[ROM][KANG]Cyanogenmod 7&9 KANG builds Captivate

Search This thread

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
I hope you guys download the **** out of the new build.....cuz it's been 3 days of banging my head against the wall just to get captivate to even build.....

#notpissedatall

/sarcasm

:eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's bizarre, dude.

They just overhauled the build process to include inline kernel building (as opposed to using a prebuilt kernel), and I'm not sure if anything in stock kernel actually changed, but it may be worth a try, At the very least, you should be able to raise your minimum cpu speed to avoid SOD.

Took me a while to get it figured out, too.

Just did an update, and at least for the crespo, it pulled down the kernel source on it's own. Now I am away from home, and will have to wait to test for other devices.

I really need to work on my ssh keys, and make my ssh available to myself from anywhere.

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Took me a while to get it figured out, too.

Just did an update, and at least for the crespo, it pulled down the kernel source on it's own. Now I am away from home, and will have to wait to test for other devices.

I really need to work on my ssh keys, and make my ssh available to myself from anywhere.

It's def gonna be a PITA for me to fix crespo.... #techdiff

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
It's def gonna be a PITA for me to fix crespo.... #techdiff

I just had to delete my device folder, I had it all changed.

You building the "stock" cm kernel or a different one?

I'm going to have to find all of the new changes/setting and have a long look at them.

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
I just had to delete my device folder, I had it all changed.

You building the "stock" cm kernel or a different one?

I'm going to have to find all of the new changes/setting and have a long look at them.

I haz no kernel skillz. I just build mainline.

hayslett4

Oct 1, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Bluetooth Commands

Has anyone else experienced a drop in the volume of the bluetooth voice command telling you when to, "Speak Now..." since moving from CM7 to CM9? I've tried the standard CM9 Rom and the Kang builds, and I've tried changing kernels to Glitch. I've tried different settings with the DSP manager and bluetooth settings with the stock kernel, then tried Voodoo settings with Glitch. I can barely hear the voice, but the call volume is fine and I hear every "beep" when I press a button on the headset. I've tried a Jabra headset and now I have the Jawbone. Am I missing something?

aehlayel

Sep 19, 2010
Amman - Jordan
Viber Blues..

Hey Guys,

I'm having troubles with Viber, I get unidirectional audio.. I can hear people talk, but my audio doesn't get transmitted. No one can hear me.
It's not a network issue, I have other Android phones using the same Wifi network and work properly.
I'm using the latest CM7 Kang, 19042012, but it's been going on for quite a while.
I've tried going to Glitch's 13.1 kernel and I do get the same results, it doesn't work..

Any thoughts on this? Is anyone else experiencing the same?

I'd appreciate any feedback on how to get this working..

-aehlayel

visionlogic

Dec 29, 2008
Dixie
I clearly don't understand the problem well. Somebody explain it to me in 30 words or less, so I can be on the lookout for related cherries...
:D

Current thinking / nutshell version: for file transfer ICS uses MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), prior versions used UMS (USB Mass Storage). Connect ICS Cappy to PC via USB to transfer file(s) and you MAY have both MTP and UMS simultaneously accessing your internal SD (aka mmc0, aka movinand chip). If so you may have permanently killed it, which will reveal itself on the next reboot.

Sorry, more than 30 words.

Reactions: Big Dog KMc

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Current thinking / nutshell version: for file transfer ICS uses MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), prior versions used UMS (USB Mass Storage). Connect ICS Cappy to PC via USB to transfer file(s) and you MAY have both MTP and UMS simultaneously accessing your internal SD (aka mmc0, aka movinand chip). If so you may have permanently killed it, which will reveal itself on the next reboot.

Sorry, more than 30 words.

Until someone experiences the issue while running my build, it's impossible to take it extremely seriously; especially given the small sample size of reports. I understand the fear of harming your device...but this seems like an avoidable problem, even if it actually is "REAL". I almost never usb my phone to computer. Seems like knowing what the potential "issue" is makes it pretty avoidable.

I sent an email to one of the CM guys. No guarantee that I'll hear back, though.

visionlogic

Dec 29, 2008
Dixie
Until someone experiences the issue while running my build, it's impossible to take it extremely seriously; especially given the small sample size of reports. I understand the fear of harming your device...but this seems like an avoidable problem, even if it actually is "REAL". I almost never usb my phone to computer. Seems like knowing what the potential "issue" is makes it pretty avoidable.

I sent an email to one of the CM guys. No guarantee that I'll hear back, though.

Understood, and I agree. Your skill and builds are much appreciated and not in question. The Google implementation of MTP in ICS is.

