screen goes black after rebooting

Search This thread

khan12343

Feb 26, 2014
new delhi
Everything was going fine i made up my mind to install blackout rom today i downloaded and installed in the end of installation it says click finish to reboot installation complete i clicked n phone reboot htc logo comeup then screen goes black

before this rom i was using SVHD rom ...soo after this problem i go back to flash SVHD n guess what i faced the same problem with SVHD too

i cleaned cache dlvk reset n all that but nothing happened help me out

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Everything was going fine i made up my mind to install blackout rom today i downloaded and installed in the end of installation it says click finish to reboot installation complete i clicked n phone reboot htc logo comeup then screen goes black

before this rom i was using SVHD rom ...soo after this problem i go back to flash SVHD n guess what i faced the same problem with SVHD too

i cleaned cache dlvk reset n all that but nothing happened help me out

Do you have S-Off?

khan12343

Feb 26, 2014
new delhi
If you are S-OFF that will stay. So you can flash a custom recovery and a rom. You might need to use the PD98IMG way to flash the recovery if you do not have eng s-off

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

thanks ill try :)
one more things sir why we have to downgrade why cant we do it simply reason behind it

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
one more things sir why we have to downgrade why cant we do it simply reason behind it

The reason why the downgrade was needed was because, Someone would want to root his or her device without changing the rom. In this case, the loop hole that made rooting possible was closed in the 2.3 update. So if you were to try and root your device with the 2.3 rom, it would fail. In order to achieve the root previllage, you had to downgrade to an android version where the loop hole that allows the phone to be rooted is still available.

But in your case, if you want to flash a custom rom, there is no need to downgrade. All you need to do is flash a recovery by the PD98IMG.zip way.

Or to flash it using the fastboot commands from pc, you could flash an ENG-HBOOT via the PD98IMG.zip in bootloader then use your pc(fastboot commands ) to do whatever you want.

Got it now?

Reactions: khan12343

khan12343

Feb 26, 2014
new delhi
The reason why the downgrade was needed was because, Someone would want to root his or her device without changing the rom. In this case, the loop hole that made rooting possible was closed in the 2.3 update. So if you were to try and root your device with the 2.3 rom, it would fail. In order to achieve the root previllage, you had to downgrade to an android version where the loop hole that allows the phone to be rooted is still available.

But in your case, if you want to flash a custom rom, there is no need to downgrade. All you need to do is flash a recovery by the PD98IMG.zip way.

Or to flash it using the fastboot commands from pc, you could flash an ENG-HBOOT via the PD98IMG.zip in bootloader then use your pc(fastboot commands ) to do whatever you want.

Got it now?

its done why am not able to use blackout rom ...screen goes black after rebooting ...n if i try to to flash any other rom after blackout same problem occurs ..why is that

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes sir
    i have soff

i installed stock rom back.... do i have to downgrade again to root my htc ?

last time i downgrade then able to s off and root by ace hack tool kit

is there any difference in stock n custom rom battery backup

You could flash a custom recovery through bootloader and then flash a custom rom. without downgrading.

If you are S-OFF that will stay. So you can flash a custom recovery and a rom. You might need to use the PD98IMG way to flash the recovery if you do not have eng s-off

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Got it now?