Android 4.4.3 dialer

Search This thread

Rodeojones

Aug 6, 2010
Bloomer, WI
I have this dialer working on the latest xdabbeb ROM for VS980. Been using it since the day the apk was made available. Zero issues or crashes.

picaso86

Jan 3, 2010
Work on stock - Rooted G2. If you are using Nova, just create a shortcut using "Activities" and select "Google Dialer" and then "Phone" (first one)

toaom2

Jun 21, 2006
Utrecht
To get it to work properly with no force closes on 4.4.2 I first installed 1.01 from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196848

Then upgraded to 1.1 from the apk mentioned in the original article. Had to do the described tricks to make it show up where it's supposed to be. In order to make it the "defautl dialer" for incoming calls I turned off the Floating call answer option when another app is open in the phone settings.

mgolder

Jun 21, 2010
Chorley
Work on stock - Rooted G2. If you are using Nova, just create a shortcut using "Activities" and select "Google Dialer" and then "Phone" (first one)

Yep, worked just fine for me on stock, rooted with Nova. Had to create the shortcut away from my dock though and then move it to it mind. Bit weird. Also, pressing the bottom left button (presumably for recent calls etc, just closes the app (not a force close as such).

xstahsie

May 6, 2010
I have this dialer working on the latest xdabbeb ROM for VS980. Been using it since the day the apk was made available. Zero issues or crashes.

How did you get yours to work? I have the same ROM from xdabbeb ; however, when I drop the oak into the priv-app folder, changed permission, and reboot nothing happens.

Update: Disregard. I downloaded an app from Google Play called "Activity Launcher" and was able to create the Google Dialer "Phone" shortcut for use on my G2 stock launcher.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mojo6911

Sep 14, 2010
Has anyone figured out how to replace the stock dialer for incoming calls? I replaced it just fine for outgoing, but can't override the G2 default dialer for incoming calls.

ulakala

Apr 11, 2008
To get it to work properly with no force closes on 4.4.2 I first installed 1.01 from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196848

Then upgraded to 1.1 from the apk mentioned in the original article. Had to do the described tricks to make it show up where it's supposed to be. In order to make it the "defautl dialer" for incoming calls I turned off the Floating call answer option when another app is open in the phone settings.

hi...exuse me for my bad english

i have lg g2 (d802) 20d stock and rooted.....don't work for me.....

a question.... if i flash the version 1.01it replace stock app or other app or i can flash without problem?

then if i want to uninstall that how can i do?

krija

Apr 17, 2011
Šahy
It's from huawei.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1411993951249.jpg
    1411993951249.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 461

skghosh.mail

Jul 6, 2015
calcutta
goo.gl
Xiaomi Poco F1

That dialer pops up along with the stock dialer. I manually pushed the apk in priv app fodder and face permissions in my ZenFone 5.
I have a question. What if we collected all the necessary apks (dialer, contacts, telephony etc) from stock lollipop and replaced the stock ones with those, with proper permissions of course. Well it work flawlessly then?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using xda Forums PRO

r3al_0g

Jan 8, 2011
Mandeville
That dialer pops up along with the stock dialer. I manually pushed the apk in priv app fodder and face permissions in my ZenFone 5.
I have a question. What if we collected all the necessary apks (dialer, contacts, telephony etc) from stock lollipop and replaced the stock ones with those, with proper permissions of course. Well it work flawlessly then?

its worth a shot. try it and post your results :good:

txv0

Feb 2, 2015

It might but i dont think so. I havent heard of anyone successfully replacing the stock dialer as there are probably a lot of things that have to be reworked. Them again maybe no one has ever tried.

skghosh.mail

Jul 6, 2015
calcutta
goo.gl
Xiaomi Poco F1
I am willing to try it out after taking a full nandroid backup. Can someone please provide me with all the necessary stock Google apks associated with phone calls and contacts. I don't have a Nexus device so please help. Simply extract them and share. One more thing, they should be from sdk 21, meaning lollipop5 and not 5.1 , thanks.

P.s. asus contacts and phone apps suck big-time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts