[ROM] [DISCONTINUED] tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod V1.4 (First U81XX ROM with OTA!!!)

Should I make a modded AOSP,.29 kernel,CM6 ROM? Or should I continue improving this?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Mar 29, 2011
What is the problem exactly? What carrier? More info needed.

Thanks for the response - as in after i used amanra recovery to wipe then install, When the phone booted wifi and bluetooth work but I get "no service" its like it doesnt know it has a SIM in it and no internet no 3G no txts no calls its jsut like market android wifi etc. nothing else and i can add APNs but they liek delete themselves after - my carrier is T-Mobile UK (was asleep when you replied my timezone is 5 hours ahead of canada).

EDIT: Also USB isn't working :/ I have a lot of problems lol should I restore the stock ROM?

EDIT 2: Also the Phone is a Huaewii U8110 (T-Mobile Pulse Mini)

Last edited:
Fix these please ?

My previous post
I hope you continue development on this ROM. I would like to suggest that the Calibration be done soon as it can be very hard trying to hit "1". I always seem to hit "2" even if I'm using the tip of my finger. The WiFi works, initially. When I take it out of a long stand-by, it stops working (I'm sitting right next to the router).

Is there anyway i can fix any/all of these problems ?

Also, does anyone know how to edit Huawei u8100 NAM settings?

Last edited:

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
My previous post

Is there anyway i can fix any/all of these problems ?

Also, does anyone know how to edit Huawei u8100 NAM settings?

I'm pretty sure that you can fix the typing problem by getting htc_ime and calibrating the keyboard. Tge wifi set it to never sleep or turn it on and off a couple of times and try to connect until it works.
I haven't heard of nam settings.

Thanks for the response - as in after i used amanra recovery to wipe then install, When the phone booted wifi and bluetooth work but I get "no service" its like it doesnt know it has a SIM in it and no internet no 3G no txts no calls its jsut like market android wifi etc. nothing else and i can add APNs but they liek delete themselves after - my carrier is T-Mobile UK (was asleep when you replied my timezone is 5 hours ahead of canada).

EDIT: Also USB isn't working :/ I have a lot of problems lol should I restore the stock ROM?

EDIT 2: Also the Phone is a Huaewii U8110 (T-Mobile Pulse Mini)

I don't think that pulse minis like this ROM try another one maybe a 2.1 ROM they have patches for pulse minis.

Sent from my U8100
Sent from my U8100

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
I really want this, it's good fast everything works but the signa lis there not a patch or anything me or you could do to get it to work?

Maybe you know how to change the emergency numbers ? On some phones u have two NAMs where you can have two numbers on the same phone basically. Also it is possible to change the emergency numbers so when your sim is used on a different network, you can call a number other than 911.

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
Maybe you know how to change the emergency numbers ? On some phones u have two NAMs where you can have two numbers on the same phone basically. Also it is possible to change the emergency numbers so when your sim is used on a different network, you can call a number other than 911.

I'm sorry I don't know D:

Sent from my U8100

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
Everythign works other than using it as a phone so please is there any fix or patch ANYTHING I can do? please tell me

If you tried the method on MoDaCo and it didn't work, I know of no patch that would fix this. I'll check @kalt_kaffe's work on TCT to see if I can make a patch.

hi can post radio.apk for vodafone 845 pls?

thanaks

It's included in the ROM, is there a problem with it?

Mar 29, 2011
If you tried the method on MoDaCo and it didn't work, I know of no patch that would fix this. I'll check @kalt_kaffe's work on TCT to see if I can make a patch.

It's included in the ROM, is there a problem with it?

Well the one on MoDaCo is obsolete because the Sweedish ROM isn't on Huaewi's site anymore as far as I know; Could you obtain a Pulse Mini and attempt to get ti to work their price jsut went £80->£60----------->£30 new so old will be less

The phone is SO slow then I put your ROM in and it was so fast!; I really want it but its theissue of being able to use it as a phone

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
Well the one on MoDaCo is obsolete because the Sweedish ROM isn't on Huaewi's site anymore as far as I know; Could you obtain a Pulse Mini and attempt to get ti to work their price jsut went £80->£60----------->£30 new so old will be less

The phone is SO slow then I put your ROM in and it was so fast!; I really want it but its theissue of being able to use it as a phone

Swedish ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kk8y9x8sr9eml5
If you looked further in the thread you would have seen this :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
strange i read the whole thing but didnt see it thank you what is drop box I may use ur libk + how can i get the stuff from ur rom onto it cos they said sound n stuff isnt working

EDIT: isn't that the wifif fix?

Last edited:

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
strange i read the whole thing but didnt see it thank you what is drop box I may use ur libk + how can i get the stuff from ur rom onto it cos they said sound n stuff isnt working

EDIT: isn't that the wifif fix?

Dropbox is web storage, 2GB free +250MB if using referral link. Instead of CMI_beta2 use my ROM. No it isn't the wifi fix it is network fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: andriodialluke
Mar 29, 2011
Dropbox is web storage, 2GB free +250MB if using referral link. Instead of CMI_beta2 use my ROM. No it isn't the wifi fix it is network fix.

