[Q&A]Chubbzlou's Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 ROM | 2-25-2014

Search This thread
Reboot your phone? My wife uses JB WiFi Tether on this ROM so I know it works.
@jshow816
I can verify that JB WiFi Tether works as well. My wife and I both used it.
I've had some issues on my lap top with windows network profiles, being connected to WiFi but not have internet access.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: jshow816

qskile

Jan 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
Has anyone got Google Now hot word detection from any screen working on this rom?

I appear to have all the pre-requisites in place: latest Google search app, Android 4.3+, audio history turned on but the option does not show up.

Thanks.

Bigdude0444

Aug 20, 2014
one problem...

How can I change the clock in the status bar back to stock (right side)? That is my only complaint with this great ROM. If there is a way, just tell me the basics, and I'll do it myself if I have to. Please and thank you in advance.

AarSyl

How can I change the clock in the status bar back to stock (right side)? That is my only complaint with this great ROM. If there is a way, just tell me the basics, and I'll do it myself if I have to. Please and thank you in advance.

Use the SystemUI.apk from a previous build. There should be a post somewhere here with it attached.

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer
Dec 7, 2014
"Unable to send message"

I just flashed this ROM. Everything seems to be working great, except for the fact that I can't send text messages. I get an "unable to send message" error whenever I try to send a text. I tried using Hangouts, and it failed there as well.

Any suggestions?

jimholley1

Mar 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Totally lost

I know this post is old, but I have a rooted 4G lte and I wish to use it as backup and other things.
I was very interested in this update, I followed all the previous ROM steps from Captains RUU, and have tried for hours to update to this with absolutely no success.
Every time I try and install, either from recovery or Windroid tools I get a "zip file is corrupt" message.
I have re downloaded this stuff half a dozen times, I am lost at this point.
I am HBOOT 2.10
4.13.651.4 from Captains DL via RUU
Sense 5.0
Rooted
S-off

If there is still anyone around messing with this stuff, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Chubbzlou's Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 ROM for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

Click link here>> ROM thread <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How do I install this ROM?
    A: You must be updated to the new partition layout via RUU first. If you're already rooted, you will need to install either TWRP from here or CWM Touch from here. Old versions of TWRP and CWM Touch will not work with the new partition layout. For more information regarding the RUU, look here. Make sure to do a full system wipe before flashing the ROM zip.

Q: I ran the RUU prior to flashing this ROM and now my bootloader is showing relocked? How do I fix this?
    A: Use HTC Dev to unlock your bootloader again.

Q: I no longer have root. How do I fix this?
    A: Flash the latest SuperSU zip in recovery using this link here.

Q: What's up with the new partition layout?
    A: HTC finally did something right and did away with the "media" storage on the device. Now there are roughly 12 gigs of internal memory available for apps, etc., as opposed to the old partition setup that was divided between media storage and internal storage.

Q: I want to go back to an older Sense or AOSP ROM based off the old partition setup. Can I?
    A: If you're S-off you can revert back via an older RUU.

Q: How do I obtain S-off with this update?
    A: The Rumrunner method worked for at least one user. Give it a try.

Q: Can I restore a back-up of an old (Sense 4 or AOSP) ROM and go back?
    A: No.

Q: Can I use the Sense 5 Toolbox with this ROM?
    A: Yes, but you must have the Xposed Installer installed on your device first.

Q: My signal bars don't seem to be representative of voice strength. What gives?
    A: The signal bars represent data strength now, although there is a mod available to revert them to represent voice signal strength, instead.

Q: Does this ROM include the Zoe camera function?
    A: As of V4, yes. Previous versions do not include Zoe.

Q: Can I disable the camera shutter sound?
    A: Yes, you can do this from within the camera app.

Q: I have no data or voice service after flashing this ROM. How can I fix this?
    A: Update your profile and PRL. If that doesn't work, try refreshing your service by dialing ##72786# on your phone's dialer, then choosing reset from the menu. If you have further issues with data, dial ##3282# on the phone dialer. Select "Edit mode" and enter your MSL when prompted. Select "Data Profile" and then select "Active Profile". Select "1", then hit okay. At the top of the screen, hit the menu button, then select "Commit Modifications". If this doesn't work you may need to call Sprint customer service and have them reset your phone. You can get your MSL by calling Sprint or using the MSL Reader app from the Play Store here. The app is free.

