[Q]Lockscreen mod

Search This thread

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
Hey guys, i've been modding the stock lockscreen a bit but i've got 2 questions regarding this, i hope someone can give me the correct answer: first, how to delete the annoying carrier name on the bot? i've tried all the layouts but none of them did anything, i got rid of the emergency button and text but that's as far as i get, and also, how to change the icons for the shortcuts? they automatically use the app's one and i want to give a custom one, tried adding the android:src line but still nothing. Thanks in advance

EDIT: I figured out the carrier name already, just those icons now. Thanks

Last edited:

f3bruary

Feb 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Hey guys, i've been modding the stock lockscreen a bit but i've got 2 questions regarding this, i hope someone can give me the correct answer: first, how to delete the annoying carrier name on the bot? i've tried all the layouts but none of them did anything, i got rid of the emergency button and text but that's as far as i get, and also, how to change the icons for the shortcuts? they automatically use the app's one and i want to give a custom one, tried adding the android:src line but still nothing. Thanks in advance

You mind sharing ? I'm trying to get rid of those too. Just started out modding. I edited res/layout/keyguard_screen_unlock_portrait but there's no emergency button info there. What file did you edit ?

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
You mind sharing ? I'm trying to get rid of those too. Just started out modding. I edited res/layout/keyguard_screen_unlock_portrait but there's no emergency button info there. What file did you edit ?

No longer own this phone, and also dont remember. grab the rom i made and compare files

FourOne82

Jun 1, 2013
Motorola RAZR i
LG G6
Did a little edit on my own:

Just delete in "res/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml":
Code:
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/moto_keyguard_lockscreen_statusview_textsize" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="32.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
            <include layout="@layout/zz_moto_keyguard_bottom" />
        </LinearLayout>

Last edited:
Reactions: f3bruary

f3bruary

Feb 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G

Code:
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/moto_keyguard_lockscreen_statusview_textsize" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="?textColorSecondary" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/carrier" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="32.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>

Thanks a lot, and dude, I want your lockscreen man ! Care to share ?

f3bruary

Feb 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
As i said, u just need framework-res and the clock font.

OK, just did that. Seemed to work although the navbar is a bit shorter now, but no worries.

I seem to have an issue though. There's some redundant space between the clock and the ring. It seems to happen to more variants of framework-res.apk.

The result is this and somehow it didn't exactly came to look like yours.

Attachments

• QiT158I.png
    QiT158I.png
    106 KB · Views: 376

FourOne82

Jun 1, 2013
Motorola RAZR i
LG G6
This is my "res/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml", sould work with the right font.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GridLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="42.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="-8.0dip" >
		<com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:id="@id/time" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" >
			<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_clock_font_size" android:textColor="@color/lockscreen_clock_background" android:ellipsize="none" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
			<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_clock_font_size" android:textColor="@color/lockscreen_clock_foreground" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/timeDisplayForeground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignLeft="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_alignTop="@id/timeDisplayBackground" />
		</com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock>
	</LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textAllCaps="true" android:fontFamily="sans-serif-condensed" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@id/date" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textColor="#80ffffff" android:textAllCaps="true" android:fontFamily="sans-serif-condensed" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@id/alarm_status" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" />
    </LinearLayout>
	<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/status1" android:singleLine="true" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" />
	<include android:id="@id/transport" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="80.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" android:layout_marginTop="6.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" android:layout_marginBottom="-85.0dip" layout="@layout/keyguard_transport_control" />
    <FrameLayout android:gravity="bottom" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="320.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="80.0dip">
        <com.android.internal.widget.multiwaveview.GlowPadView android:gravity="top" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/unlock_widget" android:focusable="true" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:innerRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_inner_radius" android:targetDescriptions="@array/lockscreen_target_descriptions_with_camera" android:directionDescriptions="@array/lockscreen_direction_descriptions" android:outerRingDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_outerring" android:pointDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_glowdot" android:glowRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_glow_radius" android:targetDrawables="@array/lockscreen_targets_with_camera" android:handleDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_handle" android:outerRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_target_placement_radius" android:vibrationDuration="20" android:snapMargin="@dimen/glowpadview_snap_margin" android:feedbackCount="1" />
    </FrameLayout>
</GridLayout>

