[1/3][EG04][Trailblazer101] Custom Ticker Settings + More

Search This thread

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Alright guys, finally got around to releasing this! I have tested it immensely, and haven't noticed any real bugs...

New Features Included in this Package:

-Custom Settings for Ticker Within TSM Parts-
--Ticker Style (Add/Remove the Weather/History Icon)
--Date/Time Text Options (Change the Color for both)
--Custom Sleep Text (exactly that!)
--Set Custom Apps (Lets you pick what is in the Quick Launch Screen)
--Ticker Rotation (Enables/Disables it)

-Triple Tap the Weather Icon To Update The Icon (and the Weatherbug Widget)

-Integration with Google Voice (When you get a Google voice text message, it shows up in the ticker)

NOTE: I made a slight adjustment in the way the "Double Tap Grip Sensors" aspect of my mods works... Due to it accidentaly being activated when the phone was off and I was taking it out of my pocket, I made it so it will only work when the ticker is on... Whether that be just the ticker, or the phone itself, either works... Just FYI :)

PICS:

coming soon...

DOWNLOAD:

Flash this package on a deodexed EG04 ROM! I guess it doesn't have to be stock, but it might help!

[CWM]: http://www.mediafire.com/?61uguo8b8uwwrvo

Last edited:

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
Alright, that package with the customization options for the ticker is finished, and has been for a while :p I was just working on optimizing the code for a little bit, which was fun... But, if anyone wants the package, i'll release it :)

Also, is anyone interested in integration with google voice? ;) that's right: I got it just right so that when you get google voice messages, they will show up in the ticker! The icon will be the google voice icon, and clicking it will go to the google voice app :)
If you have the number in your contacts, it will show that person's name, also :) Of course, the text for the message will be shown, just like a normal text message :) I'm pretty proud of myself for this one, haha..

This is seems extremely interesting. :) Thanks for all the hard work on it!

sytech55

Jan 21, 2011
Kuwait
Alright, that package with the customization options for the ticker is finished, and has been for a while :p I was just working on optimizing the code for a little bit, which was fun... But, if anyone wants the package, i'll release it :)

Also, is anyone interested in integration with google voice? ;) that's right: I got it just right so that when you get google voice messages, they will show up in the ticker! The icon will be the google voice icon, and clicking it will go to the google voice app :)
If you have the number in your contacts, it will show that person's name, also :) Of course, the text for the message will be shown, just like a normal text message :) I'm pretty proud of myself for this one, haha..
Heck yeah!
I'm actually setting up the Continuum right now for my daughter. Would love to have it. I was trying to download a new update.zip file because for some reason my phone shows Update.zip is GONE. Not sure why so I'm looking for drivers and software to bring back to stock.

The-Captain

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Themer
May 18, 2011
Moved to General, while it is development related, it isn't a development thread because nothing has been posted. Look forward to your thread in development if you release it!

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Heck yeah!
I'm actually setting up the Continuum right now for my daughter. Would love to have it. I was trying to download a new update.zip file because for some reason my phone shows Update.zip is GONE. Not sure why so I'm looking for drivers and software to bring back to stock.

Did you flash cwm via odin?

Sent from my SPH-M580BST using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

sytech55

Jan 21, 2011
Kuwait
Did you flash cwm via odin?

Didn't flash cwm via odin. This was a stock phone that I had pulled out for daughter to use as wifi only. I did get the phone to actually boot up last night. Not sure how that happened, so I've got a factory installed rom running. Added her gmail information through wifi connection, but I can't update the android version from "2.1-update1". Just keeps showing connecting. Left if overnight and this morning, no change. Still "connecting". I believe this phone was one I just couldn't get to update no matter what when it was an active phone on my plan. Verizon store tech said some phones do that. I didn't worry since my wife was using it and she doesn't need a rooted phone. But now I'm wondering if I can push an update to it. Not sure what version the continuum is the latest. Is it android 2.3?
My goal here is to let my daughter use it to load some games from Play Store since she doesn't have a smartphone yet.

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Hmm, if your only doing wifi then I would just flash the stock eg04 and go from there, its gb, both of my continuums are just wifi gamers for me and my son.

I'm hoping to return to dev'n but in the past 6 weeks I've moved twice and got married, school just started back and I miss y'all...

XjokiX7

Jan 21, 2012
Tried it and worked like a charm. :) thanks for this! also ciscogee congratulations on your marriage!

Reactions: ciscogee

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
So, I managed to do this:

656f79f87b8bc7286c48bd324dbc65e6bf6cdf18a34dcab58f5822fc186428276g.jpg

It's the MIUI battery, but down in the ticker... I personally like it! However, I would like to have it on the bottom of the ticker instead... I am having some difficulties doing such, though... If anyone wants to try and help out, here is the XML code for above:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/standbymode_default_vertical" android:background="@null" android:layout_width="480.0px" android:layout_height="96.0px"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <View android:id="@id/battery_indicator" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" />
    <View android:id="@id/battery_indicator_charging" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" />  
    <RelativeLayout android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/RelativeLayout01" android:layout_width="103.0px" android:layout_height="96.0px">
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="top" android:id="@id/WeatherIcon" android:layout_width="80.0px" android:layout_height="80.0px" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0px" android:layout_marginTop="8.0px" />
        <AnalogClock android:id="@id/analogClock1" android:layout_width="80.0px" android:layout_height="80.0px" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0px" android:layout_marginTop="8.0px" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignParentTop="true" />
        <ImageView android:id="@id/IconSel" android:background="@drawable/weather_press" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="80.0px" android:layout_height="80.0px" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0px" android:layout_marginTop="8.0px" android:layout_marginBottom="8.0px" />
    </RelativeLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/LinearLayout02" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="96.0px" android:layout_weight="1.0">
        <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/data.text.size" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/TextView02" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/data.layout.height" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/data.layout.margin.top" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/data.layout.margin.bottom" />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="top" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/time.text.size" android:typeface="normal" android:textColor="@color/clockcolor" android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/TextView03" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/time.layout.height" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/time.layout.margin.bottom" />
            <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/data.text.size" android:typeface="normal" android:textColor="@color/clockcolor" android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/TextView04" android:paddingLeft="5.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/time.layout.height" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/time.layout.margin.bottom" />
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <RelativeLayout android:id="@id/RelativeLayout02" android:layout_width="68.0px" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <ImageButton android:id="@id/HistoryButton" android:background="@null" android:focusable="true" android:layout_width="68.0px" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tt_tickerhistory_buttonup" android:scaleType="fitXY" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
    </RelativeLayout>
</LinearLayout>

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
I didn't release this yet, because I would like to move the battery to the bottom :) Butttt, if you/someone likes it as is, I shall share ;)

How is kernel compiling going?!

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Oh I was just wondering where to insert code over.

Compiling has been slow cause wife has been using HER laptop for school all the time and I use her laptop for vmlinux. I'm bout to reinstall cygwin and tar on my win7 laptop to get my files inorder to tarball for easy Odin flashes and kernel repacked. She has 3 tests this week so I won't be back to playing with sources until next week sometime

Was then gonaa get into aroma for rebloat and mods and themes.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Code:

It's a matter of moving around the "battery_indicator" and the "battery_indicator_charging" views, and maybe putting them in a RelativeLayout, just right....

But you have a good point, you can't test it yourself without the modded Services.jar :p Here's a thrown together package with just services.jar and framework-res and TSMParts... Those are the only files that make this feature unique (compared to my most recent package...)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?11530qabpm8dftc

And oh, okay! Sounds like fun :p Hope she does good on all those tests; I feel her pain, I have both a Math 141 and Physics 211 Exam coming up :p

Last edited:

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
Nevermind, I figured it out ;) haha... I used Eclipse to make the layout from scratch, with the MIUI battery on the bottom ;) I also added an option in TSMParts for "auto color" for the time... This setting sets the color of the time as the current battery state.... Sooo, whatever you set the auto-colors to be for the MIUI battery in the statusbar to be, that will be the color of the time :D I think it matches nicely with the battery...

PICS:

9e691ed806a34ba0da9a4b5f78428efc06a85814deec3a05e35dc4d19e5fe0ec6g.jpg

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
Awesome! So do you think one (possibly you :p) could actually make a ported rom or aosp work the ticker since you know how to "talk" to it? Sorta like a display whisperer.

Fix your paypal soon :) we owe you!

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
Dear lord I hope his Paypal is working. . . I haven't seen anything returned . . . It's not much but with a 4 month old in the house it's what I can do.

Reactions: trailblazer101

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
I just checked my Paypal, and saw that wonderful surprise Jaycush! Thank you so much!!! Now if only I was allowed to touch it, haha... I really need to get it up and working again, haha... If there is any ideas that you have to increase the capabilities of the ticker, or anything else, I'll look into it for sure! :)

and hmmm... I know you ciscogee were getting close to compiling EH03 for the fascinate for the Continuum... Technically, it should work, but without the ticker... THEN, I might be able to shove it back in ;) It's still a matter of compiling a working AOSP/CM kernel and ROM, which I have only dabbled in...

jaycush

Jan 17, 2013
I just checked my Paypal, and saw that wonderful surprise Jaycush! Thank you so much!!! Now if only I was allowed to touch it, haha... I really need to get it up and working again, haha... If there is any ideas that you have to increase the capabilities of the ticker, or anything else, I'll look into it for sure! :)

and hmmm... I know you ciscogee were getting close to compiling EH03 for the fascinate for the Continuum... Technically, it should work, but without the ticker... THEN, I might be able to shove it back in ;) It's still a matter of compiling a working AOSP/CM kernel and ROM, which I have only dabbled in...

