[FIX] "Your device does not support software upgrading via kies"

Search This thread

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
Ok, so I connected my Blaze to Kies and got this:

Capture.PNG

I thought, "oh my, how unfortunate"

Did some googling, nothing. Flashed back to stock (UVLF4, again, for the umpteenth time) , nothing.

Finally, I thought "hmmm, it still says custom binary when im in download mode, even though I'm stock with stock recovery" so I went to sammobile and got the pre-july 16th image (UVLB7) and flashed just the tar.md5 file (no pit) made sure repartition wasnt checked, etc. in Odin

upon reboot, Kies immediately recognized there was a firmware update and pushed me up to UVLF4 (flash counter is at 4 btw). When it rebooted to download mode from Kies, it said Samsung Official binary this time

Once flash was done, connected to Kies and VOILA!

Capture2.PNG

download through mediafire

UVLB7.tar.md5

just unzip the tar.md5

-------EDIT--------

no more link requesting from my server. web server's down until I get my CentOS cluster going (and Im having some SQL server issues)... stupid IIS...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:

motez23

Aug 24, 2012

Capture.jpg

Did some googling, nothing. Flashed back to stock (UVLF4, again, for the umpteenth time) , nothing.

Finally, I thought "hmmm, it still says custom binary when im in download mode, even though I'm stock with stock recovery" so I went to sammobile and got the pre-july 16th image (UVLB7) and flashed just the tar.md5 file (no pit) made sure repartition wasnt checked, etc. in Odin

upon reboot, Kies immediately recognized there was a firmware update and pushed me up to UVLF4 (flash counter is at 4 btw). When it rebooted to download mode from Kies, it said Samsung Official binary this time

Capture2.jpg

and, just so you dont have to deal with crummy 320 kb/s downloads from mediafire through sammobile.com's link, here is mine, hosted on my own web server. wont be the fastest, but it's better than mediafire

UVLB7.tar.md5

If it's not downloading, server might have too many connections, try again in a couple minutes

yeah so, Im in a pickle lol. I try to flash from your link but it says md5 hash is invalid.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> T769UVLB7_T769UVLB7_TMBT769UVLB7_HOME.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
WHAT DO I DOOOO lol

EDIT: I checked w/a md5 sum check thing and yeah yo md5s is jacked up, I don't know what to do. Bad download? ICS is coming out sooo yeah lmao

Last edited:

Jamkul

Jan 14, 2012
SLC, UT
I had the same issue, I went to the site mentioned in the op and d preloaded it from them and it worked great.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
yeah so, Im in a pickle lol. I try to flash from your link but it says md5 hash is invalid.
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> T769UVLB7_T769UVLB7_TMBT769UVLB7_HOME.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...
WHAT DO I DOOOO lol

EDIT: I checked w/a md5 sum check thing and yeah yo md5s is jacked up, I don't know what to do. Bad download? ICS is coming out sooo yeah lmao

might have been a bad upload on my end, i'll edit the link

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
If you ever get md5 invalid on Odin, just extract the .tar from the .tar.md5 and run it. If there isn't a .tar but files instead, delete the .md5 leaving it a .tar. that has worked for me many times...

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

dynospectrum

Jan 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
If you ever get md5 invalid on Odin, just extract the .tar from the .tar.md5 and run it. If there isn't a .tar but files instead, delete the .md5 leaving it a .tar. that has worked for me many times...

The original file did not work even when the .md5 extension was removed leaving it only as .tar. ;]

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
Tried to download the tar file and it keeps timing out. anyone else experiencing this ?

could be mediafire server issues. anyone having issues in 2 hours with this, PM me, I'll enable the HTTP port on my personal server and allow a download. it will be a per request basis, so it wont stay up.

flyers00

Jul 28, 2009
Marlton
Google Pixel 4
could be mediafire server issues. anyone having issues in 2 hours with this, PM me, I'll enable the HTTP port on my personal server and allow a download. it will be a per request basis, so it wont stay up.

I am still having issue downloading the TAR file. Keeps timing out. I would appreciate a link to download. I sent you a pm. Thanks

Last edited:

Animosity

May 15, 2012
Kies keeps timing out when I try to download the firmware. Should I just flash with odin?

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
Kies keeps timing out when I try to download the firmware. Should I just flash with odin?

probably server load issues. either flash with odin or wait :p you gotta think, most people arent going to wake up 2 hours earlier just to get the update before work like us and people are starting to get off work now :p

----EDIT-----

wait, were you talking about downloading stock from my link or downloading the update via Kies?

I have a mirror on my own home server, flyers00 is testing for me to make sure the upload was a good one. if it's all good, I'll release the link on a case by case scenario, PM me for it (dont want it public). I'll also update OP with these instructions

by requesting a link via PM, you agree that neither XDA nor I am not responsible for any harm to your device and you agree to never use the information provided for harm/defraudulent purposes and to never ever ever share that link with anyone else. I am doing IP logging on connections.

Last edited:

Animosity

May 15, 2012
probably server load issues. either flash with odin or wait :p you gotta think, most people arent going to wake up 2 hours earlier just to get the update before work like us and people are starting to get off work now :p

----EDIT-----

wait, were you talking about downloading stock from my link or downloading the update via Kies?

I have a mirror on my own home server, flyers00 is testing for me to make sure the upload was a good one. if it's all good, I'll release the link on a case by case scenario, PM me for it (dont want it public). I'll also update OP with these instructions

by requesting a link via PM, you agree that neither XDA nor I am not responsible for any harm to your device and you agree to never use the information provided for harm/defraudulent purposes and to never ever ever share that link with anyone else. I am doing IP logging on connections.

I was talking about the kies download lol. But its ok, i flashed it with odin and rooted. Running great :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

download through mediafire

UVLB7.tar.md5

just unzip the tar.md5

-------EDIT--------

no more link requesting from my server. web server's down until I get my CentOS cluster going (and Im having some SQL server issues)... stupid IIS...
    Hi.. I'm using a galaxy S2 I9100..
    My current FW version as shown while connecting to PC via KIES:

PDA: LPT
    PHONE: LQ6
    CSC: LPA(XEH)

But while checking directly on phone using the code *#1234# everything is appearing as same except the CSC.. Using this code in the phone, my phone is showing the CSC as I9100XEULPA.. Means my phone's CSC are not coming same on both.. So, is it the reason that my phone's current FW is not supported to update FW via kies??

If it's so.. Then, how to resolve this problem??

Wrong forum, wrong phone, wrong thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app
    Hi.. I'm using a galaxy S2 I9100..
    My current FW version as shown while connecting to PC via KIES:

PDA: LPT
    PHONE: LQ6
    CSC: LPA(XEH)

But while checking directly on phone using the code *#1234# everything is appearing as same except the CSC.. Using this code in the phone, my phone is showing the CSC as I9100 XEU LPA.. Means my phone's CSC are not coming same on both.. So, is it the reason that my phone's current FW is not supported to update FW via kies??

If it's so.. Then, how to resolve this problem??

Yes because when someone tells you that you have posted in the wrong forum, for the wrong device the best thing to do is to post the same comment. Post this here again and I will notify a mod. Please post your issue in the correct forum for your device. This is the Galaxy S Blaze 4G forum.

Newest link in OP works now. Flashing in ODIN atm.

T769UVLB7_T769TMBLB7_TMB.zip | md5: 2879c2df7ab0248404e31ad7532193b7