*OFFICIAL* SPH-D700-FC19-8Gb-REL.tar.md5

Search This thread

notsosmrtgeek

Dec 22, 2010
portage
Ok so airplane mode is in the same spot. I have my brother in laws phone next to me and I'm comparing. The sprint connections optimizer is not there.

Edit: so. The camera seems better and it says there is an update for the firmware but it can't find it when you try to upgrade.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:

etirkca

Apr 14, 2012
He said "wi-fi", which happens to be its own menu in "Wireless Settings" FYI

LOL thanks, but it's pretty obvious that poster meant to say Wireless. I see no airplane mode under wifi on FC19.
8cf7c1e6-20cf-b08f.jpg

Anyone run diff on the modem.bin? If not, I'm going to try later today when I get on my PC. I'm guessing just the timestamps changed.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Awesome, can this be rooted using OneClickRootCWM?

One click root has not worked on any Gingerbread ROM. Qbking77 has a video on how to root it with the FC09 deodexed Stock ROM otherwise you will need to use the same method as EL30. He has a video on that as well. Google How to root samsung Epic on EL30 or FC09 (pick one).

notsosmrtgeek

Dec 22, 2010
portage
When you root it al you will have to do is odin cwm. With the reboot not checked. When it is done pull the battery and replace. Boot into cwm. And flash superuser. The install_recovery. Is not in the rom. It wasn't in el30 tar. But the update.zip to fc09 has it. Idk about fc09's tar. Or not.

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Need some clarification.

So is this a leak? Asking because I brought this release up in IRC a moment ago and 1 person mentioned that this was, but the OP says otherwise.

If it is a leak, why the *OFFICIAL* tag in the title?
Also, there isn't a Sprint community thread related to this official release? (I haven't found one yet.)

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Root method from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21669451&postcount=19
(Credit IBE)

Over view: Flash cwm via Odin without reboot check. Mnually shut off phone. Go straight in cwm flash su go inside phone delete script

Full steps:
1. flash cwm 5.0.27 with reboot unchecked (nothing check), put file in pda.

2. when its done, unplug data cable and pull out battery.
without rebooting system.

3. vol down, camera, power, to get into cwm recovery

4. install su.zip and reboot the phone (now you have root)

Edit 2: Removed a bunch of following steps since this Tar doesn't appear to have the recovery script included.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Need some clarification.

So is this a leak? Asking because I brought this release up in IRC a moment ago and 1 person mentioned that this was, but the OP says otherwise.

If it is a leak, why the *OFFICIAL* tag in the title?
Also, there isn't a Sprint community thread related to this official release? (I haven't found one yet.)

Edit: I have no clue if this will roll out OTA -- anyone have some insider info on this one? Based on the prior posts that say its missing the recovery script and possibly sprint connection optimizer, I'm thinking its a leak for sure.

Last edited:

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Yeah, why/when did this become "official"? There are no reports of FC19 OTA and thisvstarted out as "unofficial". Thanks.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
It is the official fc19 build. It is not unofficially made by anyone else. You have to understand the definition of the word

Definition of official: sanctioned by, recognized by, or derived from authority

This was derived from Samsung/Sprint in some way as to deem his an official build. If I would have created the build myself and labeled it FC19, then it would be unofficial because it was derived from an unofficial source

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: flastnoles11

ninj0r

Mar 10, 2011
It is the official fc19 build. It is not unofficially made by anyone else. You have to understand the definition of the word

This was derived from Samsung/Sprint in some way as to deem his an official build. If I would have created the build myself and labeled it FC19, then it would be unofficial because it was derived from an unofficial source

So this isn't official as in OTA. It's official as in leaked?

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

Thanks, maybe the title should say official leak as to avoid confusion and a hundred questions.

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
So a leak ok. I suggest you modify the thread title and OP to say that this is not an official OTA build.

Vizzo

Feb 13, 2012
Who cares if it's a leak or not. Is it unstable or something?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To: Install FC19 for the Epic 4G
    Warning: This will wipe your data entirely. BriefMobile is not liable for your actions. This has been fully tested and is working.
    1. Download SPH-D700-FC19-8Gb-REL.tar.md5.zip
    2. Download, extract, and install the Epic 4G drivers
    3. Download and extract Odin3_v1.87.zip
    4. Download victory_8G_100528.pit
    5. Open “Odin3_v1.87.exe”
    6. Power off the Epic 4G
    7. Put the Epic 4G into “Download Mode” by holding the 1 key and the Power button
    8. Connect the Epic 4G to your computer. Ensure Odin recognizes it. You should see “0:[COM#]” fill in the first box.
    9. Click “PDA” and select “SPH-D700-FC19-8Gb-REL.tar.md5"
    10. Click "PIT" and select "victory_8G_100528.pit"
    11. Click “Start”
    12. After it is finished, the Epic 4G will reboot and it will be running FC19 Android 2.3.6. Congratulations!

How To: Install FC19 Modem for the Epic 4G (Works with Custom ROMs!)
    Warning: I'm not liable for your actions. This has been fully tested and is working.
    1. Download FC19_modem.bin: Mirror 1 | Mirror 2
    2. Download, extract, and install the Epic 4G drivers
    3. Download and extract Odin3_v1.87.zip
    4. Open “Odin3_v1.87.exe”
    5. Power off the Epic 4G
    6. Put the Epic 4G into “Download Mode” by holding the 1 key and the Power button
    7. Connect the Epic 4G to your computer. Ensure Odin recognizes it. You should see “0:[COM#]” fill in the first box.
    8. Click “PHONE” and select “FC19_modem.bin"
    9. Click “Start”
    10. After it is finished, the Epic 4G will reboot and it will be running FC19 baseband. Congratulations!
    deAD LINKS
    can someone mirror Fc19 or Fc09 tar for me?

Here you go, mate.
    I believe FC19 was the backup plan if the Optimizer failed miserably.

THX Korey ( my bad again , THX Whosdaman ) .... so , what exactly got changed between FC09 and FC19 :confused: :confused: :confused:

A 1

Thanks, maybe the title should say official leak as to avoid confusion and a hundred questions.