Kindle Fire 2 deleted system apps

Search This thread

killerkarp386

Feb 16, 2013
Hi I accidentally deleted certain apps on my Kindle in the /system/app/ folder using Root Explorer.
I rebooted my Kindle and it booted fine until the Lock Screen where it says slide to unlock after that its just a black screen.

I obtained all the system files from an Amazon download but i cannot install the files. I have tried using adb and programs such as droid explorer and both mention needing to set the system as
read and write but failed to complete the installation saying that
I do not have root access despite already rooting my Kindle.

I am wondering if there are any other ways I can install the apk files back to my Kindle or restore it to a usable state.

Thanks in advance!

FreeMooCow

Feb 18, 2013
Hi I accidentally deleted certain apps on my Kindle in the /system/app/ folder using Root Explorer.
I rebooted my Kindle and it booted fine until the Lock Screen where it says slide to unlock after that its just a black screen.

I obtained all the system files from an Amazon download but i cannot install the files. I have tried using adb and programs such as droid explorer and both mention needing to set the system as
read and write but failed to complete the installation saying that
I do not have root access despite already rooting my Kindle.

I am wondering if there are any other ways I can install the apk files back to my Kindle or restore it to a usable state.

Thanks in advance!

So once you slide to unlock you get nothing but a black screen? What files did you erase from your system folder? If you know which ones try to plug in your kindle fire to your computer and use your computer to put the files back into the system folder where you erased them. That is what I would try to do first.

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
So once you slide to unlock you get nothing but a black screen? What files did you erase from your system folder? If you know which ones try to plug in your kindle fire to your computer and use your computer to put the files back into the system folder where you erased them. That is what I would try to do first.

He said he has no adb and no root.....

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1

Paul.D

Jun 25, 2013
Hey

hey guys I have had the same problem last night,, when I was cleaning my KF2 from some apps, I decided as I am not using the KF store to delete it, went in the root explorer and deleted something belongs for amazon like the app store and other app called "website.. cant remember the other word"
yeah, well after I finished, went out from root explorer, something was working normally and other apps and things were saying that it stopped working "wait or quit".
so, then I turned it off then on, but it only showing "kindle fire" loading, but even if I leave it for hours it just shows as its loading... and with the screen going Dark and grey at some points.
heard that I need to do hard reset for 20 second and didn't even work for 30-40 seconds too, can't get it to read it on PC..
tried to contact them on their forums lol they said I need to buy something before I get the chance to ask a question.."seriously I was amazed by the amount of this BS" because my country isn't supported for any amazon service, even if I tried to buy using a credit card it won't let me.
I hope you guys have any idea about this issue, else it's going to garbage after 3 weeks usage...

Paul.D

Jun 25, 2013
You need a factory cable otherwise known as a fast boot cable.

Start reading.

Start here and browse all the forums for your device BEFORE MESSING WITH ANYTHING!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2228539

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

not sure what is that, I am not pro in these stuff, but where can I find a factory cable?
yeah sure, I am not messing with it cause it can't even open.. it been showing "kindle fire" on the screen for hours now
it can't finish loading process. so, until it turns on 100% the computer will not read it and I can't then open its memory and get to paste needed files.

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Hold the power button until it shuts off (could take up to two minutes but it WILL shut off). It won't turn on 100% because you removed critical files. You can only restore back to stock.

Try googling skorpn factory cable.

I understand you are new but you might want to read/search (xda rule #1 when you signed up) so you can learn. All of the answers I have are here for the taking.

I'll be glad to keep pointing you in the right direction but don't expect a straight answer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts