[Q] Need help upgrading hboot

Search This thread

yr0n

May 8, 2013
Dubai
OnePlus 6T
Thanks! Worked exactly as prompted :). Thanks for all the help, android 4.2.2 is awesome :laugh:.

I can't used TWRM or CWM (tried both with both problem) simultaneously with any custom ROM after I upgraded my HTC One X HBOOT from 1.12 to 1.36. The thing is I can't boot to custom recovery withoout flashing it again at fastboot and vice versa with the custom ROM. I already tried almost all of the custom ROM's available already and I can't make it work. Please help! Thanks! :fingers-crossed:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I can't used TWRM or CWM (tried both with both problem) simultaneously with any custom ROM after I upgraded my HTC One X HBOOT from 1.12 to 1.36. The thing is I can't boot to custom recovery withoout flashing it again at fastboot and vice versa with the custom ROM. I already tried almost all of the custom ROM's available already and I can't make it work. Please help! Thanks! :fingers-crossed:

Well the exact commands are 2 posts above yours.....what else can i say !

cfjhogervorst

Dec 31, 2010
where can i find custom recovery.img

hello mr Hofs

thanks for your explanation, I have the same problem with hboot.
I read this thread very carefully, maybe I am a little blind, but where can i find "custom recovery.img"

cfj

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
hello mr Hofs

thanks for your explanation, I have the same problem with hboot.
I read this thread very carefully, maybe I am a little blind, but where can i find "custom recovery.img"

cfj

You need a custom recovery so you can install a custom rom ?

http://db.tt/SPXdFfPw

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

How Can i do this with a mac?

Downgrading with a mac is also impossible if you have an s-on device

cfjhogervorst

Dec 31, 2010
where can i find custom recovery.img

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

thanks for the quick answer
In your explanation you have 4 files in the fastbootfolder, one of them is custom recovery.img
that's the file i am looking for
then i can install a custom (cm10.1)
your explanation was the most clear, so i think this is the best solution. the very best solution would be back to stock but then i drown in all the new information :eek:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011

thanks for the quick answer
In your explanation you have 4 files in the fastbootfolder, one of them is custom recovery.img
that's the file i am looking for
then i can install a custom (cm10.1)
your explanation was the most clear, so i think this is the best solution. the very best solution would be back to stock but then i drown in all the new information :eek:

Oke well the file i sent you there is a custom recovery. With that you can install CM rom. But i am willing to help you back to stock if you want to.

Reactions: cfjhogervorst

cemkarakurt

Mar 24, 2007
london
need help to update to jeely been

guys i follow all the information but on the last stage i got this can any one help me pls.
hboot 1.12
one x

sending 'zip' (12873 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.628s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) signature checki
FAILED (remote: 12 signature
finished. total time: 2.653s

Get your CID

CID getter from the playstore will do, for the easy/lazy people or do the fastboot command

Fastboot oem readcid

Once you have ypur cid you go here and get your matching firmware

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957376

And then you do this :

Rename the .zip to firmware.zip and place it in the fastboot folder

- Boot the phone to the bootloader and relock the bootloader :

Fastboot oem lock

- then put the phone in ruu mode with this command

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

(watch the capitals, this command will put the phone into a black screen with a silver HTC logo)

- then flash the firmware

Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

- you see the text on the pc screen, when it says OKE you are good. If it failed you reflash the zip right away again.

Then reboot the bootloader, unlock it, flash the custom recovery, make a full wipe and install the new JB of ypur choice and don't forget to flash its boot.img too

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
guys i follow all the information but on the last stage i got this can any one help me pls.
hboot 1.12
one x

sending 'zip' (12873 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.628s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) signature checki
FAILED (remote: 12 signature
finished. total time: 2.653s

Sure you got the right firmware for your main number ?

Fastboot getvar version-main

And did you do :

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

then flash the firmware.zip ?!

S-marty

Mar 10, 2011
Hi Mr Hofs,

Sorry to break into this ongoing thread, I'm having the same message as 'cemkarakurt', i checked de CID and downloaded the appropriate firmware, did the relock, rebootRuu and then flashed the firmware with fastboot. That's where i got the signaturemessage.