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
I just want to learn how to make it build my kernel inline :)

That was my thinking too. :)

Need to figure out where it calls it. I moded it once to pull a zimage I built, but then they changed something, and it now isn't where I put it.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_build/commit/a682034b7fa19872213264f092182c9bbf9b8d13

Some of the info I found on it. Looks like it should be possible to make it build from any kernel source folder and defconfig.

Reactions: sixstringsg

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
Frankly...I don't understand why inline kernel building became such a priority. What was wrong with the prebuilt protocol to begin with? All it did was screw everyone up for a few days and resulted in the exact same build, as best I can tell...meh

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Frankly...I don't understand why inline kernel building became such a priority. What was wrong with the prebuilt protocol to begin with? All it did was screw everyone up for a few days and resulted in the exact same build, as best I can tell...meh

It just makes nightlies that much more current.

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
how so?

The ones working on pushing updates to the kernels only have to push the updates to git, not go through getting the prebuilt zimage merged in.

As soon as a new feature/fix is added to the kernel source you can pull it, just like the rest of the rom, now. :D

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
The ones working on pushing updates to the kernels only have to push the updates to git, not go through getting the prebuilt zimage merged in.

As soon as a new feature/fix is added to the kernel source you can pull it, just like the rest of the rom, now. :D

I see ur point. I'm not a kernel guy, like you and Six...so I guess my perspective is a bit narrow. :eek:

Jun 9, 2010
Has anyone else experienced a drop in the volume of the bluetooth voice command telling you when to, "Speak Now..." since moving from CM7 to CM9? I've tried the standard CM9 Rom and the Kang builds, and I've tried changing kernels to Glitch. I've tried different settings with the DSP manager and bluetooth settings with the stock kernel, then tried Voodoo settings with Glitch. I can barely hear the voice, but the call volume is fine and I hear every "beep" when I press a button on the headset. I've tried a Jabra headset and now I have the Jawbone. Am I missing something?

I have experienced this as well. The voice command is barely audible. It has led to some awkward situations...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

lownox

Aug 26, 2008
lownox KANG Builds

OK... I may have crossed over. LOL

There is a clean CM9 build found HERE

Really wishing the epicmtd wasn't such a pita though. Can't even get a stable cm7 KANG built. /cry

Reactions: simple man

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
I readily admit that I don't understand or necessarily "believe" in the sdcard mount "issue" that some are concerned about.... However, I noticed that there was recently merged "aries-common: Switch emmc and sdcard". Not sure if it's even relevant. It may not be at all. But it seems like anything that alters the way those 2 are recognized, might contribute to the alleviation of this concern for some of you. Especially since very few seem to have seen this sasquatch...:rolleyes:

Either way....it was merged this morning...so it will be in the new build cooking now.

I DARE you guys to find this issue on your devices!!! :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I saw this over in the Nexus S development section, so I figured I would bring it here. For those of you unfamiliar with how cyanogenmod works, fixes and new features get submitted to gerrit, where they wait for approval. Once they get approved, they go into nightlies. Some things don't get merged at all. What most of us call KANG builds are nightlies, except with changes from gerrit merged in. For example: the MIUI battery bar is sitting in gerrit, and it might not even get merged in due to a few things, but I personally like it, so I use it. If you need hosting for your KANGS, let me know and I can hook you up.

If you're going to post a KANG, please post what patches you've included, and anything else you find pertinent.

CM9:
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/?id=captivatemtd
    SKANKWICH [SKANG] CM9 KANG build: CAPTIVATE

skank-logo-lrg.png

This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

NEW BUILDS ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATELY ON TWITTER @Makelegs

Latest Skankwich build

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im):

Latest merges to CM source code: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z

cherry.png
    Cherry picks and other modifications
    cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
    Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed

Full disclosure: I do not own a Captivate. I currently own a Nexus One, Nexus S, and LTE Galaxy Nexus. I run the exact same builds with the exact same cherry-picks as my daily driver in the corporate jungle. In other words.....I really need my phone to WORK!
    Had the reboot big numerous times on the 22nd version. Flashed the 23rd update this morning to see how it goes.

sent from XDA app

It should be gone with the newest build....(I think) :eek:

I dropped a few picks that were pretty inconsequential to me, anyway. I think they were just messed up.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I will be off doing family stuff for the holiday. Unless something really big happens (highly doubtful), I won't build again until mon or tues.

Thanks again for all the support, folks!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!:D
    Wow! 100 downloads of my 3/24 kang in 2 days! I am honored, I hope you all are enjoying it :)

http://goo-inside.me/devs/boog/cm9kang/captivate
    I hope you guys download the **** out of the new build.....cuz it's been 3 days of banging my head against the wall just to get captivate to even build.....

#notpissedatall

/sarcasm

:eek: