[MOD] Smooth-Mods 1.0.4 Updated 12/05/10!

Search This thread

faster3200

Jul 10, 2010
Seattle
Hello all. If you venture outside of the Evo section here you may run into one of my favorite mods, Smooth-Sense by Jercik. I'll let him explain the idea behind the mod.

I love original HTC Sense look and feel, but I also love percentage battery. So I made percentage battery which looks like original one :). But after that, I realized that some other sense icons could be better. E.g.: sync icon - it is not animated, but I think it should be! So I decided to make theme/icon set for Sense ROMs, which will look like original, but will be extended by new smoother animations and new icons :).

Here are the current changes for Smooth-Sense:

- battery % with 101 power levels
new:
OcD6n.gif
old:
batteryorg.gif

- smooth battery charging animation
new:
charge33.gif
old:
chargeorg.gif

- animated synchronization icon (Sorry for the .gif quality. Actual quality is the same as the old icon.)
new:
cGhur.gif
old:
yYGjX.png

- 2 additional frames on gps acquiring animation
new:
gps.gif
old:
gpsorg.gif

- new download animation
new:
downloadi.gif
old:
downloadorg.gif

- new upload animation
new:
upload.gif
old:
uploadorg.gif

- new ADB icon (which before looked like the warning icon) (Android 2.2 versions only)
new:
statsysadb.png
old:
statsysadb.png

- new no sim icon (which wasn't updated for the Evo style)
new:
EM55F.png
old:
DMdQB.png

- new notify sd card icon (which before looked like the sd card prepare icon)
new:
ywMPC.png
old:
l1qBr.png

Here is what the notification bar may look like after applying:
2KJ02.png

IMPORTANT (aka please read)

This mod was originally made for the Desire by Jercik. Most of the credit goes to him. I only ported it to the Evo and used the Evo icon set. You can view the original thread here. If you want to use the Desire and original icon set I suggest using persibro's version.

This is a framework-res.apk mod so there is a good chance that it will erase any themes you may have applied previously. Send me a PM with a link to your theme and what icons you want to use from my theme and if I have time I will send you a compatible version.

This mod should work for most of the 2.2 ROMs based off the HTC release (Baked Snack, Fresh, SteelH, etc.). If for some reason it doesn't, let me know and I will throw a working version up.

Always keep a current nandroid backup before applying any theme, mod, or something that alters the OS or core functionalities.

DOWNLOADS:

12/01/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.4 for OTA 3.30.651.3 and higher

12/01/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.3 for Roms 3.30.651.2 and lower

8/20/10 Smooth-Sense for Android 2.1 Based Roms 1.0.2

Old versions:

8/20/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.2

8/20/10 Smooth-Sense with White Sync Icon 1.0.2

CHANGELOG:

UPDATE 12/05/10:

- A preview of the new version of smooth-sense has been released. Check this post for details.

UPDATE 12/01/10:

- New versions added. 1.0.4 is for Roms based on OTA 3.30.651.3. 1.0.3 is for Roms based on previous OTAs.

- Smooth-REVOlution and battery only versions removed for simplicity and lack of interest.

- Slightly changed OP to reflect the changes in currently available versions.

UPDATE 11/14/10:

- Added a temporary version. Check the download section for details.

UPDATE 8/29/10:

- Added CM6 (final, not RC) versions for Smooth-REVOlution, both with and without battery percentage. Read the 8/20/10 update in this changelog for full details on applying.

- Re-added and moved some old versions of Smooth-Sense and Smooth-REVOlution to the old section of the downloads. Old versions are kept if there are valid reasons why someone would want them as opposed to the newer version, usually for aesthetic or compatibility purposes.

UPDATE 8/20/10:

- White GTalk icon in all Smooth-Sense versions, as requested.

- Reverted some revisions and additions made in previous versions to make porting and changing easier.

- Revised update-script used by recovery when flashing. This should help reduce the number of issues people report due to not updating properly.

- Added 2.1 version of Smooth-Sense. Tested and working on Fresh-evo 1.0.1.

- Updated Smooth-REVOlution (Manup's REVOlution themed version) with the same changes as Smooth-Sense and added download link to OP. This should be flashed on top of Manup's REVOlution theme.

