[MOD][CWR ZIP] AOSP Lockscreen!

Search This thread

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Here it is! My #1 aggravation with this phone: the lockscreen.

What is this?
This is a Clockwork-installable ZIP that will remove the junk LG Lockscreen, and switch to the AOSP style sliding tab lockscreen.

How do I install this?
1. Put this zip file on your external SD card (do not extract it!)
2. Reboot into Clockwork
3. Select "Install ZIP from SDCard"
4. Find the "revo-aosp-lockscreen.zip" and select it. Hit install!
5. Wipe the dalvik-cache.
Your phone will take a while to boot back up after this mod, it's normal!

Pictures!

Please note: the "Emergency Calls Only" string appears to be a bug, I'll fix it here shortly. You can still make/receive calls just fine :)

Technical Information

LG's lockscreen is defined in /system/framework/android.policy.jar as AndyLockscreen.
In LockPatternKeyguardView.smali method createLockScreen (line 1947), change line 1952, and remove "Andy_" from the string.
Line 1964, remove "Andy_" also.

Donation Information
I love to develop. I don't do this for money, I do it just for the "thanks".
If you feel this ROM is the best thing since, well, whatever, feel free to donate something to show your appreciation.

Please don't feel obligated to donate, but if you feel like it, you can click the button below to donate any amount you wish to me.

If you don't want to donate, just click the "Thanks" button under this post, I sure appreciate it!

Contact Me!
Got an issue with this release? Post here!
Want to contact me privately? PM me on XDA or Rootzwiki
Twitter your thing? Follow me, @tylerfixer on Twitter

Join the official LG Revolution dev IRC channel at freenode on #lgrevolution
I'm IOMonster on IRC!

Last edited:

njKeever

Jun 16, 2011
Can't wait for this download! I thought you might have put it on Rootwiki first but I guess I'll just have to be patient. :) Thank you though, other than my random shutdowns the lockscreen is the only annoying thing about this phone I haven't been able to change!

thecubed

Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Can't wait for this download! I thought you might have put it on Rootwiki first but I guess I'll just have to be patient. :) Thank you though, other than my random shutdowns the lockscreen is the only annoying thing about this phone I haven't been able to change!
I haven't posted the download yet only because I didn't have the right update-binary...

Download coming, ETA 30 mins...

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
Thanks. Pretty cool.

So now that you've had an hour's rest, When are you doing a port of Gingerbread? ;-) Shouldn't take you more than what a week? :)

Seriously if I want to contribute for your efforts do I just do one contribution or one for each thing you've done? Also since I'm new to this, what kind of donation is typical?

nfederic

May 21, 2011
What did you use to accomplish the changes you outlined in the technical portion. Thanks, I'm having issues with that part.

thecubed

Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Thanks. Pretty cool.

So now that you've had an hour's rest, When are you doing a port of Gingerbread? ;-) Shouldn't take you more than what a week? :)

Seriously if I want to contribute for your efforts do I just do one contribution or one for each thing you've done? Also since I'm new to this, what kind of donation is typical?

Gingerbread is coming soooon :) I'm working hard on it, I've even got a test build going, but it doesn't recognize 4g and it seems to put the phone in a weird state. I'll put out screenshots as a tease here soon :)

As far as donations, anything is fine. Like I say in every post that I put a donation button on-- I'm not in this for the donations, I'm in it for fun :)

What did you use to accomplish the changes you outlined in the technical portion. Thanks, I'm having issues with that part.

Changes were accomplished using baksmali to decompile the archive (rename android.policy.jar to android.policy.zip and extract the classes.dex file, then feed it to baksmali). Once I changed the files, I used smali to re-generate the classes.dex file, and updated the zip file with WinRAR to include the new dex file.

To help me understand what was going on in the actual code, since smali is incomprehensible, I used dex2jar to turn the android.policy.jar into a bunch of .class files which were readable via JD-GUI. Once I had the gist of what was going on, the appropriate changes were made in the smali files (since JD-GUI files aren't re-compilable)

All in all, the changes took about 2 hours to do (mostly figuring out where the lockscreen was created and other miscellaneous digging comparing the decompiled source to the AOSP code)

nfederic

May 21, 2011
Do I need to make those changes myself, or does your program do that? I ask because I downloaded the file and installed it using cwm as your instructions state, but I still have the stock lock screen.
thanks!

thecubed

Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Do I need to make those changes myself, or does your program do that? I ask because I downloaded the file and installed it using cwm as your instructions state, but I still have the stock lock screen.
thanks!
Program should do that automatically...

Ah, did you download the "revert to stock lockscreen" zip on accident?
I should say "revert to stock LG lockscreen".

The "install" zip is what you want :)

nfederic

May 21, 2011
After many attempts, going back to stock, deleting downloaded files, re-downloading and installing per instructions, I still only get the stock lock. Any thoughts?

nfederic

May 21, 2011
yeah. right now my phone is booting with your decrapped rom. Ill try again once i have that finished.
Ill let you know.
thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is! My #1 aggravation with this phone: the lockscreen.

What is this?
    This is a Clockwork-installable ZIP that will remove the junk LG Lockscreen, and switch to the AOSP style sliding tab lockscreen.

How do I install this?
    1. Put this zip file on your external SD card (do not extract it!)
    2. Reboot into Clockwork
    3. Select "Install ZIP from SDCard"
    4. Find the "revo-aosp-lockscreen.zip" and select it. Hit install!
    5. Wipe the dalvik-cache.
    Your phone will take a while to boot back up after this mod, it's normal!

Pictures!

Please note: the "Emergency Calls Only" string appears to be a bug, I'll fix it here shortly. You can still make/receive calls just fine :)

Technical Information

LG's lockscreen is defined in /system/framework/android.policy.jar as AndyLockscreen.
    In LockPatternKeyguardView.smali method createLockScreen (line 1947), change line 1952, and remove "Andy_" from the string.
    Line 1964, remove "Andy_" also.

Donation Information
    I love to develop. I don't do this for money, I do it just for the "thanks".
    If you feel this ROM is the best thing since, well, whatever, feel free to donate something to show your appreciation.

Please don't feel obligated to donate, but if you feel like it, you can click the button below to donate any amount you wish to me.

If you don't want to donate, just click the "Thanks" button under this post, I sure appreciate it!

Contact Me!
    Got an issue with this release? Post here!
    Want to contact me privately? PM me on XDA or Rootzwiki
    Twitter your thing? Follow me, @tylerfixer on Twitter

Join the official LG Revolution dev IRC channel at freenode on #lgrevolution
    I'm IOMonster on IRC!
    Any way you can get my revo to print 100 dollar bills???
    Yes, simply connect the optional banknote printer addon* to your device's USB port.

* Banknote printer addon not available at this time.
    what the lockscreen is also missing is the line telling you what percentage your battery is at when charging, and what time your alarm is set for. both great things to see.

oddly enough -- or, i mean, it may not be odd, i have no idea -- both of these are there after a reboot. around the time it's done scanning your sd card, they disappear, replaced with the "press menu" and the "no RUID" lines.

thanks so much for all your work, thecubed. you've made me very happy with my first android phone!

Yeah, for whatever reason, those messages override any status messages that can get put there.
    The "press menu to unlock" text also is in the place of some notifications.

I can fix all that, but right now I'm probably going to work on a) getting wireless tether for root users ported to the phone (so we have tether working when VZW drops the free 4g tethering this week) and b) work fulltime on porting cyanogenmod

If i've got some spare time though, I'll fix the lockscreen issues...
    After many attempts, going back to stock, deleting downloaded files, re-downloading and installing per instructions, I still only get the stock lock. Any thoughts?
    Which .zip are you installing?
    I couldn't get it to work either, i installed and wiped the davik cache and rebooted only to find the stock screen. I don't have decrapped rom on my phone, is that necessary for this?

Yes. Decrapped rom is required.