[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw/d2spr]

Search This thread

Neverendingxsin

Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
how about posting a logcat? It would be the smart thing to do.

I was actually just thinking about that, and did it just for you :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6260242/Android/alogcat.2013-03-22-17-39-26-0400.txt

That's an immediate logcat that i paused right after both system UI and process system has stop responding happened. I did a fresh reboot just to make them both show up, if you need anything else like more logcats or something specific just let me know :) Sorry for the delayed logcat.

okay i got the right one up :)

Last edited:

djmouse

Dec 12, 2012
atlantic city
just another update i just flashed ktz 3.4 kernel with root box and its running fine if anyone was wondering,i would love to stay stock kernel but with out the patch for faux sound, i need that extra volume in the camera recording for videos i take, will the stock kernel have the sound patch built in at some point or is there a way to patch it myself no big deal just curious?

Neverendingxsin

Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
just another update i just flashed ktz 3.4 kernel with root box and its running fine if anyone was wondering,i would love to stay stock kernel but with out the patch for faux sound, i need that extra volume in the camera recording for videos i take, will the stock kernel have the sound patch built in at some point or is there a way to patch it myself no big deal just curious?

I doubt the patch would be merged into the stock kernel, but CM could always surprise us :p

djmouse

Dec 12, 2012
atlantic city
for kroz

and a lil something something for kroz for his awesome themes Confirmation number: 6XM20

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

ohh and for the mms apk all i did was with root explorer went to sdcard=goomanager=3.20 nightlyzip=system=app=long press on Mms.apk=extract then go to extract if you get lost its usually in internal sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted and click on the mms.apk and install but before i do that i go to root explorer/system/app and click on r/w and uninstall the mms.apk ,works fine from what i can tell,idk if it breaks anything somewhere else but works for me

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

I doubt the patch would be merged into the stock kernel, but CM could always surprise us :p

is there a way to patch the stock kernel i thought i saw something on how to do it,i guess id have to ask a kernel dev huh

Reactions: kroz

cyberpac9

May 23, 2011
Think I may give the new nightly a spin, but I have a question with something and I'm having trouble grasping. I've flashed a couple ROMs and have /emulated/0/0/ and a legacy directory as well. Each time I flash, does it add another "0" directory, so that if I try this new nightly I'll have /emulated/0/0/0/? And what about the legacy directory - needed?

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Think I may give the new nightly a spin, but I have a question with something and I'm having trouble grasping. I've flashed a couple ROMs and have /emulated/0/0/ and a legacy directory as well. Each time I flash, does it add another "0" directory, so that if I try this new nightly I'll have /emulated/0/0/0/? And what about the legacy directory - needed?

What recovery version are you using?

Sent from my phone

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

If you have cwm recovery then you have to update it. I used rom manager for that. It solved the problem.

sent from my GALAXY SIII

cyberpac9

May 23, 2011

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles

Using CWM, not sure which version. So, if I update it will not cause the /0/ issue? What about the /0/ directories I have - which are safe to remove?

Well if its your first time flashing a 4.2 ROM then you will have a /0/ in your sdcard but if you have the latest recovery installed it doesn't keep on making it /0/0/0.... Each time you flash a new ROM. Yes they are safe to remove as long as you don't have anything important in it like new pictures or what not. If you remove them be sure to leave only one because that's where everything you add to while on the 4.2 ROM will be at

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

shadowleo85

Aug 18, 2007

I got it fixed I just restored the app from my titanium backup

Just pull it out of the 320 nightly and install that's what I just did and it installed right over the other one. No need to reboot or anything

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Did u do a Dirty install or clean install?

I've tried everything i can think of to fix this "process system is not responding" press ok to close, error at bootup. It gives me 3 options wait, report, and okay. I've wiped cache, dalvik, formatted system, fixed permissions. etc. Its not really a huge deal for me because it doesn't seem to be affecting performance, from what i read its caused by something that starts at bootup and is starting too quickly, so again not a huge deal.

I'm on the stock kernel, and latest 3-22-2013 D2VZW nightly. Just thought i'd let others know that i'm out of ideas for fixing the problem, its just an annoyance but as long as i can just either close or wait it out and not have performance affected i really don't care.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

So far smooth sailing with the newest nightly... After I did a full clean install with underwear kernel I have had no random force closes or android process issues on start up... Love it thx Bajee

cyberpac9

May 23, 2011
Well if its your first time flashing a 4.2 ROM then you will have a /0/ in your sdcard but if you have the latest recovery installed it doesn't keep on making it /0/0/0.... Each time you flash a new ROM. Yes they are safe to remove as long as you don't have anything important in it like new pictures or what not. If you remove them be sure to leave only one because that's where everything you add to while on the 4.2 ROM will be at

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
I've flashed RootBox and SlimBean ROMs (guessing that's where the two /0/ directories come from) on this recovery. I'll update cwm and then the new nightly. Lastly I'll remove the excess /0/ directories. :good:

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida

Where can I get the underwear kernel I'm seeing everyone talking about? For T-mobile? I'm going to flash the newest nightly, but I want to do a fresh install of underwear with it. Is it called underwear because it's the ****?

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012

Where can I get the underwear kernel I'm seeing everyone talking about? For T-mobile? I'm going to flash the newest nightly, but I want to do a fresh install of underwear with it. Is it called underwear because it's the ****?

Att forums... It works for both. Task650 is the developer

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dave2metz

wcoast

Jul 20, 2011
Los Angeles
Has anyone been able to properly decompile/recompile nighties framework since 03/18 to 03/22 without errors? if yes, I’ll appreciate your guidance. All framework before 3/18 and 3.9.1 decompile/recompile well without issue

kroz

Nov 14, 2010
Lipa

and a lil something something for kroz for his awesome themes Confirmation number: 6XM20

thanks for your support mate,
check your inbox :)

Sent from my Hue themed GT-I9100 using Hue themed Tapatalk 2

Neverendingxsin

Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
A little update, i finally did a clean install because out of nowhere everything just stopped working. Upon reboot after restoring my apps.... the android process system stop responding -_-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RootBoxLogo_2.png

RootBox Support Thread​

Before you start please take some time and read the following...

Support Team

The team behind this thread:
    Rules

A few rules beside the general XDA-Rules:

• Only RootBox related questions and feedbacks
    • Respect everyone in here, especially the Support Team which use their free time to help you guys as fast & helpful as possible and keep this thread alive.
    • Read at least the last two pages before posting to avoid repetitive posts.
    • Have a look at the Help-Index before asking anything which is already explained.
    • Check the Known issuesbefore reporting an issue.
    • Check for newer versions and their Changelog to see whether a problem you want to report is already fixed

Known Issues

Inverted APPS

First of all, I would like to say that flashing inverted GAPPS is fully acceptable and it won't break anything. The issue is, some inverted gapps "devs" don't stop at inverting GAPPS. They go beyond this scope and also include other apps such as Phone, Contacts, Mms etc..

These system apps (Phone, Contacts, Mms etc...) Are built from source every time we build a rom and it does happen that we make several changes to them which makes them SPECIFIC to the rom you use. In the case of RootBox Mms, Phone, Camera and ROMControl are built with specific merges that other roms might not have. So what happens when you flash Inverted APPS? You're basically using an outdated/not fully compatible app with RootBox and you might even be missing some features. This is why I do not support anyone using inverted APPS.

Help Index

** Index created by Kubics and Hannibal

A
    Alarm
    How can I disable alarm icon?

• You can enable/disable alarm icon in statusbar in Clock > Settings.
    • You can enable/disable next alarm information on Chronus widget in RootBox Settings > Chronus > Clock and alarm.

B
    Battery
    How can I save my battery? (Without flashing anything or undervolt kernel)

• You can check all apps/functions which sync in background like GPS, Wlan or Social accounts (If not needed = disable)
    • Set the Brightness down (Settings > Display > Brightness)
    • Use dark (best black) theme & wallpaper & lockscreenwallpaper

C
    Chronus
    How can I place Chronus on lockscreen?

Look into Lockscreen section below.

Where do I configure Chronus?

RootBox Settings > Chronus. There you can configure Clock + Weather + Calendar settings. Note that all these settings apply to both homescreen and lockscreen Chronus widget.

How can I change color of Chronus widget?

You cannot ATM. You can only change color of standard clock. Or you can use theme which changes color of Chronus, e.g. Hue themes by Kroz.

D
    DPI
    How can I customize DPI?

There are basically two ways to do so.
    1. Change overall system DPI
      You can change overall system DPI by editing build.prop system file. We do not recommend to do that manually.
      Use some user-friendly app from Play store, e.g. Texdroider. But remember that you have to use multidpi playstore then to be able to install other apps without problems.
    2. Change per-app DPI
      You can use Per-App Settings integrated into this ROM:

First, all credits associate to Xposed Frameworks and Modules goes to Rovo89 for sharing his work and making it open source for everyone. You guys should all buy him a beer.

Steps to follow:
      1) Install Xposed Frameworks by going in Modules Management>Install/Update
      2) Enable Per-App Settings by going in Modules Management> Modules>Tick RootBox Per-App Settings (You should reboot your phone at this point)
      3) Setup your phone : Per-App Settings>Choose your app>Set DPI/Resolution/Tablet UI/Language> Press Save on top
      4) Your app should now display in your preferred settings. If it doesnt, kill the app and restart it or reboot phone.

My device isn’t supported in playstore after changing DPI

You have to use the MultiDPI-Playstore here from URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4534385"] “MyLifeRocks10”:
    => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1839871

Data
    I can't find the Data toggle!?

It's renamed to "signal".

E
    Expanded Desktop
    Can I use Expanded desktop on this ROM?

Yes. Enable it in RootBox Settings and switch it on or off in Power menu.

F
    Flashing
    How to flash this ROM?

It depends on your starting position. Here are possible options:
    Option 1: Updating RootBox with stable/nightly version without major changes - Without Full Wipe
    1. Download ROM and put it on internal sd card
    2. Go into recovery mode
    3. Then flash RootBox
      -- install .zip from sd card > choose .zip from internal sd card
      -- select RootBox.zip and flash it
    4. Then flash Gapps
      -- select gapps.zip and flash it
    5. Recovery > wipe cache partition (optional)
    6. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache (optional)
    7. Reboot and you are done!
    Option 2: Coming from another ROM or updating RootBox version with major changes or having strange problems - With Full Wipe
    2. Go into recovery mode
    3. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
      -- wipe data/ factory reset
      -- wipe cahe partition
      -- advanced > wipe dalvik cache
      -- mount and storage > format data/system/cache
    4. Then flash RootBox
      -- Select RootBox.zip and flash it
    5. Then flash Gapps
    6. Recovery > wipe cache partition
    7. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    8. Reboot and you are done!
    Option 3: Coming From Stock ROM (Samsung firmware, no root)
    => Root and Backup
    1. Root your phone and install latest CWM/TWRP Recovery
    2. Make a nandroid backup of your Samsung ROM
    => Now start the process to flash Rom.
    2. Go into recovery mode
    3. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
      -- wipe data/ factory reset
      -- wipe cahe partition
      -- advanced > wipe dalvik cache
      -- mount and storage > format data/system/cache
    4. Then flash RootBox
      -- select RootBox.zip and flash it
    5. Then flash Gapps
    6. Recovery > wipe cache partition
    7. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    8. Reboot and you are done!

G
    GAPPS
    Do I have to flash GAPPS with ROM?

Yes.

What version of GAPPS should I download?

Currently you need GAPPS 20121212 for RootBox version >3.2 based on Android 4.2.1. If you for any reason want to install RootBox based on Android 4.1.2, i.e. version 3.2 and lower, install GAPPS 20121011. You can check here for latest GAPPS for different Android versions: http://goo.im/gapps.

L
    Lockscreen
    How do I get shortcuts on my lockscreen?

RootBox Settings > Shortcuts.

How do I put Chronus on my lockscreen instead of standard clock?

You have to drag clock on lockscreen. It will allow you to remove it. Then you can add Chronus or any other widget instead.

How do I make Chronus show my Weather and Calendar on lockscreen?

Rom Control > Lockscreen > Minimize Lockscreen Challenge.

How do I unlock faster when Minimize Lockscreen Challenge is enabled?

Rom Control > Lockscreen > Enable longpress to unlock.

N
    NavBar
    How do I change NavBar Color?

Hybrid Settings>Interface> NavBar Color .

How do I enable NavBar transparency?

Rom Control>GeneralUI>Statusbar and navigation bar opacity.

Nightlies
    What is Nightly? Should I flash Nightly or latest Stable version?

There is no major difference. Nightlies are "unofficial" builds that are built almost everyday for everyone to try builds with the latest sources merged to RootBox. For noobs/average user, this is not necessary because they live in a bubble where they feel more comfortable flashing an "official" release than a nightly, but at the end, it all breaks down to just a differentiation of name. So if you don't know what a nightly is, don't flash it and don't bother asking.

S
    Statusbar
    How do I enable Status Bar transparency?

Rom Control>GeneralUI>Statusbar and navigation bar opacity.

What is fast toggle in Status Bar Toggles?

This will allow you to swipe from the right or left side of your statusbar (depending on what you choose) and it will go to your quick settings bypassing any notifications.
    They won't build until bajee is done merging stuff it's been like this for a week. He's purposely not allowing them to build

I'm not purposely breaking builds. I just don't have the time to finish merging what I started since I'm in the middle of examination period in university. You have a funny way of describing the situation as if I didn't want you guys to build.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I just sync and build, don't know much about bug fixing though :( that's Bajee's expertise :)

I'll fix it tomorrow after my exam. Latest should be sunday.
    Thanks for taking on building for us! Do you have any plans for d2tmo?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I can compile for tmo tomorrow as well. Heck for now until Bajee comes back i'll compile for d2vzw, d2att, and d2tmo :) I will NOT be cherry picking anything into them, it'll be whatever comes from Bajee's repo.
    Anyone else notice Noba and Pie settings are not buddys? Messed with my settings for sure (Can turn them all off) but hmm whats the point of pie settings? its slick and cool ya but ... whats the point? just to use expanded desktop right? isn't that sorta like nav bar? cracked out

Then don't use it dude. I've seen you post everywhere, and all you do is comment about how things are useless/broken/bad or not working for you with every rom. If you think it's the same thing as navbar+navbar ring, then use that instead. That's why there's always options to turn things off.