That could be useful right now, so could you tell what to do in what order please?, I really appreciate it I'm gonna use your link soon and I have thanksed your posts - do we both get 250mb extra?

tahahawa

Oct 14, 2010
That could be useful right now, so could you tell what to do in what order please?, I really appreciate it I'm gonna use your link soon and I have thanksed your posts - do we both get 250mb extra?

1. download this: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=60743
  2. extract it and put it on to root of sd
  3. shut phone
  4. press vol. up and red key/end call key and and press the power key
  5. let it flash
  6. download 8110 Telenor Sweden ROM her: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kk8y9x8sr9eml5
  7. repeat steps 2+3+4+5
  8. Flash my ROM
Yes, we both receive an extra 250MB.

Mar 29, 2011
Thank you so much! I'll try this then get back to you

Hi Luke,

Thanks for registering for Dropbox! For accepting Taha Hawa's invitation, we've awarded you 250 MB of bonus space. You now have a total of 2.25 GB on Dropbox!

EDIT: you reached 8GBs yet?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2011
  1. download this: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=60743
  3. shut phone
  5. let it flash
  6. download 8110 Telenor Sweden ROM her: http://www.mediafire.com/?7kk8y9x8sr9eml5
  7. repeat steps 2+3+4+5
  8. Flash my ROM

Yay it works! thanks so much you should include that in your first post i msure other mini users have had problems

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT THIS ROM HAS CAUSED. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

NOTE: THIS IS ALL UNTESTED. THE MINUTE I FINISH, I UPLOAD. SO DON'T BE SURPRISED IF IT DOESN'T WORK.

This ROM is based on @cas_xp's, @dsixda's, @kalt_kaffe's, and @tkirton's work. A big "Thank You" goes to them.

Also a big Thank you goes to www.heylisten.org/ROM, the provider of the free hosting and the one(s) that made OTA possible. I will also be making a QR code to download it straight to your phone.

Info:
    • Android OS version: 2.2
    • ROM Name:tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod
    • Rooted (unsecured boot.img):YES
    • Rooted (Superuser.apk + su):YES
    • BusyBox installed:YES
    • BusyBox run-parts support:YES
    • DT's Apps2SD support (2.7.5.3beta04):YES
    • /data/app enabled:YES
    • Custom boot animation allowed:YES (Place in /data/local [will need to be re-signed])
    • Nano text editor installed:YES
    • Bash shell support:YES
    • /system/framework is deodexed :YES
    • /system/app is deodexed:YES (except for the htc ime)
    • ROM will wipe all data:NO
    • Zipaligned
    • Includes Wireless tether app (extra; not needed)
    • task killer tweak for speed
    • Maybe a couple of things I forgot :eek:

Download here and the update 1.3.8-1.4 here

First U8100/U8120/U8110 ROM that has OTA updates!!! WOOT!!!

Black task bar theme: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20139338/smalser.wt.zip

For those on Pulse Minis/U8110s and can't get network try the method here or follow my steps http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12585608&postcount=255

For those on V845s/U8120s try @anryl's kernels over here

Quick tips for Pulse minis etc.: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12780180&postcount=301

To-do list:
    1)Include Wifi fix
    2)OC kernel
    3)Darktremor's a2sd
    4)Radio app
    5)Calibration app
    6)flash player inclusion? NOT POSSIBLE. REQUIRES ARMv7
    7)Update System apps
    8)fix D-pad light
    9)De-odex
    Change Log:
    V1.3.8:-replaced launcher2 with launcherPro
    -Edited task killer tweaked
    -New boot animation
    -Possibly better/updated OpenGL es driver?
    -Edify scripting

V1.3.5:-Implemented OTA!!!
    -New host for files
    -Incremental updates will be started as well

V1.3.2:-Removed Titanium Backup and ROM Manager.
    -Still waiting for OTA to be possible

V1.3:-Added Titanium Backup and ROM Manager.
    -Updated ROM base to @cas_xp's wifi update beta3.
    -Closer to implementing OTA.

V1.2.5 (name not changed in ROM):-A2SD patch created
    -Experimental boot.img by @anryl released

V1.2:-Two versions, with or without A2SD
    -The A2SD includes A2SD version 2.7.5.3 beta03
    -Fixed update-script... again
    -removed A2SD version, added support

V1.1:-Fixed update-script
    -Changed name to "tahahawa's U81XX Froyo Mod V1.1"

V1:-initial release

3. shut phone
    5. let it flash
    7. repeat steps 2+3+4+5
    8. Flash my ROM
    Sorry guys, I haven't had time to work on the ROM. I will have more time soon. I am currently setting up a mirror, and figuring my way around servers. I will make some improvements such as fixing OTA and adding OC to the kernel. No, this ROM is not dead, not yet.
    Any ascend or m860 support?

S.I. 77

Unfortunately, no.