Please help: Chrome stopped working

Search This thread

body150165

Feb 16, 2012
Bangkok
Hi guys... stupid me... I was playing around with Titaniuum Backup and read about the recommended job to integrate update into the ROM in order to free up space. Good idea, i thought.

So, I pressed it and was toasted successfully. Tried to start chrome again and was told that an error occurred and I have to delete chrome first. Well. I wondered as it is a system app. Never mind. Titanium backup pro solves the problem I thought. Deleted Chrome, restarted and installed it.

If now I want to start Chrome, it closes itself and gives a toast that "Chrome stopped working". I can press report or ok. The most interesting part is, that this toast appears 2 times. So, I guess that the process starts 2 times and produces a conflict.

Any idea?

Mandark52

Aug 12, 2012
Hi guys... stupid me... I was playing around with Titaniuum Backup and read about the recommended job to integrate update into the ROM in order to free up space. Good idea, i thought.

So, I pressed it and was toasted successfully. Tried to start chrome again and was told that an error occurred and I have to delete chrome first. Well. I wondered as it is a system app. Never mind. Titanium backup pro solves the problem I thought. Deleted Chrome, restarted and installed it.

If now I want to start Chrome, it closes itself and gives a toast that "Chrome stopped working". I can press report or ok. The most interesting part is, that this toast appears 2 times. So, I guess that the process starts 2 times and produces a conflict.

Any idea?

Hmmm.... try the 'Undo sys integration' option in Titanium Backup n see whether it works. Tell us what happens next.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

yuzgen

Feb 22, 2014
Istanbul
plus.google.com

Any idea?

Try clearing data and defaults of Chrome in "system settings - apps" and then long pressing Chrome and turning it to a system app in TB.

body150165

Feb 16, 2012
Bangkok
Hmmm.... try the 'Undo sys integration' option in Titanium Backup n see whether it works. Tell us what happens next.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Hello, "undo sys integration" lets me know that there is nothing to undo. So, I can not execute this process.
@yuzgen: Chrome is still a system app and so, I can not make it one ( as it is already)

Try this!

Any idea?

1. Make sure chrome is closed.
2. Go to the app settings and remove all data from chrome.
3. Go into /data/data/ (with a root explorer) and remove any directory with chrome (probably: com.android.chrome),
4. Then remove chrome from your device.
5. Restart the device after that reinstall chrome from the play store.

Reactions: body150165

body150165

Feb 16, 2012
Bangkok
3. Go into /data/data/ (with a root explorer) and remove any directory with chrome (probably: com.android.chrome),

Thank you Jeffrey. That solved my problem. If ever you come to Thailand, I invite you to a beer (or 2) ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this!

Any idea?