World's 2nd phone that got Official ICS Android 4.0 Update

Search This thread

info[]box1

May 23, 2009
-5 Eastern
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
For the record I don't agreed with Google. But..

Its All about the monies.. Galaxy Nexus is scheduled for release in America, which is to be our first real touch of ICS. American cellular carrier (Big Red) ;) is controlling the distribution of Android OS 4.0.1 cause its detrimental to Verizon Galaxy Nexus S *sales.

It seems to be some US rule that the Google Nexus w/ lastest OS, must be released first before the pre existing Google Nexus can ota update. WE get the first USA ota of Android 4.x.x.

I may be wrong, but I believe this is the underlined story.

Sent from my BB GPA19x Linux S 4G using xda premium

punwik

Jan 9, 2011
Dallas
Basicly the Galaxy nexus is a Nexus s 4g with Galaxy S2 Hardware!!!
Dual Core, Super amoled, Ect, Ect....

snandlal

Apr 14, 2010
Only in North America, and that's only because the American gov't has limited the scope of Huawei's dealings with American carriers. They did so because Huawei works closely with the Chinese gov't and Congress didn't like that they would sell a lot of high end phones in the U.S. In the rest of the world, you can find high end devices that are competitive with Samsung and HTC.. So thank your Congressmen and women for that.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Glad that Congress did that. Show they have non-commi tendencies

supralover72

Jul 18, 2010
Correction: such actions actually indicate that we have pro-commi tendencies.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using xda premium

I may be watching the Republican Debates, but I'm pretty sure I came here to read about my phone, so could we please keep the political views out of this thread so it doesn't get closed so I can continue sympathizing with people *****ing about how some chinese piece of **** got an ICS OTA before my super phone made out of Kim Kardashian's ass, Moses's brain and assembled by baby jesus' hands?

Thanks.

demo23019

Dec 9, 2007
Basicly the Galaxy nexus is a Nexus s 4g with Galaxy S2 Hardware!!!
Dual Core, Super amoled, Ect, Ect....

Saying same because its dual core super amoled is vague comparison.

GS2 actually has better dual core and GPU.
And screens are not the same at all the GS2 has 480x800 SAMOLED plus Real-Stripe display and galaxy nexus has 1280X720 qHD SAMOLED pentile display

just confirmed: although this offical update is a demo, not the final version, but Google, u just pissed our Nexus users off ! why still no OTA?
We are not getting an OTA till after galaxy nexus fully available.
Wouldn't expect till jan-feb

Last edited:

hp420

Jul 31, 2011
Gainesville, Fl
Google Nexus 4
T-Mobile LG G2
I can guarantee we won't see an update until all carriers worldwide have the GN in stock and available for sale. There is no way samsung will let a lesser, older model be available with the newest firmware before a phone which is supposed to debut the firmware. It just won't happen.

I can bet that this whole verizon delay is also partly to blame for our OTA delay...they are probably contracted to be the next carrier to release the phone, and all other carriers are waiting while verizon shuffles their feet releasing it.

Of course, this is all speculation...but it all sounds feasible to me :)

....and yes, huawei is ****. Not even just in comparison to a nexus...they are just flat-out ****ty phones. No ifs ands or buts.

Reactions: thegtfusion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wtf? I thought huawei was junk!

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
    Correction: such actions actually indicate that we have pro-commi tendencies.

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using xda premium

I may be watching the Republican Debates, but I'm pretty sure I came here to read about my phone, so could we please keep the political views out of this thread so it doesn't get closed so I can continue sympathizing with people *****ing about how some chinese piece of **** got an ICS OTA before my super phone made out of Kim Kardashian's ass, Moses's brain and assembled by baby jesus' hands?

Thanks.
    Huawei is not ****. Huawei is a big and powerful company here in asia.

Sorry they are junk compared to nexus s.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
    i think my nexus S 4g **** out a "huawei" a few weeks ago...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App
    Only in North America, and that's only because the American gov't has limited the scope of Huawei's dealings with American carriers. They did so because Huawei works closely with the Chinese gov't and Congress didn't like that they would sell a lot of high end phones in the U.S. In the rest of the world, you can find high end devices that are competitive with Samsung and HTC.. So thank your Congressmen and women for that.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Glad that Congress did that. Show they have non-commi tendencies