[Q] Defy Stuck on boot, can't flash SBF

Search This thread

Pekempy

My phone died and now is stuck on the boot logo.
My ClockworkMod recovery is gone, so now it only has the android recovery.

Flashing update.zip doesn't work, as it's unsigned (Whiterabbit).
I can't flash a TMobile UK sbf file (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1178243) through RSD Lite, as the Bootloader says "Battery Low Can't Program", then shuts down.

I've had it on charge for 5 hours, but while on charge it keeps repeatedly booting to the motorola logo, and doesn't seem to be charging.

When plugged in to the AC Power, it comes up with an icon of the battery (Which normally shows that it s charging by showing a green bar), but only shows a question mark (http://i.imgur.com/L5FOK.png)

Is there any way I can restore my defy? As I can't use it AT ALL at the moment.

Thanks.

Last edited:

h1manshu

Oct 25, 2011
Chandigarh
your defy is not recognizing the battery... the question mark is displayed when you connect your defy with charger without a battery in it...
try changing your battery or charge the battery with a special battery charger and then try to flash..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKsxq8SeN3Q

Last edited:

Pekempy

Just an update for anyone who comes across this thread..
I took it into my local T-Mobile shop where I bought it, and they sent it off for repair.
As far as the repair centre knew, it was still under warranty. They couldn't tell it had been rooted.
So I'm happy :D Phone is already at the shop.. I would've thought they would have called, but oh well :) Maybe they will tomorrow before I pick it up.
I can finally stop using my Slow-as-hell Huawei U8110 AKA T-Mobile Pulse Mini

Here's what the Repair tracking says.

Warranty Status
In warranty

Repair cost Free of charge under warranty

Symptom Description
Electrical problem - Charging problem, battery
unit not detectig the battery (yes, the guy in the T-Mobile shop spelled Detecting wrong..)

Fault Description
- Battery - Battery meter inaccurate

Repair Description
- Replacement - SCREEN,MESH, SPEAKER, PRIMARY PORT
- Replacement - TRANSDUCER,5X15MM 32 OHM RECEIVER PAD CONTACTS
- Replacement - ASSEMBLY,BATTERY,BF5X,MIN 1500MAH/TYP 1540MAH
- Screening
- Software update

Last edited:

madhavandeffy

Feb 5, 2012
Chennai
Just an update for anyone who comes across this thread..
I took it into my local T-Mobile shop where I bought it, and they sent it off for repair.
As far as the repair centre knew, it was still under warranty. They couldn't tell it had been rooted.
So I'm happy :D Phone is already at the shop.. I would've thought they would have called, but oh well :) Maybe they will tomorrow before I pick it up.
I can finally stop using my Slow-as-hell Huawei U8110 AKA T-Mobile Pulse Mini

Here's what the Repair tracking says.
Hi dude no need to worry about that..just buy a external battery charger in electronic shop,the cost around 60 rupees only.I too faced the same issue and bought charger,charged my phone and flashed it.
Go and do it