- Added CM6RC2 version of Smooth-REVOlution. This should be flashed instead of Manup's REVOlution theme because as of now there is no RC2 version of the original theme. After flashing revolutionapps1.1.zip will be placed on your SD card. Flash this file to replace the default apps with the ones included in Manup's theme. These apps may be out of date so only flash if you want don't mind that and want themed versions. To fix the text colors go to settings>CyanogenMod settings>User Interface>Tweaks extras and select Import colors from XML and reboot. I have been told that this does not work on the nightlies and no, I will not make a version for them.

- Old versions will be left attached below until I have an alternate dl for them. Please use the download links directly below the changelog from now on.

UPDATE 8/16/10:

- A Manup's REVOlution theme version has been released for Sense based roms. View the post here.

- Added a battery only version for a different icon set. If the old icons look wrong to you and you want to keep it that way download the _wrong.zip version.

- A white version of the GTalk icon will be pushed to other versions soon.

UPDATE 8/15/10:

- Added a battery replacement only version.

UPDATE 8/14/10:

- Added a version with an animated white sync icon.

Last edited:

oreoOozZz

Nov 13, 2008
Just tried to flash on Baked Snack 9.7 ( 2.1 Based Rom ) and im stuck on the first boot screen for about half an hour now. Time to nandroid.

faster3200

Jul 10, 2010
Seattle

nemesys504

Oct 13, 2006
New York, NY
Hello all. If you venture outside of the Evo section here you may run into one of my favorite mods, Smooth-Sense by Jercik. I'll let him explain the idea behind the mod.

Here are the current changes:

new:
OcD6n.gif
old:
batteryorg.gif

new:
charge33.gif
old:
chargeorg.gif

- animated synchronization icon (Sorry for the .gif quality. Actual quality is the same as the old icon.)
new:
cGhur.gif
old:
yYGjX.png

new:
gps.gif
old:
gpsorg.gif

- new download animation
new:
downloadi.gif
old:
downloadorg.gif

- new upload animation
new:
upload.gif
old:
uploadorg.gif

- new ADB icon (which before looked like the warning icon)
new:
statsysadb.png
old:
statsysadb.png

new:
EM55F.png
old:
DMdQB.png

new:
ywMPC.png
old:
l1qBr.png

2KJ02.png

This mod was originally made for the Desire by Jercik. Most of the credit goes to him. I only ported it to the Evo and used the Evo icon set. You can view the original thread here. If you want to use the Desire and original icon set I suggest using persibro's version.

This is a framework-res.apk mod so there is a good chance that it will erase any themes you may have applied previously. Send me a PM with a link to your theme and what icons you want to use from my theme and if I have time I will send you a compatible version.

This mod should work for any of the 2.2 ROMs based off the HTC release (Baked Snack, Fresh, Damage Control, etc.). If for some reason it doesn't, let me know and I will throw a working version up.

Always keep a current nandroid backup before applying any theme, mod, or something that alters the OS or core functionalities.

Just wanna say great work. Works perfectly on Fresh 3.1.0.1. But was wondering if your could change the green sync icon to white. IMHO I think it would look a lot better.

gudda1

Aug 12, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just wanna say great work. Works perfectly on Fresh 3.1.0.1. But was wondering if your could change the green sync icon to white. IMHO I think it would look a lot better.

I agree ... a white sync icon would be legit.

Also, I'm new to android so bare with me.. but I just flashed a zip file that replaced the battery icon with a numeric icon..

Will I need to do anything, like remove a file, before flashing this new .zip file over, or will it just overwrite the old one?

thanks!

Spiderman313

Jun 22, 2007
Is it possible make it like a blue theme, where everything green can be blue? And makes the white blue also, possibly with a white outline? It would be appreciated.

psych2l

May 25, 2010
Boston
Nevermind, it was plugged in hah, great icons op, hope you do the same for CM.

Last edited:

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Any way to just use the icon we want? I only want the battery icon.

You can unzip and throw your images in where you don't want them.

I also have a version WITHOUT percentages which use the stock icons, some animated, with white sync, gps, upload download being the animated ones.

I'm also working on a blue battery I saw someone mention that. Check out my sig link if you're interested.

Bump for a great mod! HTC was slacking on this one, and I can't believe they didn't do this stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I love original HTC Sense look and feel, but I also love percentage battery. So I made percentage battery which looks like original one :). But after that, I realized that some other sense icons could be better. E.g.: sync icon - it is not animated, but I think it should be! So I decided to make theme/icon set for Sense ROMs, which will look like original, but will be extended by new smoother animations and new icons :).

