnt wanna waste anymore time searching for that when I already had it on windows. It switches really quickly so I'm not worried :)

Kyuubi10

Feb 21, 2014
Ok it worked....CyanogenMod 10.2.1 successfully booted :D

Ok...I will update this threads title if I manage to find how to do that :D

Thanks guys for all the help, I hope this threads helps others out there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

looool I know...i just ddnt wanna waste anymore time searching for that when I already had it on windows. It switches really quickly so I'm not worried :)

Good to hear that. For the next time fastboot linux,windows,mac and charge.bat script all in one