Do you still have your continuum or has it been retired?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright guys, finally got around to releasing this! I have tested it immensely, and haven't noticed any real bugs...

New Features Included in this Package:

-Custom Settings for Ticker Within TSM Parts-
    --Ticker Style (Add/Remove the Weather/History Icon)
    --Date/Time Text Options (Change the Color for both)
    --Custom Sleep Text (exactly that!)
    --Set Custom Apps (Lets you pick what is in the Quick Launch Screen)
    --Ticker Rotation (Enables/Disables it)

-Triple Tap the Weather Icon To Update The Icon (and the Weatherbug Widget)

-Integration with Google Voice (When you get a Google voice text message, it shows up in the ticker)

NOTE: I made a slight adjustment in the way the "Double Tap Grip Sensors" aspect of my mods works... Due to it accidentaly being activated when the phone was off and I was taking it out of my pocket, I made it so it will only work when the ticker is on... Whether that be just the ticker, or the phone itself, either works... Just FYI :)

PICS:

coming soon...

DOWNLOAD:

Flash this package on a deodexed EG04 ROM! I guess it doesn't have to be stock, but it might help!

[CWM]: http://www.mediafire.com/?61uguo8b8uwwrvo
    Nevermind, I figured it out ;) haha... I used Eclipse to make the layout from scratch, with the MIUI battery on the bottom ;) I also added an option in TSMParts for "auto color" for the time... This setting sets the color of the time as the current battery state.... Sooo, whatever you set the auto-colors to be for the MIUI battery in the statusbar to be, that will be the color of the time :D I think it matches nicely with the battery...

PICS:

9e691ed806a34ba0da9a4b5f78428efc06a85814deec3a05e35dc4d19e5fe0ec6g.jpg
    Tried it and worked like a charm. :) thanks for this! also ciscogee congratulations on your marriage!
    So, I managed to do this:

656f79f87b8bc7286c48bd324dbc65e6bf6cdf18a34dcab58f5822fc186428276g.jpg

It's the MIUI battery, but down in the ticker... I personally like it! However, I would like to have it on the bottom of the ticker instead... I am having some difficulties doing such, though... If anyone wants to try and help out, here is the XML code for above:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <LinearLayout android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/standbymode_default_vertical" android:background="@null" android:layout_width="480.0px" android:layout_height="96.0px"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
        <View android:id="@id/battery_indicator" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" />
        <View android:id="@id/battery_indicator_charging" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" />  
        <RelativeLayout android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/RelativeLayout01" android:layout_width="103.0px" android:layout_height="96.0px">
            <ImageView android:layout_gravity="top" android:id="@id/WeatherIcon" android:layout_width="80.0px" android:layout_height="80.0px" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0px" android:layout_marginTop="8.0px" />
            <AnalogClock android:id="@id/analogClock1" android:layout_width="80.0px" android:layout_height="80.0px" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0px" android:layout_marginTop="8.0px" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" android:layout_alignParentTop="true" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/IconSel" android:background="@drawable/weather_press" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="80.0px" android:layout_height="80.0px" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0px" android:layout_marginTop="8.0px" android:layout_marginBottom="8.0px" />
        </RelativeLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/LinearLayout02" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="96.0px" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/data.text.size" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/TextView02" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/data.layout.height" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/data.layout.margin.top" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/data.layout.margin.bottom" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="top" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/time.text.size" android:typeface="normal" android:textColor="@color/clockcolor" android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/TextView03" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/time.layout.height" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/time.layout.margin.bottom" />
                <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/data.text.size" android:typeface="normal" android:textColor="@color/clockcolor" android:layout_gravity="top|left|center" android:id="@id/TextView04" android:paddingLeft="5.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/time.layout.height" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/time.layout.margin.bottom" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
        <RelativeLayout android:id="@id/RelativeLayout02" android:layout_width="68.0px" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/HistoryButton" android:background="@null" android:focusable="true" android:layout_width="68.0px" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tt_tickerhistory_buttonup" android:scaleType="fitXY" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" />
        </RelativeLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    Code:

It's a matter of moving around the "battery_indicator" and the "battery_indicator_charging" views, and maybe putting them in a RelativeLayout, just right....

But you have a good point, you can't test it yourself without the modded Services.jar :p Here's a thrown together package with just services.jar and framework-res and TSMParts... Those are the only files that make this feature unique (compared to my most recent package...)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?11530qabpm8dftc

And oh, okay! Sounds like fun :p Hope she does good on all those tests; I feel her pain, I have both a Math 141 and Physics 211 Exam coming up :p