[Q] New to Tmobile - Repair procedure question

Search This thread

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
Hey everyone,

I recently switched from Sprint to Tmobile and have a question regarding their repair procedures. I have noticed that my charging port is not working correctly as the charger cord will move and not charge the phone if not held in a certain way (found out the hard way when I woke up with a dead phone).

I know with Sprint, there were certain repair stores i would go to and have them look at it and they would give me a new or refurb phone if they found it was an issue that was caused by misuse. To my understanding with Tmobile, i can take it to any Tmobile store and have them look at it. If they see that it is a defect or an issue that wasnt caused by me physically damaging it, they will order me another one that will come in a day or so, is this correct? I have had the phone for about 2 months now.

If this is true, I plan on unrooting my phone and putting stock KK back on the phone. Is there anything else i need or should do? Thanks.

RomanHelmet

May 17, 2011
Pretty much. I just did a warranty claim on mine for GPS issues. The following applies if you are on Jump or the insurance program. I took mine into the closest tmo retail store. Mine was rooted when I went in and the rep realized it. He told me he couldn't process the claim for me since he noticed root. That's just a word of warning. So if you're rooted, take it back to stock before going in. But the guy was nice about it and just told me to unroot and take it to another store, or call tmo's technical support number. 1-877-453-1304, or 611 on a tmo phone. I suggest not calling from the phone you are trying to get fixed. I ended up calling and explained the situation to the rep. He walked me through a couple of steps and was super nice about it and processed a claim for me. I had actually done most of the things he suggested so he didn't harp on it and just took my word for it. The new phone was at my door about 12 hours later with a return mailer.

Reactions: elosogrande7076

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty much. I just did a warranty claim on mine for GPS issues. The following applies if you are on Jump or the insurance program. I took mine into the closest tmo retail store. Mine was rooted when I went in and the rep realized it. He told me he couldn't process the claim for me since he noticed root. That's just a word of warning. So if you're rooted, take it back to stock before going in. But the guy was nice about it and just told me to unroot and take it to another store, or call tmo's technical support number. 1-877-453-1304, or 611 on a tmo phone. I suggest not calling from the phone you are trying to get fixed. I ended up calling and explained the situation to the rep. He walked me through a couple of steps and was super nice about it and processed a claim for me. I had actually done most of the things he suggested so he didn't harp on it and just took my word for it. The new phone was at my door about 12 hours later with a return mailer.