f3bruary

Feb 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
This is my "res/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml", sould work with the right font.
Code:
<GridLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="42.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="-8.0dip" >
		<com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:id="@id/time" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" >
			<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_clock_font_size" android:textColor="@color/lockscreen_clock_background" android:ellipsize="none" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
			<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_clock_font_size" android:textColor="@color/lockscreen_clock_foreground" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/timeDisplayForeground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="6.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignLeft="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_alignTop="@id/timeDisplayBackground" />
	</LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
        <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textAllCaps="true" android:fontFamily="sans-serif-condensed" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@id/date" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:textColor="#80ffffff" android:textAllCaps="true" android:fontFamily="sans-serif-condensed" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:id="@id/alarm_status" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" />
    </LinearLayout>
	<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/keyguard_lockscreen_status_line_font_size" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/status1" android:singleLine="true" android:drawablePadding="4.0dip" />
	<include android:id="@id/transport" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="80.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" android:layout_marginTop="6.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="@dimen/secured_lockscreen_status_side_margin" android:layout_marginBottom="-85.0dip" layout="@layout/keyguard_transport_control" />
    <FrameLayout android:gravity="bottom" android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="320.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="80.0dip">
        <com.android.internal.widget.multiwaveview.GlowPadView android:gravity="top" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/unlock_widget" android:focusable="true" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:innerRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_inner_radius" android:targetDescriptions="@array/lockscreen_target_descriptions_with_camera" android:directionDescriptions="@array/lockscreen_direction_descriptions" android:outerRingDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_outerring" android:pointDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_glowdot" android:glowRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_glow_radius" android:targetDrawables="@array/lockscreen_targets_with_camera" android:handleDrawable="@drawable/ic_lockscreen_handle" android:outerRadius="@dimen/glowpadview_target_placement_radius" android:vibrationDuration="20" android:snapMargin="@dimen/glowpadview_snap_margin" android:feedbackCount="1" />
    </FrameLayout>
</GridLayout>

Thanks, replacing that file with the code above worked. The clock is now centered. But the date is still a but pushed down by this empty area. The unlock circle is a bit too low too. Any idea what section I need to edit to raise it a bit ? Screenshot below

Attachments

• roeN9Qc.png
    roeN9Qc.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 271

FourOne82

Jun 1, 2013
Motorola RAZR i
LG G6
Thanks, replacing that file with the code above worked. The clock is now centered. But the date is still a but pushed down by this empty area. The unlock circle is a bit too low too. Any idea what section I need to edit to raise it a bit ? Screenshot below

Try to replace your font with the one in the attachment.

Attachments

• AndroidClock_Highlight.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 19

FourOne82

Jun 1, 2013
Motorola RAZR i
LG G6
Try:

Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="36.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="-8.0dip" >
	</LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    </FrameLayout>
</GridLayout>

f3bruary

Feb 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Try:

Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="36.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="-8.0dip" >
	</LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    </FrameLayout>
</GridLayout>

Great ! That did the trick. Thanks a lot !

Last edited:

DinizZ

Sep 29, 2013
It is possible ?

It is possible to achieve this configuration by editing command lines?

Attachments

• QiT158I.png
    QiT158I.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 116

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
            </LinearLayout>
    Thanks a lot, and dude, I want your lockscreen man ! Care to share ?

Just take my framework-res from here, you also need my "AndroidClock_Highlight.ttf" font for the bigger clock.
    As i said, u just need framework-res and the clock font.
    Code:
    	</LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
        </FrameLayout>
    </GridLayout>