Overheating Solution

Search This thread

matout7

Dec 15, 2011
I am considering buying a Z2 in the next couple of days as a gift for my wife :victory:, it is stylish, with great power

but after reading about the overheating issue( while normal usage, NOT 4K recording) of this phone and the self cracking back glass of it.
I started to have second thoughts about it:confused:

until I read in an article somewhere that this phone uses the heating pipe technology to dissipate heat ( I think the heating issue coming from poor implementation of this tech) and till now (Z3 launch around the corner) sony hasn't commented on :rolleyes:

what about having a normal TPU case on the back of it, since plastic can absorb heat from the back glass cover and dissipate it to the air, since plastic absorb and release heat faster than any glass ( some like DIY, Poor man's heat sink)

and what about rooting the phone and throttle the CPU your self by under-clocking it.

I really like this phone and I want to buy it and Sony was close, really close to craft the perfect android phone but they blew it :eek:

Also I hear that after batch 14w25, those problems disappeared, is that true ???

please help anyone :fingers-crossed:

thienvandac

Sep 13, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Great question so far, I can say to you that DEPEND on the device. some got that issue, some not, and you cant check the 13wxx or 14wxx until you open the tray(which mean you open and use the phone). Just wait after 3 Sep and see which one you prefer. Current price for z2 is around $600 and the z3 is likely $1k when it launch. Hope this help.

Croize

Mar 5, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11
I've had no overheating issues whatsoever with mine w19 iirc, under volting /clocking will of course reduce heat, I have mine set to 2ghz and a - 60 uv :)

Heya =) How can i undervolt ? Cause i would like to set mine to 2 aswell :) And can i do that in stock with only root ? :) If so please tell me how :D Thank you :)

Last edited:

styxter

Feb 20, 2013
Had no problems with my phone under normal usage. Btw no root just only stock.

If your wife is a average girl who loves shopping online, selfie picture , surfing the net, playing cute games, and Facebooking.

She will be pleased cause this phone is a stylish, beautiful, powerful to enough to her needs.

Most overheating issues are 4k video shooting and camera that was open too long to overheats. If you are playing kritika, high settings will slow the phone but normal setting is a smooth. FYI, Kritika is a high 3d game.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

matout7

Dec 15, 2011
Great question so far, I can say to you that DEPEND on the device. some got that issue, some not, and you cant check the 13wxx or 14wxx until you open the tray(which mean you open and use the phone). Just wait after 3 Sep and see which one you prefer. Current price for z2 is around $600 and the z3 is likely $1k when it launch. Hope this help.

I am expecting Z2 price to go down, once Z3 is lauched, and I am not going to pay 1k for a phone, it is not a car, it is not boat, and it is not a rocket...

Z2 is sufficient ( Great Display, Powerful Processor, Tons of ram ) and stylish
my only problem is the overheating and (rumored ) self cracking issue

matout7

Dec 15, 2011
Normal Usage

Had no problems with my phone under normal usage. Btw no root just only stock.

If your wife is a average girl who loves shopping online, selfie picture , surfing the net, playing cute games, and Facebooking.

She will be pleased cause this phone is a stylish, beautiful, powerful to enough to her needs.

Most overheating issues are 4k video shooting and camera that was open too long to overheats. If you are playing kritika, high settings will slow the phone but normal setting is a smooth. FYI, Kritika is a high 3d game.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

I have 2 kids, so beside taking selfies, there will be serious work for back camera ( at least in superior auto mode) ;)
and there always will be Facebook, instagram and twitter :silly:

and i am sure she will be pleased, now when u say
" Camera Open too Long"
too long means... 2 Minutes of continous picture taking in Superior Auto mode
or 5 minutes 4k video ( I am not going to use that ) what so ever

my problem in that when the phone in action... it tends to overheat ( Facebook, twitter, picture taking) as the reporting suggest
I am right or wrong... please help

matout7

Dec 15, 2011
yeaterday i went to the store and tried a Z2
the unit was 14w19

I was able to record 6 minutes of 4K video before the phone shuts the camera down because of overheat

from my observation, I think not all units are equals regarding all issues

- Self Cracking
- overheating
- gaps

and I think sony discovered the problems and solved them after 14w25... but it went quit about it
because I haven't seen anyone around the web complaining after build 25 and the ones after it

what do you think men :D

Croize

Mar 5, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11
That might be battery temp? My G3 ran at 50-55degC idle!

