5200mah extended battery for under $10 review

Search This thread

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
hi all i just received a 5200mah extended battery with back cover.
after i give it its full charge i will let you all know what kind of life im getting out of it, my battery i got with the note don't even last a full day with lite use so im trying out this extended one.
the battery is 2 1/2 x the size of the original one and the battery cover is a great fit with a rubbery feel to it and standoffs just little nubs to keep the back of the phone off of the surface it is sitting on.
it took only a few days to show up and $9.39 you cant beat the price.
they also have nice cases and accessories almost all under 10 dollars.
the site is http://www.tmart.com
link to battery http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=i717

f7c72d75.png

18384c48.png

6cd6725a.jpg

15584ca4.jpg

d67ba55f.jpg

2d2bcde4.jpg

85d0021d.jpg

Last edited:

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
when the battery hits 100 percent i will start updating with drain time and all
i know with my oem battery it will be at 95 percent 10 a half hour after i take it off of the charger.

tutusinghsohi

Jul 12, 2012
keeping an eye out for more updates...

i'm a bit disappointed with the stock battery as well.. been looking for an alternate.. but i didnt really want a bulging-out battery with a whole new back cover.. ultimately, i've got no choice..

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
keeping an eye out for more updates...

i'm a bit disappointed with the stock battery as well.. been looking for an alternate.. but i didnt really want a bulging-out battery with a whole new back cover.. ultimately, i've got no choice..

it is now 6:30pm and sitting at 73 percent battery with heavy use since my phone is my main computer so wifi always on emails about 20, sms about 10, talk about 30 min, internet a lot and music 1hr.
so from 1:05 to 6:30 thats 27 percent in 5hr 25min, way better than oem.
will update a lil later on life, going to get some netflix in on the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: parthpatels007

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
27 percent loss in 5 1/2 hours, i would be charging my oem by now.
the site i got it off of is a great site and there cases are also nice and well under 10 and some under 5 with free shipping on anything.

Last edited:

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
How'd the cover fit?
Link to where you got it?
How long between order and delivery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

it was shipped out on the 8th from nj usa and arrived on the 10th, it took so long to start reviewing it because i was in tacoma with family.
the cover is tight, nice and no gaps, has a rubber style finish with a good feel.
i didnt think i would like the taper area on the battery cover but it makes it easier to hold the phone.
it is at http://tmart.com and here is a link
http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=i717
look up the cases also.

Reactions: ARTAQaf and bigbuc

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
down to 65 percent 10:00pm my time so 1:05 to 10:00 5 mins shy of 9hrs heavy use and still have over half power.
i will update tomorrow since its late and im ready for bed but all in all you can get over 18 hours easy with heavy use and over 24 hours on lite use maybe a few days.
when i say heavy use i mean the only thing i do on the pc is firmware and forum posts everything else i do on my phone, ie, netflix, youtube, music, mms sms talk, camera and also use it for music in the car and much more so im always on my phone.

Reactions: Kflan22

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
12:10am sitting at 59%
11 hours and still running strong.
This is a awesome battery.

UGART3

Oct 7, 2010
Elgin, Illinois
WOW! $9.39!!!! That's awesome but at the same time scares me. The Mugen extended battery is $95. That's a huge difference. Keep us posted on the performance after a few days. I am gonna order one right now. Even if it sucks I only spent $10 lol....I've bought bigger P.O.S. for more money so.....

keilbaca

Dec 21, 2010
Wyano, PA
WOW! $9.39!!!! That's awesome but at the same time scares me. The Mugen extended battery is $95. That's a huge difference. Keep us posted on the performance after a few days. I am gonna order one right now. Even if it sucks I only spent $10 lol....I've bought bigger P.O.S. for more money so.....

Mine was working perfect, until it just upped and died on me. It had 50% or so battery life, walked from work to the shuttle to go to the parking lot, and its completely dead.

It was only $10, but just beware, my battery only lasted a few months.

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
woke up this morning and around 9am it was sitting at 55 percent so 20 hours and less than 50 percent drop not bad

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
Mine was working perfect, until it just upped and died on me. It had 50% or so battery life, walked from work to the shuttle to go to the parking lot, and its completely dead.

It was only $10, but just beware, my battery only lasted a few months.

i have only had to return one item to tmart and that was a laser pointer but they have great customer service and exchanged it without no problems.
we get our wireless controllers, phone items and lots of other stuff from there.

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
my issue with the oem battery is i drove from tacoma wa to spokane wa a 4.5 hr drive and had my phone in my pocket the whole time, well when i got home i was sitting at 20 percent battery after only 4.5 hours and no real use.
thats why i decided to go with a extended, i figured if i even got a few more hours i would be happy but this battery went way beyond a few hours.:D

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
Got the battery to die it took 24 hours but I did a full backup using cwm and flashed 3 roms and re installed all apps with each rom install just to test them out after flashing, backups and all put a lot of stress on the phone so in all I will say its a great battery.
Screen on time for my phone was almost 10hrs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all i just received a 5200mah extended battery with back cover.
    after i give it its full charge i will let you all know what kind of life im getting out of it, my battery i got with the note don't even last a full day with lite use so im trying out this extended one.
    the battery is 2 1/2 x the size of the original one and the battery cover is a great fit with a rubbery feel to it and standoffs just little nubs to keep the back of the phone off of the surface it is sitting on.
    it took only a few days to show up and $9.39 you cant beat the price.
    they also have nice cases and accessories almost all under 10 dollars.
    the site is http://www.tmart.com
    link to battery http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=i717

f7c72d75.png

18384c48.png

6cd6725a.jpg

15584ca4.jpg

d67ba55f.jpg

2d2bcde4.jpg

85d0021d.jpg
    You know I was thinking that maybe we should be following the instructions that Mugen gives for their batteries. Maybe thats why some people aren't getting the results they expected.

Charging Instructions and Battery Care
    To fully enjoy the enhanced hi-power capabilities, You should initialize the battery. To do so, please follow 3 easy steps:

1) CHARGE BATTERY FOR 8-12 HOURS
    For the first 4-5 charges, please charge the battery in the device for 8-12 hours using the mains power adapter and with device turned on (Important: For first 4-5 charges You should charge the battery for 8-12 hours, even if Your phone is showing it is fully charged already!).

2) USE DEVICE AS NORMAL
    After each charge, please use the device as normal, until the device tells you the battery is very low, then recharge.

3) REPEAT 4-5 TIMES
    Repeat this process for 4-5 times.
    After that you can recharge the battery whenever is suitable for You, and just until Your device showing it is fully charged.
    How'd the cover fit?
    Link to where you got it?
    How long between order and delivery?

it was shipped out on the 8th from nj usa and arrived on the 10th, it took so long to start reviewing it because i was in tacoma with family.
    the cover is tight, nice and no gaps, has a rubber style finish with a good feel.
    i didnt think i would like the taper area on the battery cover but it makes it easier to hold the phone.
    it is at http://tmart.com and here is a link
    http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=i717
    look up the cases also.
    11:08 pm down to 63%

I just bought mine last night after reading this review, never even got out of bed, took me five minutes, I love technology :D

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Oh and I'm too new to post outside links, but this thread has links to websites that describe how to charge lithium batteries, which was some great stuff to learn. And links to apps that more accurately gauge your battery level by letting you manually enter the mah of your battery, and even create profiles for different sizes you may use. Please check it out.

Also I hate to mention it, but I'm new, so a thanks or two would be wonderful to have if you feel so inclined ;)

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Forgot the link sorry ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1645745