Magnetic charging problems

Search This thread

buckfyter

Feb 14, 2007
Hi All,

I got myself a Magnetic dock, charging cable and a power jacket. All of ebay and now sony articles.

Charging is a nightmare with all of them.

Either it doesn't charge at all or charging is intermitant.

Does anyone know if the magnet has any other function but keeping the charger connected, or does it trigger a switch?

Well hope to hear from you all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6903 met Tapatalk

buckfyter

Feb 14, 2007
II just put it in the dock connected to a charger (sony output 1500mA) and after a while there was a message on the screen that the system was not charging.

Do I need a higher output mA?

Do you know which connector is which (+/-) so I could try with wires to try to figure out what is wrong.

zionnomonus

Dec 14, 2010
You are using it with a charger right and not connected to a computer or any other unit besides the charger? As the magnetic charger is only designed for use with a charger and not an ordinary usb device (As a usb on a computer). The magnet in the middle holds the cable and phone together, whilst the the two dots on the sides of the magnet works as the charging source +-.

If you got a cheap magnetic charger cable/dock handy so can you open up the cable on that one to see which one is +- as they usually are color coded under the isolation cable. Then track them back to the +- on the charger connector and then you know.

buckfyter

Feb 14, 2007
Yes i am using a charger. I will proceed with opening up the dock. Thanks for the reply

buckfyter

Feb 14, 2007
The strange thing is that the led blinks orange as if it starts and stops charging all the time

zionnomonus

Dec 14, 2010
Hmm that's odd.
Are you sure that the phone sits securely in the dock or that the charger is connected correctly? You can try to clean the ports on both the phone and charger with some paper, then turn the phone all the way off and then while it is off connect it to the charger to see if it will charge normally then. If that does not help, try to contact Sony support as it most likely is something wrong with either the charger cable and/or dock or the phone itself.

buckfyter

Feb 14, 2007
even when turned off it won't charge..... Dock and cable are all chinees imitation..... might not fit... will give it a try with bare metal connections (just wires) and see what happens.

cyrom

Jan 22, 2012
makati
I purchased an original dk31 from sony and my phone charges perfectly

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zionnomonus

Dec 14, 2010
So they are not official Sony chargers? Then the problem most likely lays there as copycats some times are made with a poor cable type which does not send the correct amount off power to the unit. I would recommend you to try with an official magnetic charger from Sony, as some copycats can even hurt the unit itself. But thats what I would have done though.

buckfyter

Feb 14, 2007
The charger is original, the dock and cable are chinees.... Will proceed with testing and keeping you posted.

samsonslatebook

Nov 27, 2013
I purchased an original dk31 from sony and my phone charges perfectly

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can someone tell me what is the amperage of the magnetic port ? Or how long does it takes to charge 0% to 100% the device? I'm considering buying it because micro-usb take more than 2hours !

Envoyé de mon C5303 en utilisant Tapatalk

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
Can someone tell me what is the amperage of the magnetic port ? Or how long does it takes to charge 0% to 100% the device? I'm considering buying it because micro-usb take more than 2hours !

its not the magnetic port, its the charger itself

the magnetic cable is jus a very easy way of charging

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

I have N7 so I'm using that charger (it's 2.0)
And when I'm charging using magnetic cable, battery is charged in one hour (+/- few mins)

Same charger, micro USB hour and a half, sometimes even longer.

I guess it's because magnetic port is for charge only (I'm not professional so I could be wrong but facts are facts)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

dodimo

May 31, 2010
Hi my magnetic port just stopped working I'm using original Sony cable. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app