[ROM][LF6] Android Open Kang Project _Milestone 6_ This one 's for the purists

Search This thread

netsyd

Jul 3, 2006
so you went and flashed the kernel and changed to 1836 and that's it ... everything works no other tweaking needed?

I didn't even change anything. Had RC2 OC at 1836 (no voltage changes at all - running smartass v2). Rebooted to recovery, nandriod backup, flashed RC4, rebooted.

CPU Master set the speed on boot. No problems.

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
When I run the KingKang 5 Kernel (With this AOKP rom) I can't seem to get the phone to go into deep sleep after unplugging it from the charger. If I reboot it deep sleeps fine. Anyone else notice this? (The same is true with the h0tw1r3 R4 kernel)

Side note: It was nice to find BLN support in the KingKang Kernel 5, or is it KKK 5 ? lol...

Last edited:

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
Dagr8, when I'm talking on the phone and need to look up a number or go on the web, the display blinks and I am unable to navigate the phone while the blinking occurs. Is this a from issue or gapps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Ph0n3D0rk

Jun 6, 2012
Jersey
When I run the KingKang 5 Kernel (With this AOKP rom) I can't seem to get the phone to go into deep sleep after unplugging it from the charger. If I reboot it deep sleeps fine. Anyone else notice this? (The same is true with the h0tw1r3 R4 kernel)

Side note: It was nice to find BLN support in the KingKang Kernel 5, or is it KKK 5 ? lol...

To test this, I flashed the KKK5 kernel as you say and have not yet reboot. I installed CPUspy to show if the phone enters deep sleep and for how long. Will deliver results as soon as possible. :)

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I also have BLN activated. :p So should be able to see how that affects Deep Sleep as I like that as well haha :)

Ph0n3D0rk

Jun 6, 2012
Jersey
ad367303-eb3c-ad82.jpg
Mine seems to enter deep sleep but perhaps I am doing something differently or not performing an accurate test somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
Mine seems to enter deep sleep but perhaps I am doing something differently or not performing an accurate test somehow.

Try plugging the phone into a charger and shut the screen off. wait 1 minute and remove from charger. The see if it'll go into deep sleep... Mine deep sleeps fine unless I use a charger..

Thank you so much for testing for me!

bailey1

Feb 14, 2008
Champaign, IL

Are you using a usb port (not wall, computer plug in) to charge? If so that is a well known issue with this phone that has yet to be resolved.

Sent from CM9'ed Note, OC'ed and XDA Premium.

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
Are you using a usb port (not wall, computer plug in) to charge? If so that is a well known issue with this phone that has yet to be resolved.

I am using a desk dock that is power from the wall adapter that came with it..

I will go back and test this with the stock Samsung wall charger and see what I come up with. Thanks for the tip!

bailey1

Feb 14, 2008
Champaign, IL
I am using a desk dock that is power from the wall adapter that came with it..

I will go back and test this with the stock Samsung wall charger and see what I come up with. Thanks for the tip!

Yep thats your problem. Samsung still hasnt fixed it, basically anything not a wall charger directly causes no deep sleep and you must reboot to fix.

omniphil

Feb 27, 2008
Yep thats your problem. Samsung still hasnt fixed it, basically anything not a wall charger directly causes no deep sleep and you must reboot to fix.

Yup, you are right. I just tried the stock wall charger and it went to deep sleep afterwards...

I don't remember this issue when I was running the stock rom however? I've always used that desk charger at work...

soapbox23

May 5, 2011
NJ
I know back in GB, the phone wouldn't enter deep sleep if you unplugged from the charger while the screen was off. What you could try is when you're done charging the phone, wake the screen up, then unplug. I haven't tested this myself but it's worth a shot.

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to say that this is the bestRom i have ever flashed on the phone.

I've tried them all and this is the smoothest, most consistent/reliable daily driver. Not to mention it's so feature rich!!

Just wanted to say thanks to all who made this possible :)

Yuongn

Nov 9, 2011
Just wanted to say that this is the bestRom i have ever flashed on the phone.

I've tried them all and this is the smoothest, most consistent/reliable daily driver. Not to mention it's so feature rich!!

Just wanted to say thanks to all who made this possible :)

Better then king kang? I'm on it now and think it's pretty phenomenal.

nellycruzz

Oct 24, 2011
rowlett,tx
Hey guys it seems that I also am getting ppl calling me but phone never rings then it shows I have missed calls. Anyway to fix that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    (not completely actual)
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png

1. Everythign in this build was built from the ground up including the Kernel using Cyanogen's source
    2. Make sure you are on latest TWRP2.2.1 or latest CWM ( you can use Rom manager to update it or do this
    3. MAKE A NANDROID
    4. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    5. flash ROM
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Current build _ MILESTONE 6 _

Mirror 1

Current gapps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Credits:
    • sixstringsg
    • h0tw1r3
    • Cyanogenmod
    • Other people I'm sure I'm missing, PM me if you should be on the list.
    contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to sixstringsg
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Of course yall know how to donate to ME if you feel like it . :good:

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Note: Some changes are still on their way through gerrit, so the I717 will not be buildable via source yet.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    one more yay
    just in case ..
    and yes its uploading , link will be up in about an hour .
    Lets keep it clean ..

What Jamied81 is doing is awesome forthe users who want a taste or hitching to flash new stff ....

until i can get a stable build , and since aokp willbe adding i717 to to aokp 's list of supported device most probably the next release will be something official unlessi can get it VERY stable beofrethey get official in the meantime enjoy jamie's work or stick to the basic ..

please dont compare roms , use the one that suits you most or use 2 iof them if you have to...