Here are the current changes for Smooth-Sense:

new:
    OcD6n.gif
    old:
    batteryorg.gif

new:
    charge33.gif
    old:
    chargeorg.gif

new:
    cGhur.gif
    old:
    yYGjX.png

new:
    gps.gif
    old:
    gpsorg.gif

- new download animation
    new:
    downloadi.gif
    old:
    downloadorg.gif

- new upload animation
    new:
    upload.gif
    old:
    uploadorg.gif

- new ADB icon (which before looked like the warning icon) (Android 2.2 versions only)
    new:
    statsysadb.png
    old:
    statsysadb.png

new:
    EM55F.png
    old:
    DMdQB.png

new:
    ywMPC.png
    old:
    l1qBr.png

2KJ02.png

This mod should work for most of the 2.2 ROMs based off the HTC release (Baked Snack, Fresh, SteelH, etc.). If for some reason it doesn't, let me know and I will throw a working version up.

DOWNLOADS:

12/01/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.4 for OTA 3.30.651.3 and higher

12/01/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.3 for Roms 3.30.651.2 and lower

8/20/10 Smooth-Sense for Android 2.1 Based Roms 1.0.2

Old versions:

8/20/10 Smooth-Sense 1.0.2

8/20/10 Smooth-Sense with White Sync Icon 1.0.2

CHANGELOG:

UPDATE 12/05/10:

- A preview of the new version of smooth-sense has been released. Check this post for details.

UPDATE 12/01/10:

- New versions added. 1.0.4 is for Roms based on OTA 3.30.651.3. 1.0.3 is for Roms based on previous OTAs.

- Smooth-REVOlution and battery only versions removed for simplicity and lack of interest.

- Slightly changed OP to reflect the changes in currently available versions.

UPDATE 11/14/10:

- Added a temporary version. Check the download section for details.

UPDATE 8/29/10:

- Added CM6 (final, not RC) versions for Smooth-REVOlution, both with and without battery percentage. Read the 8/20/10 update in this changelog for full details on applying.

- Re-added and moved some old versions of Smooth-Sense and Smooth-REVOlution to the old section of the downloads. Old versions are kept if there are valid reasons why someone would want them as opposed to the newer version, usually for aesthetic or compatibility purposes.

UPDATE 8/20/10:

- White GTalk icon in all Smooth-Sense versions, as requested.

- Reverted some revisions and additions made in previous versions to make porting and changing easier.

- Revised update-script used by recovery when flashing. This should help reduce the number of issues people report due to not updating properly.

- Added 2.1 version of Smooth-Sense. Tested and working on Fresh-evo 1.0.1.

- Updated Smooth-REVOlution (Manup's REVOlution themed version) with the same changes as Smooth-Sense and added download link to OP. This should be flashed on top of Manup's REVOlution theme.

- Added CM6RC2 version of Smooth-REVOlution. This should be flashed instead of Manup's REVOlution theme because as of now there is no RC2 version of the original theme. After flashing revolutionapps1.1.zip will be placed on your SD card. Flash this file to replace the default apps with the ones included in Manup's theme. These apps may be out of date so only flash if you want don't mind that and want themed versions. To fix the text colors go to settings>CyanogenMod settings>User Interface>Tweaks extras and select Import colors from XML and reboot. I have been told that this does not work on the nightlies and no, I will not make a version for them.

- Old versions will be left attached below until I have an alternate dl for them. Please use the download links directly below the changelog from now on.

UPDATE 8/16/10:

- A Manup's REVOlution theme version has been released for Sense based roms. View the post here.

- Added a battery only version for a different icon set. If the old icons look wrong to you and you want to keep it that way download the _wrong.zip version.

- A white version of the GTalk icon will be pushed to other versions soon.

UPDATE 8/15/10:

- Added a battery replacement only version.

UPDATE 8/14/10:

- Added a version with an animated white sync icon.
    Thanks to BeatBlaster and helping port over Smooth Sense to JsChiSurf's Notification Menu Power Controls and JS's help with getting me the latest Espresso Rosie for 3.70, I've been able to put together a combination of Smooth Sense, Notification Menu Power Controls, and Espresso Rosie into 1 file. Check this post for info and the download link.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9976464&postcount=191

If you don't want Espresso Rosie, just take out the /system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk and /system/app/Rosie.apk. The rest is necessary. Smooth Mods and the Notification Controls have to stay together. If you like it, hit that "Thanks" button. :D
    faster3200 asked that I post a link to my original combination of JSCHiSurf's Power Widgets mod and his own Smooth Mods. You can find this flashable zip HERE.

Have fun!
    would love to see this updated for 3.70