(Rom)(Official) 2.17.605.2 Verizon Global Sense4.1 Android 4.0.4

Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
how has this been running for those (or anyone) whose running it?

jtdogblue

Aug 25, 2011
IE
I got a "FAILED (remote: not allowed)" when trying to fastboot the boot, but I downloaded the RUU renamed it and flashed it through hboot that way. But when rebooted I only get the HTC splash screen, then a black screen with the backlight on, then the hardbuttons light up, then it rebooted, did the same thing, but now the screen turned off and won't come back up..

I verified the hboot flashed sucessfully as I can still acess that. I can also get into recovery, and a superwipe+re install didn't change anything. I'll try downloading it again to see if it changes.

EDIT: OHHHHHHH, BOOT.IMG is the KERNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flashed and it's working :)

Last edited:

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
Thanks guys well I flashed this coming from viper full wipe with NO boot.img flash and it started up just fine

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

And everything works

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
Thanks guys well I flashed this coming from viper full wipe with NO boot.img flash and it started up just fine

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

And everything works

Right, Viper uses the same boot.img from stock ROM, so this makes sense.

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
Gotcha so I can restore my stock rom nand coming from viper full wipe?

If you made a nandroid using CWM it automatically makes a backup of your boot partition. In TWRP, you can check a box to enable backing up the boot partition. So, to answer your question:
A) CWM: you can restore your nandroid coming from any ROM and the boot partition will be overwritten with the stock boot.img
B) TWRP:
  1. Boot partition backed up - you can restore your nandroid coming from any ROM and the boot partition will be overwritten with the stock boot.img
  2. Boot partition not backed up - you can restore your nandroid coming from ROMs based on stock 2.17.605.2

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Can't flash this ROM. Help?

Attempting to revert to stock from CM10.1 so I can enable GPS.

Using TWRP 2.5.0.0 - Wiped Dalvic, Cache and System. Also ran "Reset to factory defaults".

Install, select ROM (stored on SDCard), receive error:
"E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download..."
"Error flashing zip: /sdcard/download/fireball....."

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
Attempting to revert to stock from CM10.1 so I can enable GPS.

Using TWRP 2.5.0.0 - Wiped Dalvic, Cache and System. Also ran "Reset to factory defaults".

Install, select ROM (stored on SDCard), receive error:
"E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/download..."
"Error flashing zip: /sdcard/download/fireball....."

From a command prompt where adb is available, and with your phone booted up (either CM or recovery), verify the MD5 of the package while it is on your SD card:
Code:
adb shell "md5sum /sdcard/download/fireball_2.17.605.2_RLS1.zip"

If the MD5 is correct, try to use an older version of TWRP. TWRP 2.3.3.0 seems to be the most universally compatible recovery.

EDIT: Judging by the title of this gerrit (which was fixed after 2.5.0.0 was released) and by the looks of your error message, there might be an incompatibility with 2.5.0.0. Do give 2.3.3.0 a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: altayh

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
From a command prompt where adb is available, and with your phone booted up (either CM or recovery), verify the MD5 of the package while it is on your SD card:
Code:
adb shell "md5sum /sdcard/download/fireball_2.17.605.2_RLS1.zip"

If the MD5 is correct, try to use an older version of TWRP. TWRP 2.3.3.0 seems to be the most universally compatible recovery.

EDIT: Judging by the title of this gerrit (which was fixed after 2.5.0.0 was released) and by the looks of your error message, there might be an incompatibility with 2.5.0.0. Do give 2.3.3.0 a try.

That was the issue, thank you! MD5 matched. Flashed down to TWRP 2.3.3.0 and made a fresh backup, was able to flash without issues after that.

joesee

Jul 22, 2007
boot.img

Hello, does anyone have the boot.img from this file? I made a backup of my stock rooted 2.17.605.2 rom but since I don't have S-OFF (and having another issue trying to get help to overcome) I can't restore my stock backup without flashing the boot.img manually. Would REALLY appreciate it if anyone had it to save me downloading an entire large ROM like this. Thanks!!

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
Hello, does anyone have the boot.img from this file? I made a backup of my stock rooted 2.17.605.2 rom but since I don't have S-OFF (and having another issue trying to get help to overcome) I can't restore my stock backup without flashing the boot.img manually. Would REALLY appreciate it if anyone had it to save me downloading an entire large ROM like this. Thanks!!

use my kernel, it has a boot.img that will make sense 4 better, stock boot.img is here : http://d-h.st/LLH that link is from venom thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SbrissenMod-Icon.jpg

Presents

Leaked 2.17.605.2

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Features:

• Android Version: 4.0.4
    • Sense Version: 4.1
    • Build Version: 2.17.605.2 Release-Keys
    • Enables world phone (gsm) function (untested by me)
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted w/ SuperSU (chainfire)
    • Added TIBU
    • Completely Stock otherwise

Installation Instructions:

• Download rom and boot.img
    • be HTCDev unlocked
    • have fastboot/adb installed on computer
    • have twrp installed
    • move rom to sdcard
    • move boot.img to folder that contains fastboot (if fastboot is not in your PATH or bash)
    • backup in recovery
    • wipe data/factory reset
    • flash rom
    • reboot to bootloader (hboot)
    • install the new boot.img, syntax:
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • reboot

FAQ

Q: Will there be a UKB version of this rom (cleaned up/modded stock)?
    A: Now that its official? Probably.

Q: Will ViperLTE be rebased to this?
    A: Yes, I plan to update it to this.

Q: Can I have the RUU?
    A: Not from me, but I assume Football might release it at some point.

Q: Can I use this as a base for my own rom?
    A: Of course, go right ahead.

Q: Do you have an official changelog?
    A: Nope, sorry.

Credits:

Football for the leak
    Chainfire for SuperSU
    Jesusfreke for smali

Download:

***You are installing custom firmware on your phone, and assume all liability for anything that happens***

Rom: http://d-h.st/trx
    md5checksum: 0b2991ecc57baf88b84e6cf329fed5c2

Kernel: http://d-h.st/LLH
    md5checksum: 9e0bec176f67488a3f5ca5287ef2fd0a

Just hit the thanks button if this helps you out!
    According to Droid-Life the support docs are now up o n Verizon for this new version. It includes the global roaming and Isis support. There is also a Verizon diagnostics program, improved 4G connectivity, improved WiFi connectivity, Tango support and Visual Voice Mail will show in the applications list.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/1...des-global-roaming-support-for-isis-and-more/

Direct link to support docs:
    http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/droidincredible4glte_instructions.pdf
    should us non-rooted people install this update???

I wouldn't.

just because it has a new hboot.

it would be really bad if they find a root exploit finally for out old hboot and then everyone updates to the new OTA with new hboot..
    Probably but I would wait for it to be done with this framework and not the older one.

these MODs can be made, once I get some time, if they aren't made by someone else yet, I'll do it :)
    This is what I have as I believe the last version of Viper that was put out for our phones. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6afmcxn0zovtuwi/VIPERlte_2.2.0.zip?dl=0

The firmware I have is the 2.19.605.2 (modded without the red warning) but it works fine for me every time I flash Viper. https://www.dropbox.com/s/lixzeg410trnjiv/Mod_FW_2.19.605.2.zip?dl=0

PS: If you have problems flashing this it might be the recovery so I'm including the last version of TWRP that I know worked well for this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/o041xd61liqkfsz/twrp-2.4.3.0-fireball.img?dl=0