I'm stuck at the moment, read some things about Blackrose but hesitating to use that. Any help would be appreciated!

ps. i'm trying to upgrade from an older 10.1 version (march 2013) to a more recent one, seems there are some changes in the installation. I have a one s (ville).

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Hi Mr Hofs,

Sorry to break into this ongoing thread, I'm having the same message as 'cemkarakurt', i checked de CID and downloaded the appropriate firmware, did the relock, rebootRuu and then flashed the firmware with fastboot. That's where i got the signaturemessage.

I'm stuck at the moment, read some things about Blackrose but hesitating to use that. Any help would be appreciated!

ps. i'm trying to upgrade from an older 10.1 version (march 2013) to a more recent one, seems there are some changes in the installation. I have a one s (ville).

Hmm well you have to sort this in the one S forum. Im into One X's not One S's :) sorry

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Aren't the issues/solutions the same, like with this error? I understand firmware etc are different but workaround will not be very different? Thanks anyway!

I dont think indeed there is a significant difference but for all safety and less confusion i like to have a device at its own specific forum ;)

Onarbo

Mar 2, 2013
Hi, your guide to updating the hboot is great and simple, I would love to try it, but the problem is that I'm a bit afraid if i will be able to unlock the bootloader after i relock it again, because I don't have the original unlockcode.bin or the account that was used to get the unlock code. Will I be able to reunlock it with a different account and unlockcode.bin than was used for the first time?
Thanks in advance

aviatorboy

Nov 2, 2010
Get your CID

CID getter from the playstore will do, for the easy/lazy people or do the fastboot command

Fastboot oem readcid

And then you do this :

Fastboot oem lock

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

(watch the capitals, this command will put the phone into a black screen with a silver HTC logo)

- you see the text on the pc screen, when it says OKE you are good. If it failed you reflash the zip right away again.

Then reboot the bootloader, unlock it, flash the custom recovery, make a full wipe and install the new JB of ypur choice and don't forget to flash its boot.img too

Hello,

I'm S-ON with hboot 1.39, current CID 02_102, if I follow your steps will I be able to upgrade to a Jelly Bean Custom ROM such as ARHD, right?

yes or no should do it :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get your CID

Fastboot oem readcid

And then you do this :

Fastboot oem lock

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

Oke yes that's correct .....

Yep then you have it all. Also put the unlock code.bin file (the one you got in the mail from htc the first time you unlocked the bootloader) into the fastboot folder.

Follow all the steps i wrote earlier and it will be fine

How to flash ?

Open a command window from inside the fastboot folder . Hold shift and point in the folder then right click the mouse and select : open command window here

From that dos command window you type all the FASTBOOT commands.
    Hello all,

Just before anyone says, I have looked for a few hours for the answer to this question, but all of the answers are either ambiguous or too complicated for a novice like me to understand :p.

The question I have is how do you upgrade the hboot of a rooted international HTC One X (step by step). I really want to flash CM 10.1 custom ROM, and it requires a newer hboot than the one I have. I have found a tool called JBFWFlasher, which can upgrade an hboot, but it says when you go through the steps: AFTER UPGRADE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL A FULLY FUNCTIONAL NON-SENSE BASED ROM.

Obviously CM 10.1 is non-sense based, so I think this is a dead end.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance :laugh:.

Details:

Hboot: 1.12.0000
    Clockworkmod: v5.8.4.0
    Cyanogenmod: 10
    Oke yes that's correct .....

Ok, so it won't mean that I can only install Android Revolution HD? Better to be safe :).

Also, the ADT Bundle just finished downloading, and I'm extracting fastboot to C: drive at the moment. Thanks for the help, is that all I need to do? (seems too easy...) :laugh:
    Common mistake ! You need to open the command window inside that folder with the fastboot.exe file !

Like i mentioned about 2-3 posts back.

Don't double click the fastboot.exe file it does indeed do nothing !