[HELP] Completely lost and frustrated

Search This thread

Berlovich4

May 29, 2014
Im completely confused by this GT-I9070...
it seems ive tried everything and nothing works...

I wanted to upgrade my friend's GB to MIUI, downloaded the ROM, installed CWM, flashed the ROM
and the phone got stuck in bootloop.
after that i tried a couple of different ways to flash at least the stock GB firmware back,
but it got stuck in setup (Setup.apk and gapps crashing constantly)

then tried a couple of things with odin, and got completely confused and frustrated.

can anyone please help me out here (im kinda noob here in flashing with odin and stuff)
and explain how can i flash a ICS or whatever ROM that will finally work?

a ste by step walktrough would be nice

currently i somehow got back to stock recovery, tried to flash TWRP using odin, and got stuck in bootloop again.

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
You need to flash official jelly bean firmware first, look on sammobile or samsung-updates. After that you can flash any ROM you want trough CWM recovery :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Or if you want a little help, check this out! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2198341

sent with my S Advance

Reactions: Berlovich4

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
ok, can i flash it using the ordinary recovery? (stock one)
or do i have to do it via odin?

To flash the stock ROM JB (4.1.2) you need to flash with Odin. Then flash the cocore kernel so that you can get CWM. CWM will later be useful to replace the default recovery easier for you to install a Custom ROM, which you want.

Note: Flash COcore Kernel using Universal Kernel By Frapeti. Download via Playstore.
Requirements: Your device must root first.

Additional info related to how to install the Cocore Kernel, using Universal Kernel by Frapeti. Please see the thread here.

Last edited:

coffeecore

Dec 6, 2013
To flash the stock ROM JB (4.1.2) you need to flash with Odin. Then flash the cocore kernel so that you can get CWM. CWM will later be useful to replace the default recovery easier for you to install a Custom ROM, which you want.

Note: Flash COcore Kernel using Universal Kernel By Frapeti. Download via Playstore.

Additional info related to how to install the Cocore Kernel, using Universal Kernel by Frapeti. Please see the thread here.

Why flash root.zip and after that flash cocore kernel? Why not directly flash update.zip (CWM by shaan) after you have flashed stock, than you can install any ROM you want, no need to flash, reboot, flash, reboot.

TPD-21

Feb 6, 2014
Southern Borneo Island
Why flash root.zip and after that flash cocore kernel? Why not directly flash update.zip (CWM by shaan) after you have flashed stock, than you can install any ROM you want, no need to flash, reboot, flash, reboot.

Because it is a choice or to me personally as an alternative method that I use. Or may include other users while still using the stock ROM. So there is no harm in using any method, as long as our desired goals are achieved. In this case get a Custom ROM. ;)

Reactions: No-Lags

Berlovich4

May 29, 2014
I just dont get it..

I've downloaded a stock 4.1.2 firmware, flashed it using odin, everything went ok, got the green pass from odin.
As i have turned the device on, the error on the setup wizard still exist.
It seems like all of the setup wizards on all the stock firmwares i've tried are failing.
Also the device shows gapps crash error.

Any method to root the device while being unable to go to Playstore as suggested above?
or,
any method of knowing if the device is rooted or not?
my friend played a bit with the phone and maybe have rooted it somehow..

anyway, now im kinda with the stock 4.1.2 firmware, the nest step is to root, then flash the cocore kernel, am i right?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I've downloaded a stock 4.1.2 firmware, flashed it using odin, everything went ok, got the green pass from odin.
It seems like all of the setup wizards on all the stock firmwares i've tried are failing.

Any method to root the device while being unable to go to Playstore as suggested above?
or,

anyway, now im kinda with the stock 4.1.2 firmware, the nest step is to root, then flash the cocore kernel, am i right?

Do factory reset. Yes, now root and install CoCore.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TPD-21

Berlovich4

May 29, 2014
I DID IT!

Fianlly, after long hours of frustration its finally done.
Flashed root.zip I found some where, flashed temporary CWM, afterwards flashed HarshJelly,
works fine at last.

Thx for the help guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, can i flash it using the ordinary recovery? (stock one)
    or do i have to do it via odin?

I DID IT!

Fianlly, after long hours of frustration its finally done.
    Flashed root.zip I found some where, flashed temporary CWM, afterwards flashed HarshJelly,
    works fine at last.

Thx for the help guys!
    You need to flash official jelly bean firmware first, look on sammobile or samsung-updates. After that you can flash any ROM you want trough CWM recovery :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Or if you want a little help, check this out! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2198341

sent with my S Advance

Because it is a choice or to me personally as an alternative method that I use. Or may include other users while still using the stock ROM. So there is no harm in using any method, as long as our desired goals are achieved. In this case get a Custom ROM. ;)

or,

Do factory reset. Yes, now root and install CoCore.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk