Soft bricked Tipo

Search This thread

adithyavr

Oct 25, 2012
Hi there,

1. I am fed up of my Tipo's lagging touch (responding after half an hour, miscaliberation). I update the firmware using Sony companion and tried to install one of the Jelly Bean roms on the stock ICS using CMW. It some how soft bricked my phone. Can any one tell the reason?

2. With lot of effort I installed the stock ST21a 11.0.A.4.22 Sony Generic kernel (using Flashtool). It is same laggy and miscaliberating. Did I not reformat, similar to PC? shouldn't it be fresh and new ?

3. I am not trying to install JB rom. What is the correct way to install? Should I worry about any seperate parts like Kernel?

4. To install JB rom (Paranoid Android) I tried to root the device, but the flash tool says "no root exploit for this version". If i cant root. I cant install CMW. I cant install frest rom. Is there any other way to install ROM?

I am stuck in the above points after my research, and will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

AnshSingh

Feb 1, 2013
Indore
Hi there,

1. I am fed up of my Tipo's lagging touch (responding after half an hour, miscaliberation). I update the firmware using Sony companion and tried to install one of the Jelly Bean roms on the stock ICS using CMW. It some how soft bricked my phone. Can any one tell the reason?

2. With lot of effort I installed the stock ST21a 11.0.A.4.22 Sony Generic kernel (using Flashtool). It is same laggy and miscaliberating. Did I not reformat, similar to PC? shouldn't it be fresh and new ?

3. I am not trying to install JB rom. What is the correct way to install? Should I worry about any seperate parts like Kernel?

4. To install JB rom (Paranoid Android) I tried to root the device, but the flash tool says "no root exploit for this version". If i cant root. I cant install CMW. I cant install frest rom. Is there any other way to install ROM?

I am stuck in the above points after my research, and will appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

First Of All Its CWM
Secondly You Should Try Locking The Bootloader And Reflash The ftf Or in PC Companion Click Update And Then Repair Phone

adithyavr

Oct 25, 2012
Re

First Of All Its CWM
Secondly You Should Try Locking The Bootloader And Reflash The ftf Or in PC Companion Click Update And Then Repair Phone

Thanks a lot for the insightful post of two lines. Have already tried that. Can any one reply point by point. I want the answer more in perspective of learning than one time solution.

Thanks

AnshSingh

Feb 1, 2013
Indore
OK I Got Your Back

Thanks a lot for the insightful post of two lines. Have already tried that. Can any one reply point by point. I want the answer more in perspective of learning than one time solution.

Thanks
FIRSTLY BACKUP THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Steps To Follow -
1. Download Flashtool (I'm Guessing You Don't Have That Yet)
2. Click On The Thunder Icon
3. Click Flashmode
4. There You Would Find A .ftf File Saying Device X10 Version V1 BRELock bla bla..Click OK
5. Then Take Out Your Sd Card And SIM Card And Using A USB Cable Connect Your Device While Pressing The Down Button
6. If You See A Green LED Flash On Your Phone Just Wait Until It Flashes
7. After flashing Is Complete Let Your Phone Reboot
8. Then Attach Your Device To Your PC
9. Go to PC Companion And Press Update Device
10. It Would Say You Don't Have An Update And Have An Option "Repair Phone"
11. Click On That Wait Until It Downloads And Updates
And Viola Your Phone Would Look Fresh As A New One

D

Deleted member 5439257

FIRSTLY BACKUP THE IMPORTANT STUFF
Steps To Follow -
1. Download Flashtool (I'm Guessing You Don't Have That Yet)
2. Click On The Thunder Icon
3. Click Flashmode
4. There You Would Find A .ftf File Saying Device X10 Version V1 BRELock bla bla..Click OK
5. Then Take Out Your Sd Card And SIM Card And Using A USB Cable Connect Your Device While Pressing The Down Button
6. If You See A Green LED Flash On Your Phone Just Wait Until It Flashes
7. After flashing Is Complete Let Your Phone Reboot
8. Then Attach Your Device To Your PC
9. Go to PC Companion And Press Update Device
10. It Would Say You Don't Have An Update And Have An Option "Repair Phone"
11. Click On That Wait Until It Downloads And Updates
And Viola Your Phone Would Look Fresh As A New One

He said that he already tried that! Oh, and capital letters are just for the first word of a sentence and names. Not Like This.

@OP: have you tried this:

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/themes-apps/apk-touch-issue-solved-t2068082

It's an .apk that let's you recalibrate your touch(official patch by Sony).

Hope that helps!

Mats

Sent from my Xperia E dual using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AnshSingh

Feb 1, 2013
Indore
He said that he already tried that! Oh, and capital letters are just for the first word of a sentence and names. Not Like This.

@OP: have you tried this:

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/themes-apps/apk-touch-issue-solved-t2068082

It's an .apk that let's you recalibrate your touch(official patch by Sony).

Hope that helps!

Mats

Hey man appreciate it
He said that he tried flashing the stock ftf i'm recommending him to use PC Companion

D

Deleted member 5439257

Hey man appreciate it
He said that he tried flashing the stock ftf i'm recommending him to use PC Companion

Yeah, but those two have the same effect. Repairing with PC Companion is exactly the same as flashing a .ftf. And if that didn't work, PC Companion won't.

Mats