CM10 UNOFFICIAL (BETA) for Droid Razr M (XT907) - Consumer and Developer Edition

Search This thread

apacheo

Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
I thought I noticed some weird CPU usage with this ROM but a reboot cleared out the cruft. Seems to be working smooth as butter for me now.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

It required changes to get GSM/UMTS/LTE working in Australia. By default, the ROM is set to work on Verizon CDMA.

I'm using the XT905 radio with the XT907 CM build from this thread.

You'll only need to make these changes if you're on gsm/umts etc.

Changes are here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1834511

UN5EEN

Aug 25, 2010
Sony Xperia 5 II
Tried flashing via SafeStrap with no luck. Just sits at a black screen upon reboot. Had to restore a backup. Any suggestions?

Pimped out RAZR M

UN5EEN

Aug 25, 2010
Sony Xperia 5 II
Go to goo.im/gapps and pick the 4.1/Cm10 ones.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Ah I used the 4.2 the first time

Pimped out RAZR M

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Ended up flashing the CM10 off the link u gave me along with gapps JB 4.1.x and still got the black screen. Could it not be working because I have a lot of the stock apps like NFC etc. frozen?

Pimped out RAZR M

alwaysbelieve1

Aug 29, 2006
St. Charles
www.BobGaronTraining.com
Ah I used the 4.2 the first time

Pimped out RAZR M

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Ended up flashing the CM10 off the link u gave me along with gapps JB 4.1.x and still got the black screen. Could it not be working because I have a lot of the stock apps like NFC etc. frozen?

Pimped out RAZR M

What are the exact steps that you're doing to try to flash it?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

sujaanj

Oct 9, 2011
New build works awesome. Wifi puts it at daily driver status. Really smooth. Great work. Any chance we can get that group MMS commit I mentioned earlier?

UN5EEN

Aug 25, 2010
Sony Xperia 5 II
What are the exact steps that you're doing to try to flash it?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
First time I went into safestrap, wiped dalvik and cache, flashed CM10 then gapps 4.2, wiped dalvik and cache again then rebooted. After choosing to continue rather than go back into recovery it just stayed at a black screen. Second time I tried I didn't wipe dalvik/cache before flashing, used fixed CM10 for safestrap and also gapps 4.1.x, then wiped dalvik/cache, rebooted and had same result. Black screen.
I'm curious as to if its because I have frozen system apps. Or does that not matter.

Pimped out RAZR M

apacheo

Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
Hmm then I'm fresh outta ideas on how to get this to work. Could it be because I'm running Android 4.0.4?

Pimped out RAZR M

Seems unlikely.. though it /is/ possible, because Safe Strap (to my knowledge, at least) uses kexec, and the ICS kernel may not be able to properly launch the Jelly Bean kernel in this manner?

Not entirely sure. Does the device show up in 'adb devices' so you can check the debug log, or is it not even getting that far?

UN5EEN

Aug 25, 2010
Sony Xperia 5 II
Seems unlikely.. though it /is/ possible, because Safe Strap (to my knowledge, at least) uses kexec, and the ICS kernel may not be able to properly launch the Jelly Bean kernel in this manner?

Not entirely sure. Does the device show up in 'adb devices' so you can check the debug log, or is it not even getting that far?

I'm not sure it even gets that far but then again I'm not sure where to find 'adb devices'

Pimped out RAZR M

sujaanj

Oct 9, 2011
Hmm then I'm fresh outta ideas on how to get this to work. Could it be because I'm running Android 4.0.4?

Pimped out RAZR M
Try uninstalling the recovery from within the Safestrap app, and installing the latest Safestrap APK located here:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/scorpion_mini/RAZR-M-Safestrap-3.05.20.apk

There have been some changes since it was first released, so that problem did throw me off.

If it doesn't work, it's very possible apacheo's theory is right. Stock JB is awesome, you should try upgrading to that.

UN5EEN

Aug 25, 2010
Sony Xperia 5 II
Try uninstalling the recovery from within the Safestrap app, and installing the latest Safestrap APK located here:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/scorpion_mini/RAZR-M-Safestrap-3.05.20.apk

There have been some changes since it was first released, so that problem did throw me off.

If it doesn't work, it's very possible apacheo's theory is right. Stock JB is awesome, you should try upgrading to that.

I'm operating in ROM Slot 1 at the moment. If I uninstall safestrap won't that cause some sort of malfunction since ROM Slot 1 is operating through Safestrap?

Scratch that. I'm currently on Safestrap 3.05

NVM noticed I'm on 3.05.19 lol

Pimped out RAZR M

Last edited:

sujaanj

Oct 9, 2011
I'm operating in ROM Slot 1 at the moment. If I uninstall safestrap won't that cause some sort of malfunction since ROM Slot 1 is operating through Safestrap?

Scratch that. I'm currently on Safestrap 3.05

NVM noticed I'm on 3.05.19 lol

Pimped out RAZR M

Yeah try removing the ROM slot within safestrap, then boot into stock, remove recovery within safestrap app, and then install the new APK, install recovery, boot into safestrap, and install CM10.

Reactions: UN5EEN

tkET

Jan 9, 2009
Tried on a Japan unlocked bootloader one but end up still cannot find any HongKong carrier.

Top Liked Posts