[MOD] HTC Flashlight, no demo at startup

Search This thread

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Ok here's a thought. If the file was signed by HTC, and I hexedited the file, the signing would not be correct anymore. So I've signed the file with a new certificate that I just created. Can anyone test if this does work?

Here's the exe: HTCFlashlight-nodemo-signed.exe
Here's the cab with my certificate (try without installing this first): netripper_cert.cab

Just copy the .exe in the same directory as the existing HTCFlashlight.exe and try to run it (make sure you shut down the original app via some task manager first!).

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.
This one works great now...Thanks! Just the exe alone....didn't even need to copy it to windows directory.

schmeichler

Jun 26, 2006
PERFECT!

1st one did not work for me either - your signed version works like a charm - did not need to install your certificate.
Renamed it to the original.

Stock T-Mobile GER 1.43 Rom

THX!

nutmegy

Dec 2, 2009
just what i needed!!! it was really annoying the demo.. copied fine into the windows folder.. and runs fine

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
NetRipper,

Your last .exe: HTCFlashlight-nodemo-signed.exe works fine on my Miri v7.0

I just placed a shortlink directly in the Start Menu, and it's Ok.

Thank you :)

Aandi87

Oct 10, 2007
Germany T-mobile 1.43

Hi Netripper,

works like a charm now, with v1 the application wont start and gave me only the error sound.

Thanks

philo69

Oct 15, 2008
Varese
Works fine with my italian stock rom 1.48, and without install your cert cab.

Thanks for your works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The HTC Flashlight app isn't bad. It looks fancy at least, and I see it's included in many ROMs, so it must do something better than TorchButton (my other baby).

Anyway, when you start HTC Flashlight, you get that annoying demo you have to wait for before you can use the app. Well, it's annoying to me at least.

Attached in the .zip is a fixed .exe in which the demo is skipped. The rest works like it does normally (light is turned on immediately at the middle setting). Just replace the original .exe with this one. If it's cooked into the ROM, you may not be able to overwrite it. Just put it somewhere else and make a shortcut then.

Btw, you can recognize if you use the modded .exe if you see FlashLight as title, instead of Flashlight (note the capital L).

Have fun.

Update march 7th
    The original app can be downloaded from this thread, first post: [CAB] HTC Flashlight
    (so after that, overwrite the exe with this one)

Update march 8th
    Updated the attached .zip with a signed version of the executable, which prevents problems to run the fixed exe on stock roms and a number of custom roms.

aho77 made an updated cab wish signed version to install the whole thing, can be downloaded from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5817414#post5817414

Also attached is the certificate used to sign the executable. You shouldn't have to install this, but I provided it just in case.