[DOWNLOAD] S4 Google Edition Camera, Boot Animation, and Live Wallpaper

Search This thread

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas
Google Edition Boot Animations etc.
Wanted to share > "The new Google boot animation and SunBeam live wallpaper that are currently exclusive to the Google Play Editions of the HTC One and Galaxy S4 have already been pulled and released for our tinkering pleasure. Thanks to the release of the GPL files (similar to factory images) for each phone by JBQ, members of XDA were able to get inside and pull out these two goodies. We’re still awaiting the arrival of the new Camera app, but we’ll take these two for now.

The boot animation is a .zip file that can be flashed through your custom recovery (yes, you need to be rooted). The files are 1080p wide, so it should look good on almost any device.

With the SunBeam wallpaper, you can try to install it as you would any other sideloaded .apk, but it may error out on you. Should you run into an issue, you’ll need to be rooted so that you can push the file to /system/app. Set the permissions to RW-R–R–, reboot, and enjoy.

The camera .apk from the GPe phones was made available, and appears to work on any phone without root. I installed it on my HTC One without issue (pictured above). In fact, I was able to snap a Photo Sphere, Panorama, video, and regular photo like you would hope."

bootsplash.gif

Boot Animation

Live Wallpaper (Sunbeam)

Camera App

Camera (Flashable Zip) - source

source

Dont forget to hit the
thanksbutton.jpg
button

Last edited:

ipaq_101

Sep 19, 2011
Southern California
1) The camera installed fine and is working, thanks.

2) The sun beam live wallpaper failed to install. (I will try via root explorer)

3) Flashed boot animation via twrp, but it didn't show up on reboot.

Any suggestions? I am on the darthstalker rom.

R.Suave

Apr 18, 2013
Texas
1) The camera installed fine and is working, thanks.

2) The sun beam live wallpaper failed to install. (I will try via root explorer)

3) Flashed boot animation via twrp, but it didn't show up on reboot.

Any suggestions? I am on the darthstalker rom.

Boot animation: try extracting the file contents and move the bootanimation.zip (from system/media in the zip file) to the /data/local folder on your phone. Rather than flashing

I cant guarantee anything as i'm not currently using any of these files.

The Illest 619

Jun 25, 2011
San Diego
No problem, thanks for trying.

I won't kill me to have the stupid t-mobile logo show up for a fraction of a second. lol.

could always use the international boot animation... the black samsung one... way better than that annoying tmobile one. Theres a flashable zip in the wicked rom thread and theres also one here on one of the other theme threads with just the files.

Also camera confirmed working on my end as well. very nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: ipaq_101

ipaq_101

Sep 19, 2011
Southern California
could always use the international boot animation... the black samsung one... way better than that annoying tmobile one. Theres a flashable zip in the wicked rom thread and theres also one here on one of the other theme threads with just the files.

Also camera confirmed working on my end as well. very nice!

Thanks tried that and it flashed perfectly. Bye Bye crappy T-Mobile pink.

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
can we get browser.apk. I find that stock browser from 4.2.2 pie doesnt work good on 1080p display

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
Can't get the boot animation to work on wicked ROM. Works on foxhound though

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

the wicked rom uses a different format for boot animations. they use the .qmg files vs using the bootanimation.zip file. there are tutorials how to change the format. it is a little involved.

Actionx1

Oct 30, 2011
Ontario
The camera won't install on my end. Using PAC rom. Anything special I have to do before I install it?

Sent from my SGH-M919

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Never mind, after several reboots it was finely able to install.

Sent from my SGH-M919

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
Can I install the camera on stock non rooted or does it have to be flashed via recovery?
Edit. Nevermind I reread the first post and answered my question

sent from my jelly bean infused note 10.1

joshua.justice

Feb 12, 2011
Cincinnati

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Edition Boot Animations etc.
    Wanted to share > "The new Google boot animation and SunBeam live wallpaper that are currently exclusive to the Google Play Editions of the HTC One and Galaxy S4 have already been pulled and released for our tinkering pleasure. Thanks to the release of the GPL files (similar to factory images) for each phone by JBQ, members of XDA were able to get inside and pull out these two goodies. We’re still awaiting the arrival of the new Camera app, but we’ll take these two for now.

The boot animation is a .zip file that can be flashed through your custom recovery (yes, you need to be rooted). The files are 1080p wide, so it should look good on almost any device.

With the SunBeam wallpaper, you can try to install it as you would any other sideloaded .apk, but it may error out on you. Should you run into an issue, you’ll need to be rooted so that you can push the file to /system/app. Set the permissions to RW-R–R–, reboot, and enjoy.

The camera .apk from the GPe phones was made available, and appears to work on any phone without root. I installed it on my HTC One without issue (pictured above). In fact, I was able to snap a Photo Sphere, Panorama, video, and regular photo like you would hope."

bootsplash.gif

Boot Animation

Live Wallpaper (Sunbeam)

Camera App

Camera (Flashable Zip) - source

source

Dont forget to hit the
    thanksbutton.jpg
    button
    Can't get the boot animation to work on wicked ROM. Works on foxhound though

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Nope that didn't work either.

Go here. Extract the files and replace them in /system/media with the default ones. It works, as I just set it up on mine!
    To get photosphere working, flash this Photosphere and panorama require extra libs which the OP has not included in the zip installer. As for saving to the SD card, its a smali edit.
    here is the link i meant to link you guys to.
    Nope that didn't work either.

The boot animation has been posted in a few more phone threads (verizon s4, nexus 4, etc). I would check to see if they have any fixes or an alternate file. Sorry I can't help any more than that