Q: Can I install a custom PRL on this ROM?
    A: You can but you need to follow the steps in this post here.

Q: Some apps like the calculator are missing. What do I do?
    A: See this post here. There is a flashable zip that will add in the calculator and a few other apps. You can also download this file and flash in recovery. It includes an Aroma installer so you can pick and choose what apps you wish to install.

Q: How do I get rid of the horizontal EQS (Extended Quick Settings) in the notification dropdown?
    A: Tap on the date to hide and unhide the EQS. To edit EQS, long-press the date in the notification menu. This will bring up the menu from which you can edit which EQS you want to show or hide.

Q: How do I disable/enable Blinkfeed?
    A: From the home screen, pinch the screen together. In the upper left-hand corner of the screen you'll see the option to enable or disable Blinkfeed. You can also edit your BlinkFeed settings by swiping the BlinkFeed screen to the right and opening the menu.

Q: How do I add panels to my home screen?
    A: Pinch your home screen together. You can add panels with the "+" icon at the top of the screen where the panels are located. This is also where you can change your home screen.

Q: When I have Wi-Fi and mobile data turned on, both my Wi-Fi and data icons show in the status bar. Is this a bug?
    A: It's not a bug, it's a feature. No, really, this is normal. The one which has a better signal will override the other. If you don't want to see both icons, turn one of them off.

Q: Are there any custom kernels for this ROM?
    A: There was one but it has since been discontinued & is no longer available, so the answer is no.

Q: Where are my lockscreen options?
    A: The lockscreen is productivity by default. You can get widget options by swiping from the right edge of the screen.

Q: My data icon goes away during phone calls. Can I still use data?
    A: Yes.

Q: Is there a mod to disable long-press back to kill? Is there a mod to enable landscape Rosie on this ROM?
    A: Yes to both. Please see this post here. Also note that on Sense 5, the term Rosie is no longer used. It's called Prism now.

Q: Where are the developer settings?
    A: From the home screen, open up your menu and click "Settings". Then scroll down to the bottom of the menu and select "About". Then select "Software version", then "More". Tap on the Build number until the notification pops up that the developer settings have been enabled.

Q: Can I dirty flash this ROM over a previous version?
    A: As always, a clean install is recommended for optimum performance. Dirty flashing a newer version of this particular ROM over an older version should generally be okay, however, if you encounter issues, you should do a clean install before reporting your issues. If you are going to dirty flash, make sure you wipe your caches before doing so.

Q: My FM Radio app doesn't work. How can I fix this?
    A: Pull the FMRadioService.apk from either the RUU or the stock ROM. Replace the APK from this ROM with the one you pull from the RUU or stock ROM & reboot your phone afterwards. The file is located in /system/app. As always, make a backup prior to doing this in case you encounter issues.

Q: My proximity sensor stays on when the screen is on. How do I fix this?
    A: Change the screen timeout setting from auto sleep to any other value (i.e. 1 minute, etc.).

Q: The PDF viewer app force closes when I attempt to use it to view documents. How do I fix this?
    A: Use Adobe Reader instead.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this Q&A. Also, thanks to @chubbzlou, @Sinistertensai & @Captain_Throwback for this ROM.
    Zoe fix is pretty simple, just use the chromatic libs from the lib zip funlun posted. I haven't really had too much time to focus on anything android with the stuff I'm dealing with in the real world. Sense 6 is what it is we won't get too far with out major kernel changes or a sense based one, did I mention it's running on an aosp kernel? Yea no joke we ported sense on aosp, yet we're not mentioned on xda portal, what gives? As for V4 it's pretty much done, 4.3 and beats hack doesn't work to our standard so we might just back port the 4.2.2 stuff. On another note donate to chubbz help him get the m8! Most will be upgrading to that device and if you want the quality ports that we do, on that device you best help a developer out.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
    If anyone wants a black bootup, bootdown here you go. Just taken from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39761804 but then edited to match the names of the animation files on this ROM. You can grab the black splash from that page was well.
    I think we should all try to help out as much as possible. It shouldn't all fall back onto Fin. If you know the answer and you are 100% on it then go ahead and answer. This is a community, we should help out and relieve stress from the devs so they continue to support our devices.

HTC Jewel
    Hboot 2.10 S-off
    Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

Well spoken and way to step up and be a positive influence in this community FinZ28!!:thumbup: