WiFi Calling on Aosp

Search This thread

PhilPan

Please forgive my ignorance, if this has been asked already. I recently converted from VERIzon to finally be able to unlock my phones!

Just got AOSP running, do any of the ROMs incorporate the wifi calling features on the stock ROM......Im guessing no, but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

realfoxm

Nov 11, 2010
It's unfortunate. Hoping that hangouts/GV will eventually integrate this feature in the future. But here's to hoping! :fingers-crossed:

It's unfortunate. Hoping that hangouts/GV will eventually integrate this feature in the future. But here's to hoping! :fingers-crossed:

Hangouts/GV is something entirely different from wifi calling. Wifi calling is baked in by tmo and requires touchwiz and some propriety libraries. Hangouts/GV is completely independent of this and should work fine on AOSP

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Short answer: 100% impossible. The Wifi Calling app itself has been open-sourced by T-Mobile, but how to completely implement it into the device framework, as well as the SIM authentication method (I believe) is still a mystery. Well, we know HOW it's done, but not how to implement it. I'm not a developer, just stating what I've read.

On older devices, when T-Mobile used UMA instead of SIP (two different protocols) for Wifi Calling, it was possible to do. But as of now, there are huge bounties to try and implement it in AOSP ROMs because no one has been able to do it.