ChevronWP7 Unlocker & Cert download - *here* + video tutorial

Search This thread

iridium21

Jul 15, 2009
Lancashire
OPPO Find X5 Pro
As people may know, Chevron have removed their unlocker download for WP7 :( so I thought I'd archive it and make it available for everyone here still:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JY0ZFVKD

EDIT: Thanks to Cendaryn we also have the required security certificate :) - the easiest way (thanks to Talys) to install the cert and unlock your WP7 is to do as follows:

1. Unzip file, and attach chevronwp7.cer (see below for file) to an e-mail to yourself
2. Open email in WP7
3. Tap attachment once, turns it into a shield, tap it again, goes to install certificate screen with white letters on black screen
4. Click install at the bottom

5. Make sure registry is modified:

Code:
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\ProxyPorts]“DeviceReg”=dword:000069C5
I think the WP7 developer tools from MS does this, but you can add it in manually (it's a 32bit DWORD)

6. Plug in phone and leave Zune running
7. Run chevronwp7.exe, click both checkboxes
8. Click unlock

Excellent video tutorial here thanks to Jaxbot

[Edit 8th Dec 2010]

Worried that Microsoft has relocked your phone? They haven't, look here

[Edit 20th January 2011]

Want to keep your unlocked HTC from re-locking every sync? See here

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• ChevronWP7Cer.zip
    967 bytes · Views: 178,271
Last edited:

Talys

Nov 19, 2010
Vancouver
By the way, the easiest way to install the .cer is to email it to yourself, then tap the attachment. WP7 comes up with a screen that confirms that you want to install the cert :D

Talys

Nov 19, 2010
Vancouver
ceesheim: what is the problem? cert and exe both worked for me (though I downloaded the chevronwp7.exe elsewhere)

Talys

Nov 19, 2010
Vancouver
its gifs me an error "trouble with connection"

how did you installed the .cert " I mailed it "
1. unzip file, and attach chevronwp7.cer to an email to yourself
2. open email in wp7
3. tap attachment once, turns it into a shield, tap it again, goes to install certificate screen with white letters on black screen
4. click install at the bottom

--

5. make sure registry is modified:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\ProxyPorts]
“DeviceReg”=dword:000069C5

I think the WP7 developer tools from MS does this, but you can add it in manually (it's a 32bit DWORD)

6. plug in phone and leave zune running

7. run chevronwp7.exe, click both checkboxes

8. click unlock

That worked for me... then you must install Windows Phone Developer tools to get the app loader from Microsoft, which is where I'm at now.

Reactions: iridium21

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Have you:
* unzipped the cert file?
* sent the .cert to your WP7 via Mail?
* installed it on the device?

It worked pretty nice here on my HTC HD7

yes yes and yes :(
it tell's you that the installation was successful

its the app that is bugging me and I don't know way , killed the firewall and anti-virus and skype actually I almost killed the whole pc :(

Talys

Nov 19, 2010
Vancouver
It WORKED -- including the Chevron ringtone XAP. I love it. My phone now has a basic ring sounds like my very first cell phone like 20 years ago. bleeleeleeleep .... bleeleeleeleep .... bleeleeleeleep ....

Was that so much to ask for? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As people may know, Chevron have removed their unlocker download for WP7 :( so I thought I'd archive it and make it available for everyone here still:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JY0ZFVKD

EDIT: Thanks to Cendaryn we also have the required security certificate :) - the easiest way (thanks to Talys) to install the cert and unlock your WP7 is to do as follows:

1. Unzip file, and attach chevronwp7.cer (see below for file) to an e-mail to yourself
    2. Open email in WP7
    3. Tap attachment once, turns it into a shield, tap it again, goes to install certificate screen with white letters on black screen
    4. Click install at the bottom

5. Make sure registry is modified:

Code:
     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsPhone\ProxyPorts]“DeviceReg”=dword:000069C5

6. Plug in phone and leave Zune running
    7. Run chevronwp7.exe, click both checkboxes
    8. Click unlock

Excellent video tutorial here thanks to Jaxbot

[Edit 8th Dec 2010]

Worried that Microsoft has relocked your phone? They haven't, look here

[Edit 20th January 2011]

Want to keep your unlocked HTC from re-locking every sync? See here

Hope this helps someone.
    Possible solution to Chevron problems.

Hello to all!

I think, I've finally found the reason why Chevron almost never works. After a few days of struggle, I managed to successfully unlock my HD2 three times in a row, all by the same trick.
    The idea is to change the IP which Chevron emulates DURING the process of jailbreak. Here's step-by-step.

1 - Disable LAN card in your PC (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections\ right click on "Local Area Connection" and choose "disable"). It is very important to disable ALL connections, but you MUST remember which one is used for Internet access (see below, why).

2 - Do all the standard steps of unlock - install certificate, start WPConnect e.t.s. When Chevron fails to unlock - LEAVE IT OPEN.

3. Start Notepad and open hosts. Delete lines added by Chevron (at the bottom). Save. LEAVE NOTEPAD OPEN.

4. Press Win+R and enter IPConfig /flushdns , press "enter". CMD window will blink for a second - that's normal.

5. Press Win+R again (there will be IPConfig /flushdns typed already), but DO NOT PRESS "ENTER", just leave this window open.

6. Now the trick. Start WPConnect. WHILE it connects, continue to repeatedly press "Unlock" button in Chevron, until the black CMD window of WPconnect disappears. Chevron will fail to do its job, but that's in fact is the very thing we need.

7. Now, do not touch Chevron window, just return to Network Connections and ENABLE yor LAN card.

8. Go to Notepad and JUST CLICK "Save", do not alter anything inside.

9. Return to the window with the typed command IPConfig /flushdns . Press Enter.

10. Start WPConnect, WAIT until it disappears, and press "Unlock" button in Chevron. You're done - this time unlock would work.

At least, it worked for me 3 times in a row, while NO other ways worked.

Best regards - Draco.

P.S. If you have firewall - disable it before doing anything.

P.P.S. Win7 from NAND + MDJ Desire HD 4.4 from SD = best phone in the world :)
    so who saved the .cert on his pc ?

aaahm.... I guess I have something for you :)
    Succeeded

Okay so here is *everything* I did to succeed in re-unlocking my Samsung Focus

1. Have Winphone developer tools installed
    2. Connect Phone via USB
    3. Wait till zune starts and sync completes
    4. Verify that zune is not in a guest relationship
    5. open a command prompt, type netstat -a to confirm that port 443 is not being used
    6. open an admin command prompt, navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ then type notepad hosts and delete any references to windowsphone developer services
    7. go to the settings on the phone and turn airplane mode on (so that the phone is forced to use internet via zune)
    8. While the phone is still on the settings page, run Chevron with admin privileges

And it worked!
    If you are having issues, you should also make sure that your machine isn't running anything that may be using port 443 (including IIS, Skype, etc)