Just got my G3, help me on my way!

Search This thread

YoungStarDC

Jul 25, 2013
Zoetermeer
I just got my G3 and I am impressed so far. However, I would like to hear your tips, tricks and mods to get better performance and battery life!

I am currently not rooted and completely on stock. What do you recommend? Please let me and other new G3 owners know! [emoji41]

PS: I don't mind rooting, but I do want to keep the 2K and not switch to 1080p [emoji18]

Thanks!

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Have a look in the battery and impressions thread in General, they pretty much cover all you asked.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IXChicharitoXI

Aug 3, 2012
Pinch in/out to change recent apps format.

Double tap notification bar to turn off on a custom launcher.

Press the 3 dots on the camera screen to take pictures by pressing the screen.

lossah

Jul 23, 2014
Follow the lag solution thread. With ART it increased my performance alot. And i also get over 6h screen time. I dont think i sacrificed my battery time at all.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Reactions: Billy Madison

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
Thanks both of you! Will be sure to give ART a time and check out that video. Anyone more suggestions!?

I've had my G3 for almost a month now (European D855 3/32GB), here are all the changes I did that had the most significant impact on performance:

* Rooted with Towelroot
* Frozen all bloat with Titanium Backup (all the LG apps plus a couple of other ones)
* Xposed + G3 TweaksBox for more control on the UI
* Nova Launcher with animations set to Faster than light
* Dev options: set all animations to 0.5
* Greenify installed as an Xposed module, then greenified everything that was causing unwanted wakelocks and/or notifications
* Kernel tweaks: Use trickster MOD and follow this thread: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/lag-solutions-t2816188

I tried ART for a week, but found the difference was not really significant, so was back to Dalvik and Xposed after a week.
PS: I really love this phone now and it's butter-smooth, but it's a shame I had to do all of that, it should be great out of the box :)

Last edited:
Reactions: YoungStarDC

YoungStarDC

Jul 25, 2013
Zoetermeer
I've had my G3 for almost a month now (European D855 3/32GB), here are all the changes I did that had the most significant impact on performance:

* Rooted with Towelroot
* Frozen all bloat with Titanium Backup (all the LG apps plus a couple of other ones)
* Greenify installed as an Xposed module, then greenified everything that was causing unwanted wakelocks and/or notifications
* Kernel tweaks: Use trickster MOD and follow this thread: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/lag-solutions-t2816188

I tried ART for a week, but found the difference was not really significant, so was back to Dalvik and Xposed after a week.
PS: I really love this phone now and it's butter-smooth, but it's a shame I had to do all of that, it should be great out of the box :)
Thanks for posting your list! I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to customization and optimization. I've never used either greenify or xposed on any Android phone I've owned either though I rooted all of them. I also never used trickster mod. Anyway, I'll be sure to study up on anything you posted, it's greatly appreciated![emoji41]

YoungStarDC

Jul 25, 2013
Zoetermeer
Another question guys! I just installed Towelroot and when I press make it rain it says phone not supported. Am I doing something wrong? EDIT: Purpledrake WORKED

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my G3 and I am impressed so far. However, I would like to hear your tips, tricks and mods to get better performance and battery life!

I am currently not rooted and completely on stock. What do you recommend? Please let me and other new G3 owners know! [emoji41]

PS: I don't mind rooting, but I do want to keep the 2K and not switch to 1080p [emoji18]

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4p5W9SbbE
    Thanks both of you! Will be sure to give ART a time and check out that video. Anyone more suggestions!?

* Rooted with Towelroot