All question and answers for optimus 2x

Search This thread

renmazuo274

Apr 12, 2012
Something's weird. I am currently using temasek's 135.2 and symbiosis 1.3. In some high end games like shadowgun or some mid tier (i think) games like granny smith and cytus, there are graphics bugs. Most notable ones are missing environments in both shadowgun and granny smith causing them to appear like they're floating on air or the big black squares in cytus.

Is it kernel or ROM related?

Sent from Hogwarts using my Tapatalk Owl named Optimus2x

Maggiefix

Sep 29, 2012
Maybe your choosen Ramhack is way to high, cause its taken from the graphic memory. Look into your gueste-oc app under tweaks.

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
GPS.CONF - mounting problem

Hi :) so here is my problem. I managed to change mine gps.conf and done that with "android commander". simply deleted the old file and added new one. But later i found that i did wrong, that i should use CWM in order to change it , mount system, and then change this file. So now my gps didn't work and it didn't show any icon when it is searching satellites. So it is not working, i think that my system can't see the new gps.conf file and it is useless. What can anyone suggest? how to remount the system using Android commander? i searched for that but didnt find anything useful. :confused:

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
Hi :) so here is my problem. I managed to change mine gps.conf and done that with "android commander". simply deleted the old file and added new one. But later i found that i did wrong, that i should use CWM in order to change it , mount system, and then change this file. So now my gps didn't work and it didn't show any icon when it is searching satellites. So it is not working, i think that my system can't see the new gps.conf file and it is useless. What can anyone suggest? how to remount the system using Android commander? i searched for that but didnt find anything useful. :confused:

I done that by this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/336534-s...s-performance/ , except I didn't use an "adb remount rw /system/
adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf", i done everything with "Android commander" as i wrote in the previous comment. But the phone was on. And i read that we cannot do that when it is on, so what should I do? everything was ok before,just a long waiting , but it worked until i changed the gps.conf file.. , now the phone didn't see any GPS and didn't search ANY satellites. I need somehow remount my system? or what? The phone doesn't see a GPS conf file i think, that is why it is not working anymore.
For example if you take your SD card from the phone, and add it again, the memory is refreshed, but the system memory looks like it is not.. Rebooting didn't help. Any ideas?

PapaNappa

Jan 31, 2012
Are you sure you have the gps.conf file in the right place, and it looks like in the post? (Have you replaced XY with your country code?)
It might help if you follow the instructions again: create the file on your pc and this time do push it using both adb commands (copy/paste).

Have you any backup of your old file?
Btw: my gps.conf contains only the three XTRA_SERVER* lines and works perfect (using CM10).
Maybe you remove the superfluous (?) lines and try again.

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
Are you sure you have the gps.conf file in the right place, and it looks like in the post? (Have you replaced XY with your country code?)
It might help if you follow the instructions again: create the file on your pc and this time do push it using both adb commands (copy/paste).

Have you any backup of your old file?
Btw: my gps.conf contains only the three XTRA_SERVER* lines and works perfect (using CM10).
Maybe you remove the superfluous (?) lines and try again.

I have solved this by replacing gps.conf and gps_brcm_conf.xml from one of the original ROM. :eek: changed permissions, rebooted, and now it is working. Sadly, there is no improvement when I change the gps.conf with my country settings:
gps.conf -
NTP_SERVER=lt.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276
Gps still takes ages to lock the satellites, if I am standing outside, when there is no obstacles to find a gps signal, and when I am in room near window, ..GPS can't find anything. Just searching and nothing, I tried to do like here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239713 but no improvements. Then, i came with an idea, that the file gps_brcm_conf.xml do the most important thing,,doesnt it?You can see how it looks in the attachment. Am I right that I should change this, and not the gps.conf? ...And how?

Attachments

• gps_brcm_conf.rar
    3.1 KB · Views: 7

PapaNappa

Jan 31, 2012
You probably shouldn't change anything in this file. I suppose you can't tweak anything there to give you better results.

Have you mobile data or wifi connection active?
This is, as far as I know, most important for a fast fix.
Without network, your phone can't download the current coordinates for the satellites and must collect them from the actual GPS data stream, which is very slow.

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
You probably shouldn't change anything in this file. I suppose you can't tweak anything there to give you better results.

Have you mobile data or wifi connection active?
This is, as far as I know, most important for a fast fix.
Without network, your phone can't download the current coordinates for the satellites and must collect them from the actual GPS data stream, which is very slow.

Yes, I have Wi-fi. To my way of thinking, the gps.conf file is not executable at all. The phone is using that gps_brcm_conf.xml only, in which there are also SUPL server , but not google, and port is different, also other things.. ? So maybe changing some things would help to get fixed satellites?
:confused:

PapaNappa

Jan 31, 2012
Why should the gps.conf be executable? Its just a plain configuration file, no binary or script.
How do you know what configuration files it uses?

Unfortunetaly, I have no idea about the GPS system, neither of Android nor of the P990.
Maybe some others can tell if you made some mistakes.
What ROM are you using?

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
Why should the gps.conf be executable? Its just a plain configuration file, no binary or script.
How do you know what configuration files it uses?

Unfortunetaly, I have no idea about the GPS system, neither of Android nor of the P990.
Maybe some others can tell if you made some mistakes.
What ROM are you using?

If that file would be in use, I think my GPS will fix satellites much faster (as people claimed in forum). ;)
Now using [ROM MIUI][ GB ][ | WIUI | ][ 2.10.7 ] - MULTiLanguage | 21+ | but that problem was when the phone had a stock Froyo 2.2.2 also when it has stock Gingerbread..I managed to root and try some different Roms, also tried to change that gps.conf... About 5 or more minutes to fix satellites outside , when the sky is clear. And almost no fix being in room or car. . I started to give such questions when I saw that my friend's Sony Xperia finds about 12 satellites (fix them immediately) being in house and it does that in 10 seconds.. He is not using a 3G or wifi . Just GPS.. Strange differences...:eek:

profyler

Oct 5, 2012
Sâo Paulo
If i cange my firmware to another countrie (ex: update to brazilian firmware via KDZ, a 2X bought in honk kong), will i still get the brazilian firmware future updates via OTA or just KDZ ?
im asking, because i saw people who changed their firmware to another countrie, and after that it didnt update itself anymore when a new fw arrived...

Last edited:

mondc1088

Sep 16, 2012
Do you experience FC when using google play? I am using GuesteOC v3.8 EXT3 version and symbiosis 1.3.1 kernel. I already downloaded the non-touch version of CWM v6.0.1.2 but no luck. Thanks!

Placebo2x

Nov 20, 2012
Android 2.2.2 Update

Hello, may u help me:
1. I want to update LG Optimus 2x android 2.2.2, "Software Update" is not working, it says that this is latest version. how i can update manually?

2. I've "rooted" my phone but i cant install ROM. i searched ROM manager in google play but is says that this is not compatible for my phone.

aigaming

Oct 29, 2011
Belgrade
Is there possibilty to mode stock cm10 camera to turn off auto focus while video recording?
Video camera recording on cm10 is useless because of af going back and forth :( Tnx devs

raineru

Nov 23, 2012
Just signing to say thanks to Tonyp, for the great ROM in this thread....

Gonna ask something after installing it, but turn out I cannot post there as a new member...so hoping my questions will be answered here...:fingers-crossed:

I think i successfully flashed the rom with no error as it can boot up my 2X without problem...well almost no problem, except these:

1. Whenever I went to "Gallery" and instead of showing my old pictures and video files in SD card, the phone just rebooted by itself
2. The changelog of the roms said that the rom has already pre-rooted, and i thought that too as there is SU in the 2X...but when i try to install titanium backup for restoring my back up, the app say that my phone isnt rooted....
the same notification come from smsbackup.apk too, as it says my phone hasn't been rooted.

Any response or solutions for these would be appreciated...thank you!;)

ps. sorry for the bad English, not my mother language...

Rallerbabz

May 13, 2011
I need a fast answer.

Which is the most STABLE ICS rom out there? My friend is coming in 1 hour and I need a rom to flash on his o2x.. :S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the place where you can ask questions about your LG Optimus 2X, So if you have any "beginner" question or everything else, just ask here.

Also, this place will also be a FAQ, to answer all the common questions about the phone .

REQUEST THE SENIORS TO COME HERE AND HELP REG THE SAME

For tutorials, guides and links to important files go here :
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037751

future questions if not here will be closed or moved to general
    lets keep our development thread related to development only and clean
    :D

FAQs

What is the best ROM available?
    Really depends on your needs are priorities. Totally bug-free ROMs are Froyo ROMs, and leaked stock Gingerbread ROMs. CM7 based ROMs, including MIUI, still have a few bugs. Go to appropriate threads for more details.

Can I get LG Apps and Widgets on CM7 ROM?
    No, you can't. LG apps and widgets require the LG framework, and so will not work on non-stock based ROMs.

What are kernels? Should I install custom kernels?
    It is sort of a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done by the hardware. Custom kernels provide added features such as EXT4, Voodoo sound, and many more. You can install a kernel just like you install a ROM.
    @kohos

I did the experiment today and it worked fine. Battery #1 dropped to 7%, powered off, waited 15 sec, popped in the fully charged Battery #2 and it correctly showed the 100% after boot.

I am currently recharging battery #1. When my battery#2 that my phone is using runs out of juice, I will do another experiment where I don't wait the 15sec to see if I can repeat getting the wrong battery percent value.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda premium

I just finished the second experiment and yeah, my suspicion was correct.

When I change batteries, if I wait for a while (15 sec) before putting on the spare, then the battery level is correctly displayed.

But if I put on the spare quickly without any wait in between, then the reported battery level is at whatever value it had before the last power off.

Sent from my LG-SU660 using xda premium
    You really need to read the thread before posting in it.
    I guess clearing the data for settings would be a good start.
    Hey Rusty,

ive made a kitchen rom here http://romkitchen.org/lg/?s=generator

after that i replaced the apps in /system/app with mine, then zipped again but it wouldnt boot :) ?