No Reason Why this Feature is not available from ICS or Chrome beta browser for ICS 4

Search This thread

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
but yet it still is. :| providing further reason to stay with Windows.

sgopdd.jpg

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Why not just use another method? There are tons of apps for android to allow you to make free phone calls from the prime. There might be a way around doing it through browser. I never really messed with the Google one.

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
I wouldn't be waisting my time complaining here if there was other alternates. there is no other service out there that offers free VOIP phone calls through the US except Google's phone through Gmail.

Google Gmail phone is the first of its kind that I seen since the old phonefree.com and Net2Phone offering free VOIP calls, although those had limits, Google has no limits for US callers.

For the life of me I can't figure out why this is not available to a Google Android operating system. If they at the very least designed Chrome Beta like the Windows Chrome browser, the service would be available. But no!!! Chrome Beta and ICS Browser are like imitation browsers compared to the browsers on the Windows platform that these services are usable on.

Oct 15, 2007
Omaha
Because carriers dont want you to be able to easily make voip calls they want you to buy more minutes from them. Androids sucess and profitability depends on the carriers selling phones running android.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Reactions: benefit14snake

Col.Kernel

Jul 21, 2010
Gee, it's too bad there are no alternatives that allow you to make free VOIP calls.

Something like SIPDroid sure would be handy. Well if you can't get SIPDroid on your Prime maybe there is another possibility (or 5).

Maybe if you'd ask about something rather than just gripe and moan, assuming that it can't be done, you'd get some assistance rather than a dose of sarcasm.

You might not want to try to set up a SIP provider though. It will take some research, some reading, and you might have to <gasp> Google for some information. Nevermind the possibility of searching on XDA for information.

People say I'm critical, but that's part of critical thinking. That's a skill you may want to try to develop.

pileot

Oct 16, 2010
sorry, im with Kernel on this one.... complaining about **** is not the way to get help. If you had instead posted something like "Hey guys! any of you know how to make free VOIP calls through android like i can through gmail on my computer?" that might have yeilded some results. or just GOOGLE voip calls through android and you get dozens of results.

Instead you come here and cry because its not already done for you. Sorry, no sympathy from me. There ARE ways to get help, this is not one of them.

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
sorry, im with Kernel on this one.... complaining about **** is not the way to get help. If you had instead posted something like "Hey guys! any of you know how to make free VOIP calls through android like i can through gmail on my computer?" that might have yeilded some results. or just GOOGLE voip calls through android and you get dozens of results.

Instead you come here and cry because its not already done for you. Sorry, no sympathy from me. There ARE ways to get help, this is not one of them.

crying about someone else crying is real good too right. :rolleyes: GTFO.

Top Liked Posts