[Q] Titanium Backup Pro won't backup/restore

Search This thread

tonicboy

Aug 29, 2007
Hi, I just switched to a Find 7a X9006 from a Galaxy Note 2 NT-7100 which was on 4.1.2. On the Note 2, I had my backups stored on an external SD card. When I moved the SD card into my Find 7a, TiBu was able to detect my backups on the SD card and it will show them all. But, I can't restore apps. It just says that it's restoring and hangs there until I force quit TiBu. I also can't backup apps, as it says "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space".

Upon some research, many solutions around the web say that it's because the user had their backups folder pointed at /storage/emulated/0/ whereas it should be /storage/emulated/legacy/. First of all, that only applies if you're using the internal memory which I can't because I have 3gb of backups. Also, I tried that and it still didn't work to backup apps (didn't test moving some backups to that location and trying to restore).

I read in other threads that previous ROMs had problems running TiBu altogether so hopefully this is something that will be fixed in an upcoming patch but I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems or found any workarounds.

Phone:
Find 7a X9006 - ColorOS 1.2.0i build X9006_12_140530

tonicboy

Aug 29, 2007

Yes, I've already read that thread and in fact I referred to it in my original post. First of all, it's not the same problem at all. That person couldn't get TiBu to change backup folder location. I can change the location just fine but it won't backup or restore. Second of all, the "solution" in that threat was to upgrade to ColorOS 2.0i, which was in beta at the time. I am on the final release of 2.0i - again, as I've already stated in the original post.

UPDATE: My bad, I mis-spoke when I said I was on 2.0i. I'm on 1.2.0i. I might try the 2.0 beta if I'm feeling brave later.

Last edited:

KL643

May 28, 2009
@40000ft
Well I'm on stable 1. 2 and got it working. I can't explain why it works here...maybe because I first set to backup to sd card (when using OS 2) and after reverting back to stable and used the latest update, let titanium search for backup folder, it found it on my sd card and it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: azeem40

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
Hi, I just switched to a Find 7a X9006 from a Galaxy Note 2 NT-7100 which was on 4.1.2. On the Note 2, I had my backups stored on an external SD card. When I moved the SD card into my Find 7a, TiBu was able to detect my backups on the SD card and it will show them all. But, I can't restore apps. It just says that it's restoring and hangs there until I force quit TiBu. I also can't backup apps, as it says "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space".

Upon some research, many solutions around the web say that it's because the user had their backups folder pointed at /storage/emulated/0/ whereas it should be /storage/emulated/legacy/. First of all, that only applies if you're using the internal memory which I can't because I have 3gb of backups. Also, I tried that and it still didn't work to backup apps (didn't test moving some backups to that location and trying to restore).

I read in other threads that previous ROMs had problems running TiBu altogether so hopefully this is something that will be fixed in an upcoming patch but I was wondering if anyone else was having similar problems or found any workarounds.

Phone:
Find 7a X9006 - ColorOS 1.2.0i build X9006_12_140530

I couldn't get TiBu to work on ColorOS 1.2 either. Although, to be honest, I didn't even try any trouble shooting. I've never had a restore fail before so I decided to try ColorOS 2.0 and TiBu worked as expected. Save yourself the hassle and switch to ColorOS 2.0 beta or, better yet, switch to an AOSP ROM. ColorOS is terrible. It looks pretty and has some neat features, but it's a buggy mess.

Update: I see you said you'd try the beta if you feel brave. I found it to be less buggy than 1.2 so give it a shot. Still sucks if you ask me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I'm on stable 1. 2 and got it working. I can't explain why it works here...maybe because I first set to backup to sd card (when using OS 2) and after reverting back to stable and used the latest update, let titanium search for backup folder, it found it on my sd card and it works.