Problem with large data usage on CM 11

Search This thread

noc123

Dec 23, 2010
Hi. I'm using Cyanogenmod 11 on my Nexus 4 since February. Currently I have snapshot M5 (I'm updating the soft every month via Cyanogenmod updates in Settings menu). I have 200 MB of internet data every month, which to me is enough, because I use it very occasionally, mainly to read e-mails, weather updates, send hangouts messages or occasionally check something on the internet. When I use 200 MB I still have internet, but very very slow. During the first months the data usage fluctuated around 60MB, which is similar to the data usage I had for over 3 years on my previous smartphone. I also did not have any problems with baterry drain.

Last month I noticed that I used 200MB after two weeks. I thought - ok, I used some internet so it could happen. But this month situation was the same and I rarely used internet. My internet data ended around May, 18. I checked Data Usage in Settings and it showed me that to the date of this post I used 419 mb (last month it was 276 MB) and the month is not over yet. 373 MB was used by Android OS, Firefox 12 MB, Email 8 MB and some other apps used around 1-4 MB. Yesterday I installed My Data Manager app by Mobidia to see precisely what app consumed my data. From 8 AM to 1 PM the phone used 18 MB. 73,3 % was used by something called Manager (with Android icon) and 20,5% was used by OS Services.

My Google Play apps updates only via wi-fi. My phone is always conected to my wi-fi from 6 PM to 8 AM, and almost all the time on Saturday and Sunday. I also noticed that when my phone is fully charged and connected to wi-fi, it lasts 2-3 days of normal using without charging, My record was 5 days. But when I'm disconnected from wi-fi, the phone asks for a charger after a 5-6 hours and the back of the phone is warm, sometimes hot. My signal strengh has all bars and my network type is HSDPA+.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this data used and my general problems, and how to solve it? My habits has not change, my aps has not changed, but the internet data usage and battery drain increased dramatically.
P.S. Factory Reset or changing the soft is a last restort.

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hi. I'm using Cyanogenmod 11 on my Nexus 4 since February. Currently I have snapshot M5 (I'm updating the soft every month via Cyanogenmod updates in Settings menu). I have 200 MB of internet data every month, which to me is enough, because I use it very occasionally, mainly to read e-mails, weather updates, send hangouts messages or occasionally check something on the internet. When I use 200 MB I still have internet, but very very slow. During the first months the data usage fluctuated around 60MB, which is similar to the data usage I had for over 3 years on my previous smartphone. I also did not have any problems with baterry drain.

Last month I noticed that I used 200MB after two weeks. I thought - ok, I used some internet so it could happen. But this month situation was the same and I rarely used internet. My internet data ended around May, 18. I checked Data Usage in Settings and it showed me that to the date of this post I used 419 mb (last month it was 276 MB) and the month is not over yet. 373 MB was used by Android OS, Firefox 12 MB, Email 8 MB and some other apps used around 1-4 MB. Yesterday I installed My Data Manager app by Mobidia to see precisely what app consumed my data. From 8 AM to 1 PM the phone used 18 MB. 73,3 % was used by something called Manager (with Android icon) and 20,5% was used by OS Services.

My Google Play apps updates only via wi-fi. My phone is always conected to my wi-fi from 6 PM to 8 AM, and almost all the time on Saturday and Sunday. I also noticed that when my phone is fully charged and connected to wi-fi, it lasts 2-3 days of normal using without charging, My record was 5 days. But when I'm disconnected from wi-fi, the phone asks for a charger after a 5-6 hours and the back of the phone is warm, sometimes hot. My signal strengh has all bars and my network type is HSDPA+.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this data used and my general problems, and how to solve it? My habits has not change, my aps has not changed, but the internet data usage and battery drain increased dramatically.
P.S. Factory Reset or changing the soft is a last restort.

Android OS is stuck at looking for something on the internet. A dirty flash of your ROM should solve the issue.

noc123

Dec 23, 2010
abaaaabbbb63, problem has been resolved. The problem was active Google Backup in Settings. It generates large data traffic. No re-flashing needed.

Reactions: abaaaabbbb63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    abaaaabbbb63, problem has been resolved. The problem was active Google Backup in Settings. It generates large data traffic. No re-flashing needed.