Wowa dude... my lg g2 was steady 39.. Thought even that was high... Dpends what u got running tho O.O

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

yeaterday i went to the store and tried a Z2
the unit was 14w19

I was able to record 6 minutes of 4K video before the phone shuts the camera down because of overheat

from my observation, I think not all units are equals regarding all issues

- Self Cracking
- overheating
- gaps

and I think sony discovered the problems and solved them after 14w25... but it went quit about it
because I haven't seen anyone around the web complaining after build 25 and the ones after it

what do you think men :D

How do i know what my unit is ?

matout7

Dec 15, 2011
Wowa dude... my lg g2 was steady 39.. Thought even that was high... Dpends what u got running tho O.O

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

How do i know what my unit is ?

My device is not there, 14w32, Thanks :) How do i read the numbers? 2014-Week32?

if the theory is right !!!! yes 2014 .. week 32 .. so your device was manufactured someday between Aug 4 and Aug 10 ... that is really brand new phone... hope you enjoy it

if I may ask when did you get it ... ( to test the theory of 14wXX )

thienvandac

Sep 13, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Just to support your idea, I work as a phone repair/replace in a phone accessories shop, I hear so much about self crack or do nothing and the screen just crack/broke. It is non-sense. The phone nowadays is equiped by high-quality glass not just a platis or some kind of easy-break-crytal. Be realistic and reasonable. I can give a list of more than 20 devices I use so far which never crack screen or self dead. NEVER BELIEVE in internet 100%, it is reference. If you want more information just go to any phone repair/phone shop and ask that question. Becareful otherwise everyone will laugh at your face.

matout7

Dec 15, 2011
self cracking

Just to support your idea, I work as a phone repair/replace in a phone accessories shop, I hear so much about self crack or do nothing and the screen just crack/broke. It is non-sense. The phone nowadays is equiped by high-quality glass not just a platis or some kind of easy-break-crytal. Be realistic and reasonable. I can give a list of more than 20 devices I use so far which never crack screen or self dead. NEVER BELIEVE in internet 100%, it is reference. If you want more information just go to any phone repair/phone shop and ask that question. Becareful otherwise everyone will laugh at your face.

there is alot in the internet about the self cracking back of sony... with temp suddenly go up/down because of the sudden change in temperature and because of the glass being glass

I don't own a sony, and i am looking forward to buy one... and i am just asking... the argument makes sense to me... and i am not talking about the screen
I am talking about the back glass cover

thienvandac

Sep 13, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
there is alot in the internet about the self cracking back of sony... with temp suddenly go up/down because of the sudden change in temperature and because of the glass being glass

I don't own a sony, and i am looking forward to buy one... and i am just asking... the argument makes sense to me... and i am not talking about the screen
I am talking about the back glass cover

Very well, I lack of the phrase "the back as well". There is no way like that UNLESS you record 4k video for more than 20mins(or gaming bla bla) which cause the temperature up to 50 Celsius degree or more THEN you throw in the water for cooling. THAT is the most stupid thing to do with everything not just phone. Sudden change in temperature from more than 20 Celsius degree(from 50 down to about 30) is causing crack/damage to the item. You can search for it everywhere and maybe from Chemistry or Physic class in high school. Do I say it clear?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very well, I lack of the phrase "the back as well". There is no way like that UNLESS you record 4k video for more than 20mins(or gaming bla bla) which cause the temperature up to 50 Celsius degree or more THEN you throw in the water for cooling. THAT is the most stupid thing to do with everything not just phone. Sudden change in temperature from more than 20 Celsius degree(from 50 down to about 30) is causing crack/damage to the item. You can search for it everywhere and maybe from Chemistry or Physic class in high school. Do I say it clear?

how about winter when u go from heated house to the freezing outdoors

or in the Arabian Gulf... when u go from air conditioned house to hell outdoors

and sony don't record 4K for more than 6 minutes in air conditioned room before it heats and camera shuts it self down